Welcome to Canada's martial law

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: Welcome to Canada's martial law

Post by BelieveNothing »

Donald G wrote:To Believe Nothing ...

And this has WHAT to do with what took place in Canada that has a completely different system of providing police services to the community.

I heard that the Czar had some pretty unacceptable police officers too. Does that count ?

Time for a bit of reality.

This article is about a Toronto police board chairman.

As far as I know, Toronto is in Canada.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To BelieveNothing ...

You are right. My original post modified accordingly.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

this is so blatantly martial law. the 'road check' was martial law, the 24 hour 'lockdown' of the hwy was martial law.

After the shooting, Mounties closed the busy Trans-Canada Highway for hours.

"Specifically, I want to thank those motorists who patiently waited along the highway for investigators to process the scene. I can assure you that your safety was an absolute priority for us while we investigated," said Watson.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#178238

and i will say this now, i believe the rcmp killing of greg matters on september 10th 2012, the first day of operations for the the iio, was no coincidence.

the case of john buehler and his daughter being shot in 2014 that rcmp have claimed was a response to being fired at by the suspects/targets/victims, the iio has said the two did not fire, at all.

the case of peter degroot, executed by rcmp two years ago today, the rcmp have said he fired upon them 4 days earlier, but fail to tell us what is known, the rcmp were firing on him, first. any shots by peter, if there were any, were certainly in warning and/or self defense.

the iio four years in is taking over two years to report on the most heinous and cruel actions of rcmp, they are under equipped to execute their mandate, and the rcmp know this so very well.

i believe this extremely complex incident resulting in the death of sheldon thunderblanket was a deliberate statement by the rcmp and other involved enforcement bodies to bury the iio by means of overwhelming their resources and functional capacity and capability.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i believe this extremely complex incident resulting in the death of sheldon thunderblanket was a deliberate statement by the rcmp and other involved enforcement bodies to bury the iio by means of overwhelming their resources and functional capacity and capability.
Good grief - no wonder this is in the conspiracy forum. It wasn't the RCMP's choice to have your so-called "extremely complex incident" unfold. Thunderblanket slaughtered someone and what would you expect police forces to do? Keep in mind the third party information required that is hindering the iio - doesn't sound like it's the RCMP's fault at all.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

who chose what to say when and to whom thru the whole incident in revelstoke?

in this thread here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69304&start=30#p2081821

we learned that rcmp had employed a thompson reuters company to manage/protect/defend their brand.

there were similar irregularities in news coverage for that issue as there are for the thunderblanket killing.

see here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69490&start=30#p2085865

thunderblanket provided the opportunity, and rcmp executed their op, with support of at least a few local/provincial enforcement entities and very noticeably by markmonitor in that the disinformation dissemination was surreally effective and nearly overwhelmingly encompassing.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:who chose what to say when and to whom thru the whole incident in revelstoke?
That would be a question to ask the officer in charge of releasing information through press releases. And all that information has to be checked for accuracy and of course all that takes time. This incident happened fairly quickly in the grand scheme of life.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

posted Sep 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Re: Outgoing head of B.C.’s civilian-led police watchdog asks for more support.

Former Independent Investigations Office Director Richard Rosenthal suggests B.C. abolish the Independent Investigations Office (IIO) ban on hiring people who’ve been B.C. police officers within the last five years.

The strong bond of cop culture, however, might make that a risky proposition.

Rosenthal could have made a stronger pitch for resources to overcome the appalling delays in IIO investigations, which might result from uncooperative police forensics labs.

http://www.surreyleader.com/opinion/let ... 55851.html

But Rosenthal deserves credit for publicizing detailed accounts of investigations.

That contrasts with B.C.’s Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner, which releases only brief, vague information about selected cases.

This shows an obvious lack of transparency.

Unlike Rosenthal, Office of Police Complaints Commission (OPCC) boss Stan Lowe doesn’t advocate for better police accountability.

Neither do Lowe’s supporters, the B.C. Civil Liberties Association and the Pivot Legal Society.

That makes Rosenthal B.C.’s most prominent advocate for police accountability.

The danger is that he’ll be replaced by a police lapdog, like those who’ve run the OPCC.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A lot of speculation there - from a comment in that article it sounds like Rosenthal was part of the problem.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

....In response to A_Britishcolumbian....."who chose what to say... thru the incident in Revelstoke ?

Fancy wrote:That would be a question to ask the officer in charge of releasing information through press releases. And all that information has to be checked for accuracy and of course all that takes time. This incident happened fairly quickly in the grand scheme of life.

While I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory, what the heck happened with the accuracy of information on this event ???

