Anyone Upset About Installing Smartmeters Here?

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Anyone Upset About Installing Smartmeters Here?

Post by Fancy »

if I was given a choice between "saving
Money" due to smart meters or no savings and keeping people in my community employed .....I'd go with people everytime.
Is that even a choice?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Fancy wrote: Is that even a choice?

A) that's why I used the word "if" ( please try and read entire posts in context rather than "thinking" you're clever and constantly taking snippets out of context

B) shouldn't it be a choice ? Especially when we own the resource we're Llowing them to make money on as well as basically giving them license to run a monopoly?

C) It's always a choice ....especially since we are the owners of the land/resources we allow them to make money on.

It's not that I want people to think like me . It's that I just want people to think
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Obviously not a choice.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Fancy wrote:Obviously not a choice.

How so? Please explain ( and feel free to support with links showing we have no say)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

sanfish wrote:How so? Please explain ( and feel free to support with links showing we have no say)

Well, BC Hydro already upgraded to smart meters.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

sanfish wrote:It's not that I want people to think like me .

Good.
It's that I just want people to think

I've thought about it and I have no problem with BC Hydro installing smart meters.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Nebula wrote:I've thought about it and I have no problem with BC Hydro installing smart meters.

Is it that you have "no problem" with it , or is it that you WANT them installed? If its the latter, please give your reasons and supply links proving your reasons
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I wonder what kind of pipes they use to deliver water to my place and whether or not I should be upset about it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Captain Awesome wrote:I wonder what kind of pipes they use to deliver water to my place and whether or not I should be upset about it.

That you'd be thinking of pipe(s) doesn't surprise me at all
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

so, from what I understand, the main difference that people are upset about between a smart meter and a regular one is that the smart meter transmits its data by wifi type signal that lasts approximately one minute in length over the course of a day. Now, unless someone lives in the middle of the wilderness, doesn't common sense tell you that you're exposed to 100's of times more EM energy on a daily basis just by being out and about in any urban setting? Am I missing somehthing here?
Ddub47

Post by Ddub47 »

GenesisGT wrote:If you are truly concerned about the effects of RF and how to avoid it in your house here are some tips, although it would probably be easier to just build a log house in the middle of no where. If you have any of these conditions in your house Smartmeters are not going to make a lot of difference.

Sleep in a room that has been electromagnetically evaluated. Bau-Biologie Exposure Standards for sleeping areas indicate that Magnetic and Electric Fields should be as low as possible, preferably under 0.2 mG (milliGauss) or 20 nT (nanoTesla) for Magnetic Fields and below 1 V/m (Volt per Meter) for Electric Fields. Ideal Body Voltage readings should be below 10 mV (milliVolts).

Shut off the electricity in your bedroom during sleeping hours. This can be accomplished manually by turning off the breakers or automatically with a demand switch. This will eliminate electric field exposure while sleeping. Seek the professional advise of a trained Bau-Biologist for protection solutions.

Avoid placing a bed on a shared wall with a neighbouring apartment if in a townhouse or apartment building. Your neighbours may have electronic equipment or electrical appliances on the other side of the wall emitting high electromagnetic fields.

Have your sleeping are evaluated for radio frequency (RF) radiation from cell phone towers, and all other wireless radiation sources. Bau-Biologie exposure standards indicate RF radiation should be below 1 μW/m2 (microWatts per square meter) and below 0.1 μW/m2 for digital pulsed radiation signals.

If elevated Radio Frequency Radiation is found, determine weather its source in internal or external to the building. If the source is external (local cell phone tower), installing RF shielding fabric curtains, a bed shielding canopies or RF reflective window foil is recommended. If the source is internal, find the source and turn it off (cordless phone, wireless router). Seek the professional advice of a trained Bau-Biologist for protection solutions.

Avoid the use of cordless telephones. Most new models (DECT) constantly transmit RF radiation even when they are not in use.

Remove all electronic devices from all occupied bedrooms.

Avoid the use of an electric blanket. The will produce high electric and magnetic fields.

If possible, sleep in a bed that has no metal parts, such as innersprings or a metal frame.

Avoid using metal head and foot boards because the electric fields will be enhanced.

Keep metal way from the sleeping area, such as metal bookshelves, end tables or metal pole lamps.

Use a battery operated alarm clock rather than an AC electric alarm clock.

Avoid purchasing a home within 500 feet of high voltage power lines. This distance will vary according to the power of the lines. A magnetic and electric field strength measurement would determine the exact distance.

Avoid running electric extension cords under chairs, beds and couches.

If possible, maintain a distance of 10 feet from the television and other electronic devices and appliances.

Avoid the use of fluorescent and halogen lights, use incandescent full spectrum lighting.

