Enslaved By Smart Technologies in Canada and the World- 2013

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: Enslaved By Smart Technologies in Canada and the World-

Post by BelieveNothing »

BC Hydro and Fortis, if there is evil... it sure is close to home!
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Electro-hypersensitivity Is Real

Recently, the Huffington Post published an article written by Michael Kruse dismissing the health effects of excess exposure to electromagnetic radiation (EMR), titled "The Disease with No Name." While I categorically refute Mr. Kruse's claims about EMR and people who live with electrohypersensitivity (EHS), I believe the bigger issue is that Mr. Kruse neglected to disclose that he is the Chairperson of an organization that produced a report claiming that EMR is not harmful to humans. This presents a clear bias.

I am the CEO of Canadians for Safe Technology (C4ST, formerly Citizens for Safe Technology), and the former president of Microsoft Canada. Mr. Kruse mentioned C4ST in his post, insinuating that our organization - including our spokesperson, Veronica Ciandre - is naïve and ill-educated about our mission. Our mission is clear: We want to ensure that the most accurate information is used by credible and unconflicted scientists to understand and inform Canadians of how exposure to EMR can affect them, and their loved ones. And we want the federal government to ensure that its regulations governing EMR - Safety Code 6 - are safe, and in the best interest of Canadians' health.

Mr. Kruse's article also took issue with the recognition of EHS as a disease with a cause. Kruse cited older - 1996 and 2004 - World Health Organization (WHO) reports supportive of his position, but failed to mention the more recent comments from a globally represented scientific panel that "strongly recommends that persons with electrohypersensitivity (EHS) symptoms be classified as functionally impaired." His failure to have done so grossly misrepresents this panel's position, and misleads readers.

In March 2012, both the Austrian Medical Association and the European Council Parliamentary Assembly recognized EHS, with the former developing treatment guidelines and the latter recommending that "particular attention" be paid to those with EHS. In December 2012, the BioInitiative 2012 Report - published by 29 highly respected health professionals from ten countries - comprehensively reviewed over 1,800 studies in the previous five years, all somehow missed by the author. The report concluded "a growing number of people worldwide have serious and debilitating symptoms that are key to various types of EMF and RFR exposure. Of this there is little doubt."

Ignoring or hiding these findings makes it much more difficult for physicians and other health professionals to understand, diagnose, and treat EHS, and also likely dissuades sufferers from seeking much-needed treatment. The Environmental Health Clinic at Toronto's Women's College Hospital is one of the only such clinics in Canada. Founded in 1996 with funding from the Ontario government, the clinic is part of a joint clinical and research program with the University of Toronto. Here, EHS is being investigated by highly respected physicians and researchers who have competed for, and won, public funding to pursue this very real disease.

When we talk about the consequences of the ever-increasing use of technology, it is not helpful to the debate to deny a problem exists. If there were not a problem, I would not be putting my own reputation as a technology business leader on the line, and I would not be asking C4ST's members to do the same. I would not be asking Canadians to think seriously about EMR exposure and to talk to their doctors if they start experiencing symptoms. I would not be telling everyone possible to minimize EMR exposure by keeping their devices away from their bodies (and stowing them in purses or protective covers) to best protect their long-term health. Simply put, we are using more technology with more electromagnetic radiation than ever before. C4ST is not against the use of technology; we are Canadians for Safe Technology.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/frank-cleg ... 45157.html
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Take Back Your Power, a crowd-source film project, debuts Sept. 5 online.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cybertrut ... s/2637497/
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Published on Aug 6, 2013

Dr. Laura Pressley talks about physiological effects of Smart Meters, both wireless and wired, and what you can do about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhF6C_pB22g
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

I hope the Take Back Your Power documentary is as good as it is purported to be. Would've been nice to have had it released two years ago, at least.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

our self imposed slavery is truly a sad state, and worse, it is unhealthy.

i had read a review of a play that ran at the national theatre of scotland, The Bacchae, and i thought of this thread. the review contains adult language so i will post this summarizing segment only, follow the link for the full idea.

