Ebola

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
eMeM
Übergod

Ebola

Post by eMeM »

Okay kids,
We know it's out there. It's been around a long time. Every once in a while we hear about an Ebola outbreak in Africa
And as tragic as it is for the peoples effected, it doesn't effect us. This time it's different. The potential for a grand scale pandemic is here. The medical professionals say it's out if control. The beurocrats in the WHO are concerned. They're projecting something like 1.5 Million cases by January.
Here I sit in my (somewhat) sheltered part of the world thankful that it's not our problem. It's "over there" "WAY over there"...
Yet, they're sending infected people back to North America for treatment. They're sending troupes to affected areas - to do what exactly, we don't know - but it's safe to assume those troupes are expected to come home at some point...
And now the latest headline is that the US has a confirmed Ebola patient being isolated and treated in a US hospital.
Okay, okay, let's get to the tinfoil hat, conspiracy stuff, right? That's what we're here for after all...
Okay, I'm not providing links. Sorry, I'm more than half drunk Nd maybe I'll get around to it but here we go:
1) the US has a PATENT on the Ebola virus? For real? Yikes!
2) they're fast tracking an experimental vaccine developed in Winnipeg (yay!, right?) except the folks in Winnipeg got started about 6 weeks before all hell broke loose in west Africa. Coinkidink?
Aaaaand since we're in the conspiracy forum maybe someone else would like to add links to proven, documented cases where the USA thru their DoD has unclassified info regarding development of biological weapons and experimentation of such atrocities. It's all there. It would take me hours to search, link, copy and paste the relevant info but perhaps some others have some links handy that they'd like to share.
I don't post often but I read regularly.
Jo, it's been suggested that we open this up so people can at least read what's discussed here. You've dealt with the bs here and I don't envy you're position but... If you're taking. Head count you can chalk me up under "let them read it". Regardless of your personal opinion there are people out there that would like to see what happens here. For the most part it's quiet - just a few people adding to topics or (rarely) starting new topics. I don't think there's any harm letting people read what's here. We are well aware what the issues where previously and correct me if I'm wrong, but now that posting is limited the bs is limited too. So let others read. Where they go from there is up to them.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ebola

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

so good to be in the light once again :)

ebola patent http://www.google.com/patents/US20120251502

winnipeg, close, but burnaby is closer. how big of a part will british columbians play in the evolution of ebola i wonder.

those who speculate, could have doubled once, then quadrupled one's investment this year had they dabbled in tekmira.

http://www.tekmira.com/

and more money pouring in on today's report on clinical trials and approval.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tekmir ... 2014-10-01

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01518881

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02041715

given that the usa dod owns all permutations and combinations of the ebola, dead or alive, will we ever see any dna data to back up the claim of multiple mutations occurring 'in the wild' in africa?

for that matter will we ever see test results verifying that these thousands of people died from ebola, let alone multiple variations?

it makes sense that multiple contagions would have been seeded if indeed the current 'outbreak' is a result of aerosolized disbursement.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

it seems odd that the media keeps reporting that the patient in dallas, tx, traveled from liberia to texas, when more accurately, he traveled from liberia to arrive in washington, dc.

i would think people, especially in the usa or anywhere in the americas, would be very interested in knowing that he landed in dc, then traveled across the usa to dallas.

why would the media misrepresent his travels so i wonder.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

the details of mr. duncans travels.

After United Continental Holdings Inc. UAL +1.45% learned that a Liberian national now hospitalized with Ebola in Dallas had traveled on two United flights on Sept. 20, the airline said it immediately began trying to contact the “several hundred” other passengers on the two flights.

United said it was providing those customers with contact information for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, should they have questions or concerns, while also telling them the CDC has said there is “zero risk of transmission” of the often deadly virus on the flights.

The hospitalized Liberian, Thomas Eric Duncan, is believed to have flown the first leg of his journey from Monrovia to Brussels on a European airline. He then boarded United Flight 951 in Brussels and flew to Washington’s Dulles International Airport, where he transferred to United Flight 822 and continued on to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

Mr. Duncan developed symptoms of the disease on Sept. 24 and went to a hospital emergency room, but doctors didn’t make the connection. He returned to the hospital in an ambulance on Sept. 28 and now is in isolation in serious condition. Some 100 people are being screened for potential exposure for Ebola after possibly coming into contact with Mr. Duncan after he arrived in Texas, federal health officials said.

United, the nation’s No. 2 airline by traffic, declined to say if it has heard from customers on the two Sept. 20 flights, or disclose the nature of any inquiries or conversations it may have had with them. It also wouldn’t comment on how many passengers have been contacted.

The Chicago-based airline also said it has communicated with the crews who staffed those specific flights, and all of its other employees. The company said it is in close contact with the CDC.

The two planes used on the Sept. 20 flights, a Boeing Co. BA -0.40% 777 and an Airbus Group EADSY -1.56% NV A320, received their regular overnight cleanings at the end of that day and are back in service, United said. The carrier continues to operate its flights from Brussels to the U.S. as well as its flights from Houston to Lagos, Nigeria, its sole direct service to Africa.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/ebola-sc ... 1412282415
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

it would seem 'the canadian government' does not recognize the usa'a patent, either that or this experimental vaccine would contain no ebola dna.

Becker said he couldn’t understand the delays in getting the vaccine to clinical trials, especially since the Canadian government donated up to 1,000 doses of the experimental inoculation to the World Health Organization more than six weeks ago.

