Negative social impact of conspiracy theories?

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
LordEd
Guru

Re: Negative social impact of conspiracy theories?

Post by LordEd »

Thinktank wrote:There's no such thing as a conspiracy theory subscriber.
Would you prefer 'conspiracy minded' or 'conspiracy sheep'? It doesn't matter though. Its a generalization. I can use either term around here and communicates exactly what I intend to the intended audience.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Wait wait;
All generalizations are false................. including this one.
We're lost but we're making good time.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

You can fool some of the people all the time, and you can fool all the people some of the time . The rest of the time people will use their preconceived notions to fool themselves
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

sanfish wrote:You can fool some of the people all the time, and you can fool all the people some of the time . The rest of the time people will use their preconceived notions to fool themselves

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... ris-mooney
Head-on attempts to persuade can sometimes trigger a backfire effect, where people not only fail to change their minds when confronted with the facts—they may hold their wrong views more tenaciously than ever.

Vaccine denial has all the hallmarks of a belief system that's not amenable to refutation. Over the past decade, the assertion that childhood vaccines are driving autism rates has been undermined by multiple epidemiological studies—as well as the simple fact that autism rates continue to rise, even though the alleged offending agent in vaccines (a mercury-based preservative called thimerosal) has long since been removed.

Yet the true believers persist—critiquing each new study that challenges their views, and even rallying to the defense of vaccine-autism researcher Andrew Wakefield, after his 1998 Lancet paper—which originated the current vaccine scare—was retracted and he subsequently lost his license (PDF) to practice medicine.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

^^^^^^^^ you neglect to take into account a few things.

1. There are risks that come from ( or at the very least came from) some of the ingredients in vaccines . The only thing open to debate would be a cost benefit analysis ( read is the juice worth the squeeze). A loosley comparitive example would be flying. You can tell someone all you want that flying is the safest form of travel, but those affected ( directly or indirectly ) by a tragedy might arguably have a different opinion .

2. There are far more reasons to be wary/against ( at least question rather than blindly becoming a pin cushion ) vaccines.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

I did make very informed decisions and chose to be vaccinated and have my flu shot every year, also to have my children vaccinated as well. We are doing just fine. I don't personally know of any of my friends that have any negative side effects. The only place I hear of negative effects is on the internet.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Every fall, I watch homeless people.
I follow them around, watching them.
When one spits on the walkway, I gather the sputum onto a clean petrie dish.
I bring it home, and kill any pathogens it contains in the microwave.
Diluted with distilled water and filtered thru a cotton ball into a syringe, it makes for an excellent innoculant.
No mercury, no adjuvants, just a totally unadulterated immunization from everything.
I havent been sick a day in 17 years.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You are a bigger person than me.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I admit the first time was a bit difficult.
You get used to it.
The hard part now is giving myself the needle.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I know how - want some help?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Need to be inoculated?
I have lots of vagrant saliva. We should hook up.
Bring some wine and we can make an afternoon out of it.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Just what we need in town another restaurant.
Attachments
saliva.GIF
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

Measles outbreak at Disneyland cancels family trip
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.2934636

What a huge financial loss for Disneyland! Just because of fear-mongering Conspiracy Theorists and their unsubstantiated beliefs.

ALL forums should ban this type of cult-like fear-mongering and propaganda.

Measles Is Spreading. Kids Are At Risk. Sue Parents Who Didn't Vaccinate? Absolutely.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/ ... bsolutely/

Arizona measles outbreak reaches 'critical point'
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015 ... /22452491/

All due to fear-mongering by Conspiracy Theorists.

How due you all feel about them now?
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

sanfish wrote:You can fool some of the people all the time, and you can fool all the people some of the time . The rest of the time people will use their preconceived notions to fool themselves

Perfect for the NCT's, they fool themselves.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

kompili wrote:Perfect for the NCT's, they fool themselves.

Measles doesn't fool anyone. They are deadly and could have severe repercussions upon "The Happiest Place on Earth" (Disneyland).
ANYONE that does not vaccinate their children should have their children placed in an isolation colony, on a small island in the middle of the North Atlantic where/when/if they can reach the age of maturity and decide for themselves if they would like to join the rest of the world. OH, yeah, the parents would have to pay the full bill for their choice that they made, and support that child for life, and pay all the costs of body disposal upon death.

Why should some deficient parents risk the health of ALL other children? Why should we live in fear for the lives of our children because of the mental shortcomings of a few CT adults?

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”