" Do we experience the transmutation of all that is negative in ourselves into total affirmation as Dionysus did?

No, we have never been further from that spirit. Apollo has gone too far."

http://www.nationaltheatrescotland.com/ ... ?page=s313
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:our self imposed slavery is truly a sad state, and worse, it is unhealthy.

i had read a review of a play that ran at the national theatre of scotland, The Bacchae, and i thought of this thread. the review contains adult language so i will post this summarizing segment only, follow the link for the full idea.

" Do we experience the transmutation of all that is negative in ourselves into total affirmation as Dionysus did?

No, we have never been further from that spirit. Apollo has gone too far."

We live in dangerous times, where the majority embrace their betrayers. It's almost like a mass state of the Stockholm Syndrome going on.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

concernie wrote:Cumberland BC fire caused by not so "smart" meter?

ANd many insurance companies will not compensate those whose houses burn down due to smart meters. ANd guess what? Neither will BC Hydro or Fortisbc. Nice, eh? BC Hydro removed the meter at this house before investigators arrived. I believe that's a violation of federal law. Good job, Hydro. Good job, BC Liberals.

More on the Cumberland fire here: http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca/html/?p=6705

Well you might as well post the "rest of the story" too.

Friday, August 9, 2013 - 11:34 AM
By Marc Mulvaney
Cumberland

The Cumberland Fire Department continues their investigation to pinpoint the cause of an early morning blaze on Thursday, that broke out in a home on Bruce Street.

Several residents managed to get out safely, but major damage resulted in the fire.

Some local residents suspect a BC Hydro Smart Meter may have sparked the blaze, although the cause has not been confirmed.

So, that's all it takes for this to become fodder for the anti-smart meter crowd is for some local residents to "suspect" the smart meter may have sparked the blaze?? You seem to have conventiantly neglected the rest of the sentence however.

By Staff Writer - Comox Valley Record
Published: August 14, 2013 2:00 PM
Updated: August 14, 2013 2:07 PM

A Thursday house fire at 2868 Bruce St. in Cumberland appears to have been caused by an electrical short to ground, says fire chief Mike Williamson.

Investigators have ruled out the home's smart meter as the cause, but say the fire originated near the meter and damaged it.

While damage was extensive, Williamson said the house can be repaired.

"I believe this was because of the neighbours' awareness and fast action to noises," he said, noting a 911 call resulted in a quick response by firefighters.

The blaze was contained to the attic space which was ventilated due to roof vents burning off. The fire burned a "great access hole in the gable end," Williamson said.

Neighbours alerted the residents of the house who escaped without injury. Firefighters removed two pet dogs that were hiding under a couch.

Most of the family belongings were recovered.

The investigation is ongoing.

Williamson said attic fires can be devastating because they contain no fire protection.

"It's very dry wood and tar roof and this time of year extremely hot and dry."

Smoke alarms are under drywall which gives some fire protection and insulation, so fires can burn for some time before residents are alerted. Attic fires can also affect wiring in smoke alarms.

Williamson recommends wired smoke alarms with battery backup, or a battery smoke alarm as backup.

Attic fires are dangerous to firefighters because roof trusses quickly become weak.

So, let me guess, the fact that the smart meter has been ruled out by the fire investigators as the cause of the fire will be dismissed by the anti-smart meter crowd because they are obviously in on the cover up?
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario votes to study health effects from Wifi.....since Health Canada refuses to.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/201 ... e-ban.html

And no, Health Canada's studies are useless when it comes to WiFi because they do not address non-thermal radiation.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:our self imposed slavery is truly a sad state, and worse, it is unhealthy.

No, we have never been further from that spirit. Apollo has gone too far.

Good article

"All hail the God of Chaos."

concernie wrote:It's almost like a mass state of the Stockholm Syndrome going on.

I agree
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

concernie wrote:I hope the Take Back Your Power documentary is as good as it is purported to be. Would've been nice to have had it released two years ago, at least.

I agree...

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”