Public figures and the horned signs

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Public figures and the horned signs

Post by Bejvas »

Just wondering why all the top public figures are always making the horned sign with their hands.... coincidence? I don't think so.

"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Public figures and the horned signs

Post by FreeRights »

My god, you're on to something!
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

People who never emotionally left high school?

Seriously, though, there are people out there with many theories on this involving the illuminati freemasons, etc., they even have it going back a long ways (classical composers etc).
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

Its earliest use can be seen in India, as a gesture very commonly used by Gautama Buddha as Karana Mudra which is synonymous with expulsion of demons and removal of obstacles like sickness or negative thoughts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_th ... al_meaning
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

They must have a friend in the devil, not Jesus.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

kompili wrote:They must have a friend in the devil, not Jesus.

So are all those that believe in Jesus the ONLY ones that believe there is a devil?
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

I didn't say that.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

kompili wrote:I didn't say that.

Then, WHAT DID you say?
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

What Does the Horn Hand Mean?

I was avoiding work one day, mindlessly perusing Facebook photos when I found my editor’s page, replete with pictures of him hanging backstage with a galaxy of guitar greats. I noticed roughly half these rockers had one or two hands lifted in the horn sign.

It got me thinking, what does this hand gesture mean? After thousands of hours of painful research done exclusively online, here’s what I’ve found. (Let me preface this next statement: As you well know, gentle reader, nobody would post anything on the interwebs without exhaustive research that proves each statement 100 percent accurate—which makes my finding nothing short of shocking!) Apparently, rock stars, celebrities, and our world leaders have quietly formed an alliance in order to serve both Satan and the Illuminati, which will eventually destroy America and Christendom.

This hand gesture—let’s just call it The Sign of One’s Allegiance to Satan and All that is Unholy (or the gesture, for short)—has been around for centuries. In 1897, Bram Stoker referenced it in Dracula. (Keanu Reeves’ acting in the 1992 movie remake is a testament to the hellish nature of this work.) It first crept into our musical culture with John Lennon’s cartoon figure on the cover of Yellow Submarine—let’s just blame Yoko for that one and move on.

The gesture grew in popularity when Ronnie James Dio joined Black Sabbath in 1979. I was unwilling to travel to the depths of hell to interview the recently departed Dio, but I did find a 2001 interview with him on Metal-Rules.com, in which he said, "It’s not the devil’s sign like we’re here with the devil. It’s an Italian thing I got from my grandmother called the 'Malocchio.' It’s to ward off the Evil Eye or to give the Evil Eye."

I was raised by an Italian mother, and the only hand signal I ever saw was the sign of the cross after the blessing or maybe the swift motion of a hand swinging toward my head if I ate before grace. Judging from the horned devil whipping the drowning priest on the cover of Dio’s solo album, there may be a bit more to the gesture then he is letting on.

Gene Simmons first introduced the gesture in 1977 on the cover of Love Gun. The 'Knight in Satan’s Service'—whose song "God of Thunder" freaked me out in third grade—insists that he got the gesture from Spider Man. Likely story, coming from a forked-tongue, blood-spewing fire breather.

So how did the gesture become mainstream? Ask former president George W. Bush, or any other Texan, what it means and they’ll tell you it stands for "hook ’em horns," a sign of allegiance to the University of Texas. I’ll buy that—Texans are pretty obsessed with football. But how does one explain the Obamas, Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin, and Pat Robertson using the gesture? Is the gesture all they have in common with Metallica, Tenacious D, Kid Rock, Beelzebub, and the like? There are no less than millions of online rants claiming that politicians, celebrities, heavy metal bands, rebellious 12-year-olds, animated characters, and super heroes consciously make the gesture as visual shorthand for "Hail, Satan."

My guess is that rockers use the gesture as shorthand for, "I want to rock and roll all night, and party evv-ur-reeee day." It also serves as a convenient, but disguised middle finger to the establishment, as well as a salute to those about to rock. Political figures do it because a PR person told them that making the devil-horns sign would help them appeal to a younger demographic (or Texas fans). In short, they sell their souls to look cool.

In photos since about sixth grade, I’ve always been more of a peace sign guy (thank you, Ringo), but of late, I’ve found my pinky and pointer finger extending, almost as if powered by some invisible force. Maybe I’m just trying to appeal to a younger, edgier demo, too.

John Bohlinger is a Nashville guitar slinger who works primarily in television and has recorded and toured with over 30 major-label artists. His songs and playing can be heard in major motion pictures, on major-label releases, and in literally hundreds of television drops. Visit him at: youtube. com/user/johnbohlinger or facebook.com/johnbohlinger

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/What_Does_the_Horn_Hand_Mean
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

kompili wrote:Image

You didn't SAY that either. Did you do the research and find that the small detailed difference is "Where the position of the THUMB" makes ALL the difference to the meaning?

Come ON! Get with the program. For someone that makes so many extraordinary claims, there is NOT any extraordinary evidence to back-it-up!
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

My guess is 99% of those using the sign have no idea what it means but have seen someone else do it and thought it looks cool. It is very close to the Hawaiian hang loose gesture as well.

Last edited by goatboy on Jan 20th, 2015, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

goatboy wrote:My guess is 99% of those using the sign have no idea what it means but have seen someone else do it and thought it looks cool. It is very close to the Hawaain hang loose gesture as well.

Obama being from Hawaii KNOWS what a "hang loose" sign is.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

OR

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The NWO Wabbit People are coming ... be afwaid - be vewy afwaid!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”