"I have the feeling this VSV vaccine is an ideal vaccine for an emergency because the time from vaccination until you get protection was very short in the animal model, the non-human primate, and this is exactly what you need in an emergency," he said.

"Moreover, even after the infection, it was possible in the non-human primate studies to give protection. This is really good," he added. "Therefore, I thought that this vaccine is very good and we shouldn't miss the opportunity it gives to us."

CBC News has asked for a copy of the contract selling the licence to commercialize the vaccine to NewLink Genetics, but the Public Health Agency of Canada has refused, saying the documents are protected because they contain proprietary business information.

"The Canadian government owns the intellectual property associated with the VSV-EBOV vaccine and has licensed the rights to NewLink Genetics through its wholly owned subsidiary BioProtection Systems to further develop the product for use in humans," a spokesperson at the Public Health Agency of Canada wrote in an email.

"The Canadian government holds the patent for this vaccine and has licensed the rights to NewLink Genetics through its wholly owned subsidiary BioProtection Systems to commercialize the product. The agency retained rights related to research and emergency response."

NewLink Genetics says clinical trials were developed with experts at the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Department of Defence, the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, as well as European counterparts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.2787210
T.Tsarnaev
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

When I read comments under this story run on CNN MOST Americans and Canadians are posting things like this:

Why aren't the borders closed?
Why are planes from those countries allowed to land here?
Why aren't there more quarantine facilities popping up?
Why bring Americans here to be treated, why not do it THERE?

and then there are a lot of comments like this,

"It's the new population control, cancer is proving to be too slow."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/r ... r_10012014

A public tweet from a large government supplier of emergency response products specializing in “high risk events” says that Disaster Assistance Response Teams were told to prepare to be activated in the month of October. The shocking revelation, made on the Goldenstate...
Last edited by eMeM on Oct 3rd, 2014, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

http://www.infowars.com/paramedic-in-da ... or-2-days/

Two days patients and medics rode around in that ambulance.

It's mind boggling how badly this entire situation has been handled.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TKMR) traded up 15.94% on Friday, hitting $29.53. The stock had a trading volume of 17,480,660 shares. Tekmira Pharmaceuticals has a one year low of $7.17 and a one year high of $31.48. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $20.20 and its 200-day moving average is $16.0.

Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a biopharmaceutical company focused on advancing ribonucleic acid (NASDAQ:TKMR) interference (RNAi) therapeutics and providing its lipid nanoparticle (LNP) delivery technology to pharmaceutical partners.

http://www.intercooleronline.com/stocks ... kmr/96550/
T.Tsarnaev
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ahhh yes, someone always has to "win."

I wonder WHO owns the vast majority of those stocks?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

eMeM wrote:http://www.infowars.com/paramedic-in-dallas-slams-health-officials-was-not-informed-of-patients-ebola-diagnosis-drove-around-contaminated-ambulance-for-2-days/

Two days patients and medics rode around in that ambulance.

It's mind boggling how badly this entire situation has been handled.

every thing that they could of done wrong thay have, that's the scary part, you almost have to believe its been intentional
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:
ebola patent http://www.google.com/patents

given that the usa dod owns all permutations and combinations of the ebola ...

Is that a factual statement about the usa dod ownership of Ebola?

My read on the patent indicates it is owned by the usa dept of health & was acquired back in 2007, which I think corresponds with the start of the outbreak.

Patenting the virus seems a logical thing for the usa to do in anticipation of preventing bioterrorism.

(or perhaps in anticipation of being in control of bioterrorism, depending on how you choose to look at it...)
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:it seems odd that the media keeps reporting that the patient in dallas, tx, traveled from liberia to texas, when more accurately, he traveled from liberia to arrive in washington, dc.

i would think people, especially in the usa or anywhere in the americas, would be very interested in knowing that he landed in dc, then traveled across the usa to dallas.

why would the media misrepresent his travels so i wonder.

Maybe Because he did travel from Liberia to Dallas? Or is doing a stop over a big conspiracy as well?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Don't know about conspiracies, but a microbiologist friend of mine says that ebola, tho' scary is not all that big a threat.
Says that it is too quick and too deadly.
What that means is that it kills its hosts too quickly, to allow itself enough time to replicate itself, in sufficient numbers to kill us all off. In other words, it does not give its hosts enough time to spread the disease far and wide before they die.
We're lost but we're making good time.
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

Nibs wrote:Don't know about conspiracies, but a microbiologist friend of mine says that ebola, tho' scary is not all that big a threat.
Says that it is too quick and too deadly.
What that means is that it kills its hosts too quickly, to allow itself enough time to replicate itself, in sufficient numbers to kill us all off. In other words, it does not give its hosts enough time to spread the disease far and wide before they die.

While that's true of some strains it may not be true of others. The fact that incubation periods range anywhere from 2-21 days is of concern. Also of concern is exactly when a person becomes contagious. From what I've read it isn't transmissible until the host shows symptoms which is a good thing. If people were contagious during the incubation period this would be really bad. That said, even if a person is infectious only while symptomatic that still leaves plenty of time for exposure. This virus does kill quick but not quick enough IMO. Several days of coughing up blood, vomiting and defecating all over the place is a great way to spread the disease. Especially when trained hospital staff that should know better just let sick people back out into the community.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”