Dubai Hotel vs WTC 7

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
SassySasquatch
Board Meister

Re: Dubai Hotel vs WTC 7

Post by SassySasquatch »

And the 1945 aircraft accident in which a B-25 Mitchell bomber crashed into the 78/79 floors of the Empire State Building.
Attachments
tumblr_lhv8vlGzg21qcr6iqo1_500.jpg
"...always keep your mind and heart open." - Henry Fonda
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

SassySasquatch wrote:And the 1945 aircraft accident in which a B-25 Mitchell bomber crashed into the 78/79 floors of the Empire State Building.

You're actually comparing 2 aircraft with one that weighs 10 times as much as the other, uses a more combustible fuel with a higher burning temperature and carried more of it than the weight of the other aircraft and its fuel and then hitting a building at least double the speed as the other aircraft? You're comparing a rifle to a tank.

No wonder some of you don't believe the truth, you don't even understand simple physics.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

^^^^^ and the engineering of the WTC was far superior to that of the Empire State building. A plane flying into it was a scenario that was considered when designing the WTC.

From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the type of plane they planned for flying into the WTC was not that much smaller than the ones that flew into it.

ETA: sweet pic by the way.
Last edited by Static on Jan 14th, 2016, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Static wrote:^^^^^ and the engineering of the WTC was far superior to that of the Empire Stat building. A plane flying into I was a scenario that was considered when designing the WTC.

From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the type of plane they planned for flying into the WTC was not that much smaller than the ones that flew into it.

I'll disagree with the notion that the WTC was built better than the Empire State for the simple reasoning that things were built a lot better then than now despite today's safety standards. Given the fact that the Empire State used a lot more concrete than the WTC adds to its stronger foundation.

Also, while the WTC were designed to survive the impact of a B707 (which they more or less did with a B767) the designers didn't take into account the ensuing fire potential
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Just a reminder that WTC Building #7 wasn't hit by a jet......
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

No debris hit or damaged the roof top WTC building #7......from Popular Mechanics photo.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Just a reminder that WTC Building #7 wasn't hit by a jet......

No one said it was
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

averagejoe wrote:No debris hit or damaged the roof top WTC building #7......from Popular Mechanics photo.

Who said anything about the roof?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Dizzy, the WTC was built 30 years later. Do you no think technology and engineering advanced considerably? Concrete would have been used if it was better.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Static wrote:^^^^^ and the engineering of the WTC was far superior to that of the Empire Stat building. A plane flying into I was a scenario that was considered when designing the WTC.

Dizzy1 wrote:I'll disagree with the notion that the WTC was built better than the Empire State for the simple reasoning that things were built a lot better then than now despite today's safety standards. Given the fact that the Empire State used a lot more concrete than the WTC adds to its stronger foundation.

Also, while the WTC were designed to survive the impact of a B707 (which they more or less did with a B767) the designers didn't take into account the ensuing fire potential

Actually the buildings were built to withstand impacts from a jet airliner...listen to the words from a WTC architect...

Those ain't toothpicks being hurled upward and outward for hundreds of feet...they're 30-foot multi-ton steel beams!

"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

Jlabute wrote:Well, it was damaged by heavy debris, and the sprinklers were not fully functional. Did anyone hear explosives?
The Dubai hotel had working sprinklers which stopped the fire from spreading internally.

Surrounding WTC buildings (3,4,5 & 6) suffered much greater damage than WTC7 but remained standing...go figure. Look at the gaping hole in building 6 but still standing!

"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Static wrote:Dizzy, the WTC was built 30 years later. Do you no think technology and engineering advanced considerably? Concrete would have been used if it was better.

No I don't. Look at houses today compared to those built in the early 20th Century. They'll still be standing in 100 years - doubt modern houses will
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

peaceseeker wrote:Actually the buildings were built to withstand impacts from a jet airliner...listen to the words from a WTC

And they did
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

I don't why I'm going to bother, but if 9-11 was not real, what was the end game for whomever put it on and why not go for something far simpler and accomplish the same goal? This simple question and observation negates all the "theories" out there and is what stands out to me as being the biggest hole in any conspiracy theory.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

goatboy wrote:I don't why I'm going to bother, but if 9-11 was not real, what was the end game for whomever put it on and why not go for something far simpler and accomplish the same goal? This simple question and observation negates all the "theories" out there and is what stands out to me as being the biggest hole in any conspiracy theory.

War is very profitable for America.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”