We have news outlets stating that the events near the weigh scales at Donald began with a "routine traffic stop".

Either the media are making up their own version of events, or someone is providing them with incorrect information.

Since many outlets reported the basic same "incorrect" version of events, it leaves one to strongly suspect there was one source of the incorrect information.

A "routine traffic stop" is a LONG way from a "roadblock" or "road check". "After shooting the member, the suspect drove off", is a LONG way from the suspect running to the opposite side of the roadway and commandeering another vehicle at gun point.

Police, especially the RCMP, have developed an environment ? A climate ? that "they are the RCMP, so what they have done or are doing is the right thing and the public have absolutely no right to question it. That goes doubly for the media, who merely regurgitate information provided by the police.

I think some are mistaking incompetence for conspiracy.

When one of these "events" occur, the holding of motorists for an extended time on the Trans Canada Highway, the searching of homes and seizure of weapons in High River,,,, the list goes on. The media reports the incident as stated by the RCMP and don't question their actions, our political representatives remain silent.

When things really go off the rails and the actions can't be ignored (to some extent that happened in High River) an investigation is undertaken, that generally takes an inordinate length of time, leaving the message to the public that the RCMP can act with impunity. When the dust settles, "well, yes, perhaps the RCMP didn't quite do things correctly, but .... Nobody is held accountable, nothing changes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-wa ... -1.2954483

The incident at Donald is a classic. I would STONGLY suspect that if an accurate account of all the events was release it would be quite apparent that the RCMP put the public at risk by handling the stopping of the murder suspect the way that they did. The RCMP acted irresponsibly and inappropriately in holding East bound vehicles overnight on the Trans Canada Highway, when in fact the suspect had fled West bound.

Fancy wrote:A lot of speculation there - from a comment in that article it sounds like Rosenthal was part of the problem.

You've certainly hit the nail on the head on this one. Time will tell if the replacement of Rosenthal will change the dynamics of the IIO.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

recognize that the post here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=69512

relates accordingly with our thunderblanket incident via the infotech service that came to be recently and it seems the rcmp quickly thereafter utilized, as we discovered here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69304&start=30
and thomson reuters divested of since, is being used still/again.

from oct 4th

Thomson Reuters has completed the sale of its Intellectual Property & Science business to Onex and Baring Private Equity Asia for $3.55 billion.
The sale, which was announced on 3 October, includes Thomson Reuters’s well-known brands Web of Science, Cortellis, Thomson Innovation, Derwent Patents Index, Thomson CompuMark, MarkMonitor, Thomson IP Manager and Tech Street, among others.

http://www.ipprotheinternet.com/ipproth ... le_id=5100

What does ONEX get for $3.6 billion?

It gets a company that generated US$313 million in EBITDA in 2015 from US$1 billion in revenue. Although the IP&S business saw limited revenue growth in 2015–up 1% year over year, excluding currency–it did manage to grow subscription-based revenues by 3% to US$780 million thanks to the success of its Mark Monitor brand protection solutions along with its Web of Science research subscriptions.

http://www.fool.ca/2016/10/06/onex-corp ... nalytical/

As it turns out, Clarivate Analytics is the new name for Thomson Reuters’ former Intellectual Property and Science Business, which it sold to private equity firms Onex and Baring Asia.

On Friday I pointed out Onex being included in a couple of the domain names, so perhaps I should have connected the dots a bit more.

The company has continued to register domain names for the business including many ccTLDs and typos such as Clarevate.com, Clairivate.com and Claryvate.com.

http://domainnamewire.com/2016/10/04/ma ... analytics/

markmonitor employs memetics. http://gmpg.org/
T.Tsarnaev
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

^^^^^^^^
Why do you think that the original "fake/false" story that was written by "Leroy" has any connection to the RCMP? That connection seems very thin at best and highly unlikely. To me it just seemed like a click bait article compiled from numerous existing news articles.
Omar nuttall

Re: Welcome to Canada's Martial law

Post by Omar nuttall »

Piecemaker wrote:The person doing the shooting may also be a risk to others in the community. If a shoot-out occurs, would you be OK with a parent and a couple of kids on their way home from school being shot?! BTW, a member of the RCMP is just as significant and valuable to their family as your loved ones are to you! RCMP members should be able to be as safe at work as possible. If Martial Law helps that, than so be it.

I think what he meant was that telling people to stay indoors for their own safety is one thing, declaring martial law is another. He's right, they never declare martial law when one of us is shot at. The only other time I have ever even heard of them declaring martial law, was during the penticton riot about 25 years ago. Also, i think the mayor has to declare it, not the cops, but i may be wrong.

Edit (im sorry, i didnt notice the date on this post)

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”