33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: 33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True

Post by Nebula »

It is fine to question or not believe the official story of 9/11 or parts of it. Your suspicions do not make the official story a conspiracy theory. That is crazy.
When people begin to substitute their own beliefs as the truth and those beliefs include a massive conspiracy, a conspiracy theory is born.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yea you do, it means if the government has secrets , that its never going to tell, then it can never be proved fact or fiction , the release on area 51 is a joke , ex cia workers have come after that release and said that is not everything that went on at area 51 as a example
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

It is fine to question or not believe the official story of 9/11 or parts of it. Your suspicions do not make the official story a conspiracy theory. That is crazy.
When people begin to substitute their own beliefs as the truth and those beliefs include a massive conspiracy, a conspiracy theory is born.

yes but as far as im concerned there has been just as much evidence if not more for controlled demo as the fire from the burning jet fuel brought them down , it cant even be proved that when jfk was killed that it happened the way lbj said it did, so i guess my point really is who gets to decide what is truth and what is theory, and you cant say the government because most have been caught in lies at some point
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Here, let me re-post the Castanet article from yesterday that you forgot to read you Castaneter's.....

CIA acknowledges existence of Area 51

UFO buffs and believers in space aliens are celebrating the CIA's clearest acknowledgement yet of the existence of Area 51, the top-secret Cold War test site that has been the subject of elaborate conspiracy theories for decades.

For a long time, U.S. government officials hesitated to acknowledge even the existence of Area 51.

CIA history released Thursday not only refers to Area 51 by name and describes some of the activities that took place there, but places the U.S. Air Force base on a map, along the dry Groom Lake bed in the Nevada desert.

It also talks about some cool planes, though none of them are saucer-shaped.

The recently declassified documents set the tinfoil-hat contingent abuzz on the Internet, though there's no mention in the papers of UFO crashes, black-eyed extraterrestrials or staged moon landings.

"I'm thinking that they're probably testing the waters now to see how mad people get about the big lie and coverup," said Audrey Hewins, a woman from Maine who runs a support group for people like her who believe they have been contacted by extraterrestrials. "We're hoping the CIA is leading up to disclosure" of the existence of space aliens on Earth.

"It's not something you can look at us and lie about, because we know that they're here and have been here for a long time," she said.

George Washington University's National Security Archive used a public records request to obtain the CIA history of one of Area 51's most secret Cold War projects, the U-2 spy plane program.

National Security Archive senior fellow Jeffrey Richelson first reviewed the history in 2002, but all mentions of the country's most mysterious military base had been redacted. So he requested the history again in 2005, hoping for more information. Sure enough, he received a version a few weeks ago with the mentions of Area 51 restored.

The report is unlikely to stop the conspiracy theories. The 407-page document still contains many redactions, and who's to say those missing sections don't involve little green men?

Some UFO buffs and others believe the most earthshattering revelations will come from Area 51 workers, not an official document.

"The government probably will not release what it knows," UFO researcher Robert Hastings said. "My opinion is that whoever is flying these craft will break the story and will reveal themselves at some point in the future. The CIA is not going to release anything they don't want to talk about."

It's not the first time the government has acknowledged the existence of the super-secret, 8,000-square-mile installation. Former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush referred to the "location near Groom Lake" in insisting on continued secrecy, and other government references date to the 1960s.

But Richelson as well as those who are convinced "the truth is out there" are taking the document as a sign of loosening secrecy about the government's activities in the Nevada desert.

The site is known as Area 51 among UFO aficionados because that was the base's designation on old Nevada test site maps. The CIA history reveals that officials renamed it "Paradise Ranch" to try to lure skilled workers, who can still be seen over Las Vegas flying to and from the site on unmarked planes
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Nebula wrote:There is a difference between a secret and a conspiracy.

Huh?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

lakevixen wrote:yea you do, it means if the government has secrets , that its never going to tell, then it can never be proved fact or fiction , the release on area 51 is a joke , ex cia workers have come after that release and said that is not everything that went on at area 51 as a example

You need to accept reality that you don't get to know everything.
The recently released documents just show that the VIA knew about a place called Area 51. Woopee. It was common knowledge it existed decades before.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

lakevixen wrote:yes but as far as im concerned there has been just as much evidence if not more for controlled demo as the fire from the burning jet fuel brought them down , it cant even be proved that when jfk was killed that it happened the way lbj said it did, so i guess my point really is who gets to decide what is truth and what is theory, and you cant say the government because most have been caught in lies at some point

I have looked extensively at the 9/11 conspiracy theory and I have seen no evidence of controlled demolitions having been used. That you are willing to substitute your own theory for the official story AND your theory would involve a conspiracy of at least hundreds of people, makes you a conspiracy theorist.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

You need to accept reality that you don't get to know everything

no one does ever, not you or me, but thats not addressing the reality of just because a goverment says one thing is true and someone else thinks a different version is true , makes the government's version fact and someone elses theory. ill use quantum entanglement again , only select few of researchers have observed this in action yet the rest of us will never , and this freaky action as einstein called it , actualy means teleportation is true . now do me and you , who will never observe quantum entanglement , believe that? or do we believe teleportation is occurring through alien technology?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I have looked extensively at the 9/11 conspiracy theory and I have seen no evidence of controlled demolitions having been used. That you are willing to substitute your own theory for the official story AND your theory would involve a conspiracy of at least hundreds of people, makes you a conspiracy theorist

so you decide what's the truth and what's is theory?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Nebula wrote: have looked extensively at the 9/11 conspiracy theory and I have seen no evidence of controlled demolitions having been used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woeh1nburyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=972ETepp4GI

concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

World Trade Centre owner Larry Silverstein, who took out a brand new insurance policy on his investment months before 9/11 admits they pulled Building 7.

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

my main point for this thread is this, no one really has the right to call one idea a theory , and another a fact when according to the laws of quantum mechanics , that every possibility exists until something is measured, or observed , so what that means is every possibility exists. a real world example is in last provincial election, until votes were counted , the ndp had won, the greens had won , the vote never happened because the world blew up , ect ect .
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

concernie wrote:World Trade Centre owner Larry Silverstein, who took out a brand new insurance policy on his investment months before 9/11 admits they pulled Building 7.

Actually, nice try, but no, he was talking about pulling the firefighters out of the building before it collapsed. Of course it wouldn't make any sense for him to go on TV and proclaim he pulled the building down when it's supposed to be a big secret conspiracy, but hey, let's not use any common sense.
Last edited by goatboy on Aug 17th, 2013, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

lakevixen wrote:no one does ever, not you or me, but thats not addressing the reality of just because a goverment says one thing is true and someone else thinks a different version is true , makes the government's version fact and someone elses theory.

You are misunderstanding.
I'm not trying to define theory or belief. I'm talking about conspiracy theories.

If you say, "I don't believe the government's version," you are expressing an opinion. Nothing wrong with that. When you reject one explanation and substitute a new explanation that involves nefarious forces working in secret toward a nefarious goal and (usually) it involves hundreds/thousands of people, the explanation becomes a conspiracy theory. A conspiracy hypotheses might be a better name, since there is never any evidence provided.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

lakevixen wrote:so you decide what's the truth and what's is theory?

For me, yes.
I also look at conspiracy theories and determine if there is something to them.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”