Verdict and Sentence: Genocide in Canada

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: Verdict and Sentence: Genocide in Canada

Post by BelieveNothing »

ImageImage

What different lives they live.

Strange empires built throughout the generations on this fantastic planet in this profound life... and on and on and on and on it goes....
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Ethnocentric thinking, often justified by 'manifest destiny' has been the cause of untold hundreds of inequalities all throughout human history. It has also enabled many dominated or subjected cultures to eventually become better educated and organized and advance their quality of life. While that has held somewhat true with a small percentage of First Nations people in Canada, the overall effect of the ethnocentrism imposed on the First Nations people across Canada continues to be a disaster in some respects.

Up until the last few years it has been the way the world has almost always operated and in many parts of the world is still the normal response as to what conquered people can expect. I believe that Canada is trying hard, but having difficulty, in trying to be one of the exceptions to the 150,000 year old rule of thumb that dominated civilizations can expect subjugation as a matter of right.

Can all such efforts at racial submersion be termed genocide? Not in my opinion. Not unless you badly skew the definition of genocide to include situations NOT including the willful systematic killing of the minority group which did not happen in Canada.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Donald G wrote:Can all such efforts at racial submersion be termed genocide?

Too many words, not enough action and or accountability.

What happened to the First Nations of this country now speaks for itself, it is an atrocity no matter the word you choose.

I think this thread has run out of fuel.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To BelievenNothing ...

I think the thread ran out of fuel because there has NOT been police genocide in Canada. Laws that were definitely unfair to certain ethnic groups like First Nations, the Japanese and the Chinese but, although not right as judged by Canadians today, far from the actual genocide that occurs in any number of countries right up to modern times.

The mass killing of a group of people has, to my knowledge, NEVER been a part of Canadian history.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Donald G wrote:To BelievenNothing ...

I think the thread ran out of fuel because there has NOT been police genocide in Canada. Laws that were definitely unfair to certain ethnic groups like First Nations, the Japanese and the Chinese but, although not right as judged by Canadians today, far from the actual genocide that occurs in any number of countries right up to modern times.

The mass killing of a group of people has, to my knowledge, NEVER been a part of Canadian history.

What LAWS? The laws that were invented and forced upon a people who's land and families were stolen from them?

Who's land was it to begin with?

Perhaps the first people's had their own laws?

Perhaps these laws were much more humane to all people's, animals and the environment?

Just curious.

You can discuss genocide of other nations in another thread, you know this.

What you say here to me is a waste of yours and my time.

It is clear that to some, what happened to the First Nations People was "genocide", to you what happened to the First Nations people was "unfair".

Quite the gap between the two.

As I continue to state, I disagree with you.

Case Closed.

P.S As an aside, this thread was intended to uncover all of the criminals involved in the genocide of the First Nations peoples, if you will refer to original post you will realize that no one is "picking on" the RCMP as you seem to feel.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org/genocide.pdf

try reading this pdf don g it states the position well
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

why is this thread not in the canada section, this isnt a theory, it is fact it happened here, the term final solution was first used to descibe the native problem in canada, not germany

The term “Final Solution” was not coined by the Nazis, but by Indian Affairs Superintendent Duncan Campbell Scott in April of 1910 when he referred to how he envisioned the “Indian Problem” in Canada being resolved. Scott was describing planned murder when he came up with the expression, since he first used it in response to a concern raised by a west coast Indian Agent about the high level of deaths in the coastal residential schools. On April 12, 1910, Scott wrote:

“It is readily acknowledged that Indian children lose their natural resistance to illness by habitating so closely in these schools, and that they die at a much higher rate than in their villages. But this alone does not justify a change in the policy of this Department, which is geared towards the final solution of our Indian Problem.”
(Department of Indian Affairs Superintendent D.C. Scott to B.C. Indian Agent General Major D. McKay, DIA Archives, RG 10 series).

In 1920, under Scott’s direction, it became mandatory for all native children between the ages of seven and fifteen to attend one of Canada’s Residential Schools. In the 1930’s he brought over German doctors to do medical experiments on our children. According to the study the majority of the lives of these children were extinguished. School children are taught his poetry (‘the Battle of Lundy’s Lane’) with no mention of his role as the butcher of the country’s First Nations people.

“I want to get rid of the Indian problem. I do not think as a matter of fact, that the country ought to continuously protect a class of people who are able to stand alone… Our objective is to continue until there is not a single Indian in Canada that has not been absorbed into the body politic and there is no Indian question, and no Indian Department, that is the whole object of this Bill.” -Duncan Campbell Scott

Between 1920 and 1969, government-sponsored United Catholic Church boarding schools converted ‘savage’ Indian and Eskimo children to Christianity. 10 months of the year the native children were taken away from their families and culture. They were given numbers to identify themselves when they arrived at the schools, severely punished if caught speaking their own indigenous language and never allowed to laugh, to read, to hug or talk of their native heritage, deeply scarring them for life. Now revealed, pedophilia rings, torture, sterilization and experiments at the hands of the nuns and priests were commonplace.

Designed for genocide, many schools had a 50% death rate

mabey the germans got their ideas from canada?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

If you think about it there is very little difference between what you have said and what I have said except;

1) You say we stole the land from the native people. I say that, as has happened hundreds of times throughout our 150,000 year history, European and Asian cultures took possession of the land being used by the natives at the time:

2) You say there was genocide. I say it was a conglomeration of religious and medical ignorance, plus the then prevalent idea of manifest destiny that resulted in the death of so many natives, Europeans, North Americans, South Americans and Asians at that time in history;

3) You base history on the last 12,000 years. I base it on the last 150,000 years of one civilization constantly replacing another and both dealing with the consequences.

4) You say that the Canadians alive today are just as guilty of the "genocide" you speak of as the persons who were actually involved in it at the time; I say that the Canada of today is one of the only countries in the world that has made serious effort to atone for the mass ignorance involved in settling Canada.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im just reporting the facts , which do prove that what happened in germany happened here to, just not on the same scale.

do you believe genocide happened in germany in ww2 don g? i do .

why do you find a difference to what happened in ww2 death camps and what went on in canada?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

That is IMO a completely ridiculous question ... and comparison.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Donald G wrote:To lakevixen ...

That is IMO a completely ridiculous question ... and comparison.

why? just because the natives did not get thrown into a oven it is some how different?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

Why are you making a mockery out of the tragic deaths of SIX MILLION people in a Europe Wide Genocide that lasted for years. Your ignorance in doing so is an insult to those who truly suffered and died of Genocide. IMO either you do not know the definition of Genocide or you are using it to make the Native situation in Canada sound much, much worse than it truly was in reality.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”