H2O Engine. Where is it?

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Popeye69
Board Meister

H2O Engine. Where is it?

Post by Popeye69 »

Heres a topic that I'm sure has been talked about before....

So where is the H2O car?? I am not talking about the car you put hydrogen gas in, I am talking about the car you put WATER in the tank. (Thru electrolosis it separates water into hydogen and burns that, emitting water again as an exhaust. I think thats how it worked.)

The engine has been built and documented with patents going to the U.S military but how come a company hasnt cornered the market and built a H2O car??
Even the hydrogen fuel cell car which is refuelled using hydrogen gas(dangerous to handle) is still a ghost.. sure there are hydrogen fuel cell buses rolling around but no ones made a car that anyone can buy.

Yes yes I know.. big oil. Corporate agendas..

But what is stopping someone from building this engine? According to my understanding of Canadian patent laws if you change something by even a small amount you legally can have a new patentable idea... soo...
Anyone have any ideas as to what happened?? (I think we all know the big theories out there already) Any knowledge on patent law would be useful aswell....
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: H2O Engine. Where is it?

Post by Nebula »

I think what happened is it was a all a bunch of hooey.

Before all the YouTube videos get posted, think about it. If you're going to use hydrogen from water as fuel, you have to expend energy to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen. Then you have to recombine the two (hydrogen does not burn by itself). The amount of energy it would take to produce the fuel (hydrogen) would be at least equivalent to the amount of energy produced.

Physics wins. There is no water engine.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

I heard about that many years ago, they guy who invented it died "suddenly" on March 21, 1998, which is very convenient. But at the same time, water is as expensive as gas now a days, it could be worse if cars run on water. Greed is the problem, being it on gas, diesel, alcohol, or water, it doesn't matter.

The Inventor of the Car That Runs on Water Has Been Killed!

The inventor of the water fueled car has been killed, is it an unrelated death, or is a plot the oil companies made in order to prevent a better and cheaper replacement for gas to be developed?

Since his death the plans of his water fueled have been published. Thousands of people are converting their cars to run on gas everyday.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1355329/the_inventor_of_the_car_that_runs_on_water_has_been_killed/

"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Captain Awesome wrote:Top Gear: Hydrogen Powered Car.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/62637/detail/

What's the purpose of the video?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Bejvas wrote:I heard about that many years ago, they guy who invented it died "suddenly" on March 21, 1998, which is very convenient. But at the same time, water is as expensive as gas now a days, it could be worse if cars run on water. Greed is the problem, being it on gas, diesel, alcohol, or water, it doesn't matter.

People do die.

People have been claiming to have invented H2O engines since at least the 1930s. They haven't.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Nebula wrote:What's the purpose of the video?

Sorry, I confused a somewhat workable hydrogen powered car concept with magical car that runs on water.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

No problemo.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:Top Gear: Hydrogen Powered Car.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/62637/detail/

Now, that's cool beans!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Nebula wrote:I think what happened is it was a all a bunch of hooey.

Before all the YouTube videos get posted, think about it. If you're going to use hydrogen from water as fuel, you have to expend energy to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen. Then you have to recombine the two (hydrogen does not burn by itself). The amount of energy it would take to produce the fuel (hydrogen) would be at least equivalent to the amount of energy produced.

Physics wins. There is no water engine.

Put a flame or spark to hydrogen and it ignites quite explosively. (Grade 10 science class or the Hindenburg)
Quite a low voltage is used to separate the hydrogen from water, my science teacher used a 9V battery if I remember correctly.
This is not a zero point energy or free energy engine Neb. Whose to say you dont have to plug it in or let it sit there for a few hours to build up hydrogen before you go anywhere.... This type of engine effectively eliminates the need to have hydrogen fueling stations like you need with hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. (Alot safer to use and refuel)
Its simple, sound, practical science and feasible.
Last edited by Popeye69 on Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Ah well, you're talking about something else then. If you're plugging it into a wall, then you are introducing energy into the system from an outside source.

Using electrolysis to separate hydrogen from oxygen is nothing new. However, I suspect the problem would still be the sheer amount of outside energy required in order to break the molecular bonds to have sufficient hydrogen to turn around and fuel the engine. I mean, you're talking about using a bunch of energy in order to create energy. Why not skip a step and just plug it in and call it an electric car.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Good point yet we are talking the car once charged could effectively run and refuel itself as you drive. Once you park your car can still manufacture Hydrogen since the electrolisis process takes so little energy, like I said you can do it with a battery at home.
Edit to add: I guess you would need the hydrogen gas to be under pressure so you would need a compressor onboard to collect, pressurize and store the gas. That may take abit more energy...
Last edited by Popeye69 on Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Popeye69 wrote:Good point yet we are talking the car once charged could effectively run and refuel itself as you drive. Once you park your car can still manufacture Hydrogen since the electrolisis process takes so little energy, like I said you can do it with a battery at home.

Not entirely true. It would take more energy to break the hydrogen and oxygen atoms than the energy you would get out of the combustion of hydrogen.

The car could not "run and refuel itself as you drive" -- that is pushing the perpetual motion machine envelope.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Neb you still gotta add water to the system. The refueling as you go is the hydrogen being replaced as you drive from your alternator generating electricty for the electrolosis..
not a perpetual motion gimmick
:sleepdeprived:
Last edited by Popeye69 on Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Nope. We're back to square one. You're talking about only having to put water in the tank, just like we put gas in the tank when it empties. That simply won't work. You can't just put water in the tank of this mythical engine and drive off until you need to add more water. You would have to constantly add energy from another source to make the system work, so why bother using water?

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”