UFO Disclosure by Canadian Defense minister

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
TheBank
Fledgling

UFO Disclosure by Canadian Defense minister

Post by TheBank »

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: UFO Disclosure by Canadian Defense minister

Post by maryjane48 »

lol yes im interested to see this debunked to neb? fancy/ goat? ranger? wanna try a stab ?
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

lakevixen wrote:lol yes im interested to see this debunked to neb? fancy/ goat? ranger? wanna try a stab ?

Sure, pretty easy actually. One, he is a former Minister of Defense, 50 years ago.

Secondly, everything he talks about in the video is second hand information he said he had read. he does not specify where any of this information had come from, whether it was official Government information or something from the Internet. he is basically giving his own opinion, based on what he has heard from others. He did not provide ONE piece of verifiable proof that aliens exists, all he does is reference other peoples "opinions".

Nothing earth shattering in that video, just more assumptions and not one shred of hard evidence.

Trust me, I will be the first one to jump up and down if the existence of alien life is ever proven.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

lakevixen wrote:lol yes im interested to see this debunked to neb? fancy/ goat? ranger? wanna try a stab ?

goatboy wrote:Sure, pretty easy actually. One, he is a former Minister of Defense, 50 years ago.

So? You're insinuating he is a fool? A liar? Incompetent? What are your credentials?
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:
So? You're insinuating he is a fool? A liar? Incompetent? What are your credentials?

Why put words in my mouth? I'm not insinuating anything. I'm stating as fact, that he is not the Minister of Defence, he WAS the Minister of Defense, some 50 years ago. I'm stating as a fact that he does not say ANYTHING in the video in regards to him having any personal evidence to the existence of Aliens. I'm stating as a fact that everything he says in the video is his OPINION based on other peoples reports, none of which he actually cites for any verification. I'm stating as a fact that he can believe in anything he wants, but he provides no real evidence in the video, just his opinion. It's not like he said, when I met these Aliens, or when I was Minister of Defense I had access to definitive evidence of Aliens. It was all about what he has come to the conclusion about by reading other peoples evidence.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

So, how is being a Minister of Defense 50 years ago have anything to do with debunking what he has to say? That was reason number one for debunking it, in your own words.

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:So, how is being a Minister of Defense 50 years ago have anything to do with debunking what he has to say? That was reason number one for debunking it, in your own words.

No, it was correcting the assertion that he is the Canadian Defense Minister, which is in the title of the Thread and is being used to bolster his credibility. The fact that he was the Defense Minister 50 years ago but nothing in his presentation comes from the time he WAS the Defense Minister makes his previous position moot and a deliberate misrepresentation of the truth to further this misleading topic.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

OK, so you agree it has nothing to do with debunking what he has to say. It was misleading the way you posted your answer.

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:OK, so you agree it has nothing to do with debunking what he has to say. It was misleading the way you posted your answer.

I can see how it might have been confusing.

Him being a past Defense Minister has nothing to do with either debunking or adding to what he said.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

goatboy wrote:Him being a past Defense Minister has nothing to do with either debunking or adding to what he said.

I would have to disagree there. IMO it would add more credence to his testimony compared to an "average citizen".

-- Plato. 

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Passion4Truth wrote:I would have to disagree there. IMO it would add more credence to his testimony compared to an "average citizen".

Why would it. Nothing he talks about is from when he was a Minister, nothing he talks about is because he was a Minister and nothing he talks about did he know just because he was a Minister. What would make him any more credible when it came to talking about Aliens than you or I?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Debunked! hahaha
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

goatboy wrote:Him being a past Defense Minister has nothing to do with either debunking or adding to what he said.
Passion4Truth wrote:I would have to disagree there. IMO it would add more credence to his testimony compared to an "average citizen".

Just because he was a Defence Minister at one time does not mean he can't be a bit "off" in his thinking.

I know people who 50 years ago were considered fairly intelligent and now aren't capable of feeding themselves or even remember who they are.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

Bsuds wrote:Just because he was a Defence Minister at one time does not mean he can't be a bit "off" in his thinking.

I know people who 50 years ago were considered fairly intelligent and now aren't capable of feeding themselves or even remember who they are.

Do you feel just anyone could occupy that position, or would it take above average intelligence and competency? Not everyone comes down with a cognitive dysfunction disease with old age.

I guess you didn't watch the video if you want to compare him to someone unable to feed themselves.

-- Plato. 

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

No I'm just stating that people can change in 50 years.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”