Ebola

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: Ebola

Post by vinnied »

Good to see the conspiracy forum open to the public again.

Not sure if this outbreak is the work of a conspiracy or not, but what I am sure of is its definitely different this time around. My guess is its airborne. And its even more contagious after death.
Here's an Interesting fact. 13 women contracted Ebola after attending a funeral of one of the first Ebola victims this year.

WHO has brought the number of deaths to over 4000. However there only counting the deaths that they see at treatment centers, and what not. No one knows the actual toll of how many have died and laying in there homes.
Like any other pandemic in the past, this will most likely run rapid for a while and eventually die off as fast as it started. Unfortunately though all of us wont get to see the end of it.
We all heard of the spanish flu. Affected 1/3 of the worlds population on every coninent, lasted 18 months then just vanished.
Personally I think this generation has just been lucky thus far, There's been pandemics for ever. Its mother natures very own way of population control.
And you all thought the Illuminati were bad *bleep*
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they say its not airborn ,but is in saliva, if i have ebola and have a good hard sneeze,and all that saliva comes flying out of my nose and mouth is that not then airborn????
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

the truth wrote:they say its not airborn ,but is in saliva, if i have ebola and have a good hard sneeze,and all that saliva comes flying out of my nose and mouth is that not then airborn????

Only for about the first 3 feet or so depending how hard the sneeze was, until all the particulates hit the ground. That's why I think this time its different. The Ebola virus mutates every time it changes hosts. How many times does it have to mutate before theres a chance of it becoming air-born?? Who's running the tests on all the dead bodies to see if made that change? No-one, they get rid of the bodies as fast as they find them. In-fact there collecting bodies so fast , there assuming people that have died from any other illness have died from Ebola. And not allowing them there normal burial rituals.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

vinnied wrote:And not allowing them there normal burial rituals.

It's their normal burial rituals that spreads the disease!

Do you want to take that chance?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Do I want to take that chance? What do you think I'm saying they should let them have there normal rituals? cause I'm not.
Did you know that the ebola virus mutates every time it finds a new host? Has it mutated to become air-born? Is any one checking? How did the first few people that died transfer it to others at their funeral?? This was never a problem in other outbreaks.
There lying to us thats how. Just like the doctors aid in Spain. She had no idea how she could have contracted it. When people started panicking, all of a sudden she remembers touching her face with her glove. I call BS.
Oh look another one.

Ebola test on Texas health-care worker comes back positive

Worker diagnosed with virus in preliminary test, despite wearing full protective gear
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ebola-test ... -1.2796433
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Daaam,not good
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

On a positive note though, I think they're probably right, it cant be transmitted till symptoms start to appear, or close to it.
On a second positive note, it only kills a little over half its hosts, and that's in West Africa. Hopefully our immune systems are a bit stronger then those of the folks in a third world country and, not if, but when it does get out of hand here in North America, not as many people will succumb to the virus.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I just found this on BBC and it's the best, most concise explanation yet on Ebola.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26835233
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

here is some good info on the experimental vaccines/treatments that are in development. as one can see, tekmira and leafbio are proposing solutions which would be acceptable to a much larger segment of society.

Glaxo SmithKline (GSK) and NIAID are jointly developing their ChAd3 vector for delivering the Ebola virus gene using HEK-293 (human embryonic kidney) cells. Likewise, NewLink Genetics of Iowa used HEK-293 cells for their VSV-EBOV Ebola vaccine in Canada, while Johnson and Johnson/Crucell developed theirs using PER C6 cells, derived from retinal tissue of an 18 week gestation aborted baby.

“There is absolutely no reason to use aborted fetal cell lines,” stated Debi Vinnedge, Director of Children of God for Life. “At least two other Ebola vaccines in development by the University of Texas and GeoVax are using either Vero cells or chicken eggs. Likewise, there are therapeutic products such as ZMapp (LeafBio) and TKM-Ebola (Tekmira) that are using plant or Vero cells.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/10/15/pro- ... ed-babies/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:here is some good info on the experimental vaccines/treatments that are in development. as one can see, tekmira and leafbio are proposing solutions which would be acceptable to a much larger segment of society.

Pretty sure the segment of society that has Ebola doesn't care how the treatment was derived.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i believe the faithful would their stick to faith even if stricken.

since there is obviously a money aspect to this 'outbreak', lets look at another side of that.

AUTHOR
Charles N. Haas
ABSTRACT

Background:
21 days has been regarded as the appropriate quarantine period for holding individuals potentially exposed to Ebola Virus (EV) to reduce risk of contagion. There does not appear to be a systematic discussion of the basis for this period.