Avoid the use of electric motors, such as an electric can opener, shaver or toothbrush. Rechargeable or battery operated toothbrushes and shavers are preferred to plug-in models.

Consider replacing an ungrounded 2 wire lamp cord with a 3 wire shielded power cord to reduce electric fields. Your lamp may have to be customized in a specialty lighting store or by an electrician and meet UL and CSA approvals.

Stand back 3 feet or more from operating motors such as juicers and blenders.

Avoid the use of hand held hairdryers. If required, keep the motor and the cord as far from the body as possible.

Avoid using the over head fan while in the bathroom. If it must run maintain a distance of 10 feet.

If possible, maintain a distance of 10 feet from the heater coils when cooking with an electric stove or oven.

If purchasing a computer monitor locally, screen it with a Magnetic Field Detector or gauss meter. The latest standards require that AC magnetic field be 1 mG (100 nanoTesla) or less one foot from the monitor.

Don’t give an older computer to a child without first measuring the magnetic fields it produces.

Avoid the use of a sewing machine during pregnancy or balancing a laptop on the abdomen.

Or in your car....

The car stereo is a large source of EMF, even when powered off.

Keep distance form the audio speakers which emit large magnetic fields.

The air conditioning and heating fan generate large magnetic fields.

Most new cars have a satellite communication system and can transmit high levels of RF radiation.

Avoid speaking on a cell phone in the car without an external antenna. The RF waves will be reflected back at you from the metal chassis, doors and roof magnifying the radiation. Also, the cell phone has a hard time sending its signal out of the car because of the metal chassis, and increases its transmitting strength to compensate.

And for the office.....

Measure the Electric and Magnetic Fields that your monitor produces. LCD monitors are not always the best choice. Measuring with approved test equipment is the only way to know for sure. See our approved EMF Meters and Body Voltage Meter for test equipment suggestions. Seek the professional advice of a trained Bau-Biologist for more EMF protection solutions.

Use Shielded AC Power Cords and power bars for all computer or electronic equipment.

Plug your computer and electronic devices into a grounded 3-holed outlet.

Use a radiation-reducing grounded glare guard on computer monitors to reduce EMF radiation.

If possible use a telephone with a cord for the bulk of your calls.

Only use a cellular phone for emergency back-up or with the SLT1 Headset.

Beware of Magnetic and Electric Fields from personal computers, electric typewriters, calculators, desk lamps and measure their strength with an approved Electric and Magnetic Field detector.

Use a manual pencil sharpener rather than an electric one.

There are more tips at http://www.safelivingtechnologies.ca/EMF_Safety_tips.htm this is just a sampling of RF and EF around us.

I went back through this thread and found this - unbelievable (I especially liked the part about trying to stay 10 feet away from the stove when cooking - need very long arms). These kinds of people trying to make money out of people's irrational fears of emr are sickening. I also noted that one of the guest speakers at yesterdays anti smart meter meeting in Penticton was the owner of a consulting company that for a price will come and examine your home for emr and dirty electricity - they sell "dirty electricity" filters and many types of screening products.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

I think these will be great for people not wanting anyone to know if they are bypassing power.The only way to eat is to take it on the plate they serve it on to you.Or not, go green buy solar hot water tanks and roof panels ,burn wood,wind turbines and insulating the heck out of your home.Do it if only to spite them and be able to tell them to remove it and their wire from your house .You don't need it .
We have the technology and capability to neuter the powers that be.
Peace be with you.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Ddub47 wrote:I went back through this thread and found this - unbelievable (I especially liked the part about trying to stay 10 feet away from the stove when cooking - need very long arms). These kinds of people trying to make money out of people's irrational fears of emr are sickening. I also noted that one of the guest speakers at yesterdays anti smart meter meeting in Penticton was the owner of a consulting company that for a price will come and examine your home for emr and dirty electricity - they sell "dirty electricity" filters and many types of screening products.

So according to that junk, don't use anything that runs on electricity. They missed the alternator in the car, which generates AC. My favourite was telling people not to use the bathroom fan, I'm pretty sure having a bathroom with mold in the walls is a lot worse for your health than some EMR.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Well, BC Hydro already upgraded to smart meters.

A) Fortis hasn't
B) if I remember correctly the HST was already "upgraded" too. Hmmmm what happened with that again
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

I think that this is one of the most telling statements about all of the Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists down here in the tropics.

From today's Castanet story about the people in Pentiction and the forum that they attended.

Several times during the presentation, a man who identified himself as a local electrical inspector, debunked what Lander was saying.

His comments were so lengthy that a woman in the crowd asked him to stop talking, and he was later asked to leave.

The people who are against it will not listen to the actual truth when they are told.
They only want to hear what they are saying.

It is time that they be given a candy and told to sit in the corner and be quiet.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”