Cyber bullying at the Conspiracies & UFOs threads

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Cyber bullying at the Conspiracies & UFOs threads

Post by Bejvas »

There is no need to go so far to find conspiracies, it happens right here all the time. Some people try to have descent debates about out of the ordinary topics, and a bunch of bullies who are not interested at all on the subjects discussed here, keep coming back over and over just to harass, disrespect, make ridiculous of, laugh at, they keep provoking and trying to get threads closed down, they want people to get mad and not come back.

If it bothers them so much to have people discussing out of ordinary subjects, why do they keep coming back?

This kind of behaviour has one name: Bullying

Cyberbullying

The article “A guide to cyberbullying Get with It!” provides an overview of cyberbullying and what it involves. Bullying is described in the article as a “repeated aggression, verbal, psychological or physical conduct by an individual or group against others”. Having a world that is so easily connected due to technology provides individuals with a new way for bullying that is seemingly anonymous. Cyberbullying is bullying via technological devises; this can be via sms, email and social networking and chat is used to threaten, exclude, intimidate or humiliate a child. Cyberbullying is out of sight from adults, but unlike verbal bullying cyber bullying does not disappear into the air and be left behind cyber bullying can be persistent or everlasting. Usually bullies don’t feel as though they are responsible for their actions. They also do not fear any consequences for their actions. Cyberbullying often occurs outside of school without any teachers being aware of the situation. Victims are always hidden away and fearful of telling others or asking for help. Cyber bullies are usually anonymous thus victims may not know who they are and what their intentions may be.

The article further goes into preventions stating that at home parents should pay attention, understand the technology, registering as dual access with your child and teaching them respect and responsibilities. If bullying is happening some advice is given including not replying and blocking sender and additionally outlines when and how to contact the service provider. Schools and youth groups need to set up Anti-Bullying policies that are reviewed regularly and have specific measures to deal with bullying.

I believe that this is a beneficial article providing an overview of cyberbullying, it is clear and succinct not only about what cyberbullying is but preventions as well.

click the link below to direct you to a cyberbullying quiz:

http://www.wiredkids.org/ktt_universal/games/javascript/cyberbullying_quiz_1/index.html
A guide to cyberbullying: Get with it! Understanding and identifying cyberbullying to help protect your children.
Retrieved April 4, 2012, from

http://www.rcysostenibilidad.telefonica.com/es/media/pdf/Get_with_it_Cyberbullyin
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Cyber bullying at the Conspiracies & UFOs threads

Post by Nebula »

If you feel that way, Bejevas, you should have a discussion with jennylives (who keeps a very close on eye on Conspiracy threads) or Jo.

My personal feeling is that, aside from the odd jab that does get thrown, you are upset that people who do not agree with you are allowed to voice their opinions. I further feel that conspiracy theorists dish it out quite well themselves.

In general, from what I've seen in the past, conspiracy theorists are not interested at all in debate. They are interested in posting never ending links to YouTube videos and fringe websites, patting each other on the back, and ridiculing and belittling anyone and everyone who does not agree with them.

My interest in certain topics in this forum has nothing to do with harassment. I have never attempted to get a thread closed down and, truth be told, those who believe in conspiracies have been the cause of many thread closures on Castanet.

Furthermore, I take offense to your belief that non-conspiracy-theorists are bullies. This is a public forum. The cardinal rule on this forum is that all views should be allowed. That means respect from both sides. If you feel you have been wronged, by all means speak to jennylives or Jo, but don't raise a ruckus just because there are people out there who choose to post countering views to your own.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

I understad everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how do you expect to have a reasonable debate when all you CT folks post are fake photos, bogus videos and non accurate flight tracker sites and you do it repeatedly. Nothing credable to support your theories. Why do you people never accept the facts that are given to you? Meanwhile the opposing side posts actual facts to support their side.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Knock it off!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I have seen ganging up happen in this forum from several people. Everyone feels passionately about their views. Just stop with the tinfoil hat, you can't handle the truth or you are brainwashed comments and we will be doing great. I'm not going to tell someone who's viewpoint is different that they should leave this forum. I will removed posts that are personal attacks though. So please report them and DON'T RESPOND. Then they go away and we can move on.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

Thanks Jenny!

It is not about not handling the difference of opinions, that is great for debating, but when it comes to calling people nasty nick names like tin foil hat, etc, or idiots, or "dense" or whatever sneaky synonymous words they can find, and than coming and laughing and making this subjects here look like only "crazy" people could believe possible, that's not acceptable.

Of course debates get passionate, but just defend your theory, it is not necessary to put people down pointing out spelling mistakes, or identities, etc.

In clean debate,
Bejvas
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

So Bejavas, are you willing to clean up your language also and encourage other believers of conspiracies to clean up theirs? You singled out non-conspiracy-believing posters in your original post. What about the believers?

What about being called an ostrich? Or saying someone has their head buried in the sand? What about being called a sheep? What about being called a patsy, a shill, etc?

Will you come out for the removal of that type of language from the conspiracy forum?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

Nebula wrote:So Bejavas, are you willing to clean up your language also and encourage other believers of conspiracies to clean up theirs? You singled out non-conspiracy-believing posters in your original post. What about the believers?

What about being called an ostrich? Or saying someone has their head buried in the sand? What about being called a sheep? What about being called a patsy, a shill, etc?

Will you come out for the removal of that type of language from the conspiracy forum?

You are wrong! What I do the most is try to ignore all of the subliminal attacks you and other couple of people do most of the time.

All these things you're saying here, happens from some here because they get provoked all the time. The provocation is so bad that most of the time its difficult to do not answer, but some of us exercise our patience to the limit!

And by the way, my nick name is Bejvas, not Bejavas, I think you knew that from before already.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

My apologies for my misspelling.

So what you are saying is that you want one side of the debate to follow your rule but you are unwilling to follow that rule yourself or urge the other people on your side of the debate to follow the rule.

There is an old saying: What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

You may see subliminal attacks in what is posted (that would be a whole other subject), but you pointed out that you don't like being called names, yet you are unwilling to stop name calling yourself.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

Your bullying tactics are always to twist things around. I haven't said that, you're twisting my words again, what a surprise.

Nebula wrote:My apologies for my misspelling.

So what you are saying is that you want one side of the debate to follow your rule but you are unwilling to follow that rule yourself or urge the other people on your side of the debate to follow the rule.

There is an old saying: What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

You may see subliminal attacks in what is posted (that would be a whole other subject), but you pointed out that you don't like being called names, yet you are unwilling to stop name calling yourself.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Well let's go back then, since you think I've twisted your words around.

Are you willing to apply the same rule about no name calling to yourself and others on your side of the debate?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Actually he is right Bejvas you and your buddies are just as guilty for personal attacks as any of us. Don't try to come across as the innocent one.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

There has been how many attacks on the chemtrail site in the last few days, and they have all been you guys

We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

I for one have been called a liar and a someone who drinks to much, by the CTs, no complaints because I believe it shows more about the person making the comment, then the person the comment is made about.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I haven't been anywhere near the chemtrail threads lately so please exclude me from 'you guys'.

How about you kompili? Would you support Bejvas' rule and stop calling people names?

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”