Methods:
The prior estimates for incubation time to EV were examined, along with data on the first 9 months of the current outbreak. These provided estimates of the distribution of incubation times.

Results:
A 21 day period for quarantine may result in the release of individuals with a 0.2 – 12% risk of release prior to full opportunity for the incubation to proceed. It is suggested that a detailed cost-benefit assessment, including considering full transmission risks, needs to occur in order to determine the appropriate quarantine period for potentially exposed individuals.

http://currents.plos.org/outbreaks/arti ... ola-virus/

follow the link for the full article and graphic explanation of the above text.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

21 days later...

Liberia minister in quarantine after driver dies of Ebola
AFP | Monrovia October 17, 2014

A Liberian minister said today she had gone into quarantine voluntarily after her driver died of the Ebola virus sweeping west Africa.

Liberia has been the hardest hit by the epidemic, with 2,458 deaths out of 4,249 cases, according to World Health Organization figures. The disease has claimed nearly 4,500 lives overall in west Africa.

Transport Minister Angela Cassell-Bush said she had quarantined herself after her personal driver became sick.

"I did not have any direct contact with him but I am doing it by precaution," she said in a statement, adding that she would stay away from work for 21 days under agreed protocols.

It was not immediately known when her driver died.

Liberia's chief medical officer, Bernice Dahn, meanwhile said she had returned to work on Monday after being placed in quarantine for 21 days following the death of her deputy last month.

more at http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 053_1.html
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

biofire is a privately held corporation, and it looks like with a little help from the FDA they stand to make some serious sales.

The Dallas hospital that sent home Thomas Eric Duncan the first time he showed up at the emergency room has a machine that could have detected Ebola in less than an hour - but doctors were barred from using it because of federal regulations.

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has treated three Ebola patients - Duncan, who died last week, and two of its own nurses who contracted the disease from Duncan. In each case, the hospital had to wait up to two days for confirmation that that patients were infected with the virus.

The Associated Press has also reported the medical records reveal nurses didn't wear full protective gear while treating Duncan for two days while they awaited the results of his Ebola test.

However, military news site Defense One reports that doctors could have simply turned on a toaster-sized device called the Film Array and gotten a diagnosis within minutes.

US military doctors sent to West Africa to combat the disease are already using the Film Array, which has more than 90percent accuracy, according to Defense One.

The device costs $39,000 - a pittance by the standards of medical devices in hospitals - and was developed by Utah-based BioFire Diagnostics to test the genetic markers of a slew of gastrointestinal and respiratory viruses. It can use blood or saliva samples and it's proven adept at quickly detecting Ebola, as well.

Presbyterian Hospital acquired one two years ago, though it has been prohibited from using the device to diagnose patients because the Food and Drug Administration had approved it only for research use - and not for testing Ebola.

This, despite the fact that BioFire Diagnostics has received a $240million grant from the Defense Department's Joint Program Office for Chemical and Biological Defense to hone the device to detect Ebola and other deadly pathogens.

The FDA has now approved the device for Ebola screening for research and has allowed hospitals to buy the necessary modifications to allowed their Film Array systems to detect the virus.

Defense One also points out that the device could even be deployed at airports to screen travelers from West Africa.
With results in less than an hour, the Film Array could provide accurate tests to keep patients sick with Ebola out of the US. Currently, some airports are using temperature screening to check if travelers have a fever. Health experts have warned that taking a simple fever reducer could allow infected travelers to slip through security.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... roved.html
T.Tsarnaev
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Fox News puts the Ebola scare to bed in just 4 minutes:

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/10/15/69 ... h-fox-news
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

the one thing he seems to be trying to emphasize is 'if a person is not showing symptoms they are not contagious/dangerous', which we know is a complete lie.

last week recall, the who finally put out the warning to use condoms, and the data shows that the virus is still present in semen months after infection and 'recovery'.

to reinforce the importance of that fact livescience and other sources published std data for the usa.

Hidden STD Epidemic: 110 Million Infections in the US
By Bahar Gholipour, Staff Writer | October 06, 2014

Infectious diseases seem to come and go, sometimes causing scary outbreaks, while other times seeming to disappear. But some infectious pathogens are always with us, lurking just below the surface of society.

Sexually transmitted diseases are one major group of diseases that make for ongoing hidden epidemics: In the United States alone, there are nearly 20 million cases of new sexually transmitted infections yearly, from just eight viruses and bacteria, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

http://www.livescience.com/48100-sexual ... s-map.html

follow the link for some good graphic information and the rest of the article.
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”