H2O Engine. Where is it?

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: H2O Engine. Where is it?

Post by Captain Awesome »

Which reminds me...

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

You would need quite a battery pack I guess to let it charge hydrogen while your parked, once running though your alternator charges the battery while you drive. The engine wouldnt run forever and would probably need to be charged from time to time, but it would run longer than a battery car and you wouldnt need to plug it in every night. I get your point, alot going on for the same thing as a battery car. Just could be a better battery car I guess... The future will tell.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I suspect the reason there aren't water powered cars out there is because they would be pathetically inefficient.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

By the way, having a patent doesn't mean a lot if the thing doesn't work. One need not prove a thing works in order to get a patent for it. There are patents on file for perpetual motion machines, yet none of them work.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Bejvas wrote:I heard about that many years ago, they guy who invented it died "suddenly" on March 21, 1998, which is very convenient.

Here's a story on your conveniently dead inventor. (Note how 'convenient' it was that he ripped people off with his 'invention'.)

Sunday Times (December 1, 1996)
It appears to be the end of the road for maverick inventor Stanley Meyer and his water-powered car after a recent American court verdict.

The car was a wonderful, if unlikely, dream while it lasted, offering a pollution-free future powered by a limitless source of energy. But the dream was shattered when Meyer was found guilty of fraud after his Water Fuel Cell was tested before an Ohio judge.

It is rare for an inventor to be prosecuted for an invention that does not work, but Meyer's problem was that he had been selling "dealerships", offering investors the "right to do business'' in Water Fuel Cell technology in anticipation of the day when water would power anything From domestic boilers to cars and aircraft.

But recently two suspicious investors could not wait for that day to dawn and sued Meyer to get their money back. Meyer defended, maintaining his long-held claim that the Water Fuel Cell was a truly revolutionary invention that could split water into its two constituent gases of hydrogen and oxygen far more efficiently than conventional
electrolysis.

The secret, he said, was to "resonate" electricity at a very high voltage through water and so "fracture" the hydrogen/oxygen molecular bond. This, he claimed, opened the way for a car which would "run on water", powered simply by a car battery. The car would even run forever since the energy needed to continue the "fracturing" was so low that the battery could be recharged: from the engine's dynamo.

Meyer claimed to have adapted a 1.6-litre Volkswagen Dune Buggy to run on water. He replaced the sparkplugs with "injectors" which, he said, sprayed water as a fine mist in a "resonant cavity" where it was bombarded by a succession of high-voltage electrical pulses. He claimed this instantly converted the water into a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen that could be combusted in the cylinders, driving the pistons just as in an ordinary petrol engine.

One of the experts due to examine the car was Michael Laughton, professor of electrical engineering at Queen Mary and Westfield University, London, but he was not allowed to see it. "Although Meyer had known about our visit weeks in advance, when we arrived he made some lame excuse about why the car wasn't working, so it was impossible to evaluate it," said
Laughton.

However, the one thing Meyer had built that appeared to work was his Water Fuel Cell, and it was this device that the Ohio judge called as evidence in the recent lawsuit. The cell had been the centrepiece of Meyer's sales pitches. It was a transparent cylinder of water inside which was a core of stainless steel electrodes. When plugged into an electrical supply,the cell bubbled away merrily, producing apparently copious amounts of gas that Meyer ignited through a welding torch.To the layman it was an impressive performance and hundreds of small investors signed up, but it did not impress three expert witnesses in court.

They decided that there was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and that it was simply using conventional electrolysis.
Meyer was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay the investors their $25,000 (£15,000).
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Hmmm... I trust the theory engine I'm talkin about over the one he built lol!! Makes sense to produce and store the hydrogen more than trying to in a split-second separate hydrogen and instantly ignite it, all the while running the risk of dousing your piston down with water, flooding your engine lol forgive the pun. I dont know if any of this is practical and efficient Neb. Just cool to think about though and you can kinda wrap your head around how it MIGHT work if done right.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Well, here's one way of looking at it.

It takes a lot of energy, through electrolysis to separate the atoms in a molecule of water. Once done, you have some hydrogen, which we know is combustible with oxygen and, in doing so, creates energy. It takes at least as much energy to produce the hydrogen this way as there is energy available at the end. However, if you were able to take hydroelectric energy and use it to produce hydrogen that would then power a car, you would have a very clean source of energy and a byproduct that is water.

All that said, it makes more sense to me to skip the whole making hydrogen/using hydrogen step and just build better batteries to store the electricity created by hydro projects.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A hydro fuel cell IS a battery! More efficient than some, less efficient than others. (Efficiency is only one of several factors to take into consideration when designing non-combustion vehicles.) So far the biggest knock against hydrogen is cost.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

H2O Car - Water Powered Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jivb7lupDNU

Water Car ... Daniel Dingel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhXrvCCILw

Where is it? How far down the rabbit hole are you willing to go?...

History Of 'New Energy' Invention Suppression Cases
http://www.rense.com/general72/oinvent.htm

Memoirs of a Madman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8T2J_OfPDg
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Here come the YouTube videos, the conspiracy theorists' bag of evidence. Need proof? Just go to YouTube. Never mind that accepted laws of physics have to be broken in order for YouTube inventions to work. Nah, those laws don't matter.

A car that runs solely on H2O does not exist, regardless of YouTube.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Was Gary Vesperman denied a patent?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

peaceseeker wrote:H2O Car - Water Powered Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jivb7lupDNU

What peaceseeker fails to mention (of course) with the above video is that Genepax, the company, never showed how its technology works. It alluded to the use of metal hydride to spawn a chemical reaction that would release hydrogen. That would of course mean that metal hydride is the fuel and not water.

Genepax closed its website in 2009. Three years later, no cars on the road.

Water Car ... Daniel Dingel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhXrvCCILw

peaceseeker fails to mention that Mr. Dingell has been claiming to have developed a technology to use water as fuel as far back as 1969. In 2000 he partnered with Formosa Plastics to further develop the technology. Eight years later, the company sued Dingel, who was found guilty and sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Frauds, charltans and snake oil salesmen.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Popeye69 wrote:Put a flame or spark to hydrogen and it ignites quite explosively. (Grade 10 science class or the Hindenburg)
Quite a low voltage is used to separate the hydrogen from water, my science teacher used a 9V battery if I remember correctly.
This is not a zero point energy or free energy engine Neb. Whose to say you dont have to plug it in or let it sit there for a few hours to build up hydrogen before you go anywhere.... This type of engine effectively eliminates the need to have hydrogen fueling stations like you need with hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. (Alot safer to use and refuel)
Its simple, sound, practical science and feasible.

First of all, hydrogen vehicles are just as safe if not safer than a gasoline vehicle. Second, electrolysis is an endothermic reaction (remember that from grade 10 science class), therefore, it requires energy into the system to produce the reaction. End of story.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Glacier wrote:First of all, hydrogen vehicles are just as safe if not safer than a gasoline vehicle. Second, electrolysis is an endothermic reaction (remember that from grade 10 science class), therefore, it requires energy into the system to produce the reaction. End of story.

Ya thats where the battery pack comes in, read my previous posts.
The non safe aspect(in Hydrogen fuel cell) is allowing the general public to pump their own hydrogen just like propane vehicles, hydrogen being more easy to ignite accidently. Manufacturers have made the storage of hydrogen in the vehicle safer but still is seen as a major component in public safety.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”