Apple admits ‘iPhone 5 Fingerprint Database Shared With NSA'

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
concernie
Board Meister

Apple admits ‘iPhone 5 Fingerprint Database Shared With NSA'

Post by concernie »

ow-a-days, Apple is famous in the markets because its new iPhone 5S has a Fingerprint Sensor (Touch ID) as a security feature—everyone is getting amazed with that feature and eager to use. That Fingerprint scanner has been hacked already by German Hackers group ‘CCC’ but one more thing to concern about that—’will Apple share that Fingerprint database with NSA’ and the answer is YES. Tim Richardson, District Manager of Apple’s North America Marketing Department admits about the sharing of Database with NSA, he said to Jane M. Agni (A freelance writer in nationalreport.net.):

Absolutely the databases will be merged. This whole ‘fingerprint scan’ idea originated from someone in our Government. They just didn't expect to be outed by Snowden, you know.”

NSA and FBI have been compiling a special database for over a year now to use with the new Apple technology. Fingerprints from all over the nation. Cold cases. Fugitives of the law. Missing persons, Richardson added.

When Mr. Richardson asked for a response to individual’s concerns about privacy, he told:

“Frankly, if a person is foolish enough to allow something as specific and criminally implicit as their fingerprints to be cataloged by faceless corporations and Government officials… Well, you can’t exactly blame us for capitalizing upon it, can you? Personally, I believe this effort will support a greater good. Some of the folks they’re hoping to apprehend are quite dangerous. Besides, it’s not like this is covered in the Constitution.”

If we talk about the constitution as Richardson added above, Apple and the NSA may be completely within their rights to use information volunteered by its customers but it is a Bitter Truth for some of the users. One of the user told Jane—That’s not America and that’s not freedom…” but the user also stated, “I’m old. I’m not good at remembering passwords.” “I like the idea of easily being able to unlock my Apple device with a fingerprint. But I also shouldn’t have to worry about being tied to a string of murders I commuted in the 70′s… We also want to hear from you on this new technology discovered by Apple, comment below.

Source: http://hackersnewsbulletin.com/2013/09/ ... PqJvT.dpuf
concernie
Board Meister

Re: Apple admits ‘iPhone 5 Fingerprint Database Shared With

Post by concernie »

And under the North American Security Perimeter, that means Canada would surrender its data to the NSA.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

So I guess if you are an Apple Fanboy you might have a concern. I'm not so don't much care other than if they catch a few "Perps" then that's a good thing. I doubt they will.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

So basically, the NSA has access to the fingerprint tied to your name. Excellent......That's why one should buy Blackberry. My Z10 blows the iphone out of the water.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

Static wrote:So basically, the NSA has access to the fingerprint tied to your name. Excellent......That's why one should buy Blackberry. My Z10 blows the iphone out of the water.

It seems likely that iPhone is setting a precedent and thumb-scanning will be the standard security parameter in the very near future.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Static wrote:So basically, the NSA has access to the fingerprint tied to your name. Excellent......That's why one should buy Blackberry. My Z10 blows the iphone out of the water.

And you think blackberry doesn't have the potential to collect personal info? Haha
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Nothing new here HP number of years ago had it.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... =c00958213

Since I have absolutely no interest in having or owning a smartphone from anyone.
Have at her fingerprint every new Apple phone owner.

Added later: http://digitalhomescape.wordpress.com/2 ... er-option/
Last edited by GordonH on Sep 25th, 2013, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

skydawg wrote:And you think blackberry doesn't have the potential to collect personal info? Haha

Yes, under the North American Security Perimeter, basically any information gathered in Canada is likely to be shared with the NSA and the NSA's conspirators...er...collaborators.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

The print scan on the iphone 5 is not mandatory so people do have a choice.
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

skydawg wrote:The print scan on the iphone 5 is not mandatory so people do have a choice.

For now, yes, but it's pretty obvious that this is a form of conditioning, getting us used to the idea.

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I had a fingerprint reader attached to a microsoft mouse 10 years ago. No one needs a finger print reader anyway heh. Most people put a lock on thier phone to prevent pocket dialing more than anything else.
zensiert
Board Meister

Post by zensiert »

This would actually be an issue if Apple's fingerprint sensor wasn't so ridiculously easy to hack.

Worried about being identified by the authorities? No problem, just ask for a friend or family member to have the phone registered under their name, and then create a latex finger sock with their print on it to unlock your phone.

Better yet, if we set up a centralized database of cloned fingerprints (it would be even more ironic if we used the fingerprints of known dead people), then there would be decent security on the phone (you would need to have the correct cloned fingerprint from among hundreds if not thousands) yet the NSA would have no clue as to your true fingerprint.
I am insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

I'm still running on 5.1.1 :)
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Me too!
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

This isn't real. Look at the source (hackernewsbulletin.com). Look at the fact that no other major/reputable news agency is reporting this. Also, there's no way a current employee at that level in Apple would make comments like this (plus after a little searching, it appears that position doesn't even exist at Apple).

Also keep in mind that the fingerprint data is stored on the device and is never uploaded to Apple. And a supposed Apple employee would know this.

This isn't even a good try at fabricating a story.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”