Climate change is job 1

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Climate change is job 1

Post by Cactusflower »

^^How much more proof do you need?
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
You've been attending too many UCP and CPC conventions. Human-accelerated climate change has been proven. Just because you, Kenney, and Scheer don't believe it, doesn't make it any less true.

and you've been hanging out with losers like David Suzuki and brainless communists for too long. Once again, totally ignoring the real issue - even if the man-made climate change myth is proven one day - the real issue is - what can Canada do to stop it? You are perpetrating this myth that Canada can slow the "accelerating climate change". How? Even if we did what the brainless eco-lunatics wanted, and all just went back to living in caves, nothing would change. At all. 35 million people acting stupidly to please doom-saying insane lunatics doesn't help to solve anything. Wasting billions of taxpayer dollars to accomplish nothing helps no one.

I realize that the eco-lunatics have to keep this warm glow in their little tummies and that means continually advocating for really stupid and bad policies, to keep that glow alive. Until someone somewhere can do a cost/benefit analysis that shows exactly what we taxpayers are getting for paying the stupid carbon tax, and continuing to throw money down the drain on idiotic wind and solar power, then I say - WHO CARES!! Let's use all of that wasted money on actually helping people. With REAL problems.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:^^How much more proof do you need?

Need for what? What is your point?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

From the supplied link above. 1st paragraph:
Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

2nd paragraph.
(greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century

3rd paragraph.
reveals the signals of a changing climate

So maybe yes, maybe no. These are JUST signals of what may or may not happen a thousand years from now.
How many years has this study been going on? AND the conclusion is "MAYBE", "PERHAPS", in the future.

I have lost track of which paragraph number:
The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century,

"ABOUT"? They don't know? 200 years, and the best they can come up with is "ABOUT"?

OF course all this is attributable to humans. 200 years ago they didn't have internet and they didn't notice any differences. So, NOW it is such a big concern? In another 200 years, the temp will go up another 2 degrees and let them figure it out. By then they will be very thankful that Site C has been completed and supplies enough power to keep their air conditioners working.
Everything has a life expectancy, human life and the Earth are no different. Life is about quality not quantity. Everything dies. Get over it, live well and prosper.
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

If all of these climate change fanatics really wanted to do something positive for this planet, they say is attributable to humans, then they should be promoting a "negative population" growth.
If every pair-bonding couple was to produce only 1 child, the total population of the world would decrease exponentially year after year.
That would eliminate the entire world's population from blame for centuries. It would also encourage single partner relationships. Encourage self-induced selective breeding practices/choices. Greater value would be placed upon all human lives. Greater parental love/protection of a single offspring rather than have to divide the love among several. Greater respect and appreciation of the parents as they age.

The list goes on......but, it is more environmentally friendly to reduce the number of humans to save the EArth for the future generations.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:^^How much more proof do you need?

Need for what? What is your point?

My point is that human accelerated climate change has been proven. I provided the link that proves it, and you chose not to read it........as usual.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:My point is that human accelerated climate change has been proven. I provided the link that proves it, and you chose not to read it........as usual.

This is a surprise or something new?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
My point is that human accelerated climate change has been proven.

No, that wasn't your point. Your point was this:

They both say they're worried about human-accelerated climate change but have no intention of doing anything that might slow it down.

So my question to you is - "what would slow it down". Who cares if the man made climate change hoax is real or not. That's not relevant to this discussion. Real or hoax, that's the not the crux. The crux is if it is real, what can be done about it, in little old Canada. You stated that both the BC Liberals and the Federal Liberals have no intention of doing anything that might slow it down. So what would slow it down? What would the people who you support, I assume either the New Dumbs or the nutty Green Party, do to "slow it down", bearing in mind we are a nation of 35 million people on a planet with 7.6 billion people on it. Please tell us.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:My point is that human accelerated climate change has been proven. I provided the link that proves it, and you chose not to read it........as usual.

Check out this thread, and provide me with a single place in Canada where the climate change is accelerating. Here's a list of all long term weather stations in Canada. Download the date, and graph.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but I'm just asking for any evidence whatsoever. You say you can prove it, but I'm not even asking that. I'm asking for evidence showing just a single weather station that shows acceleration.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^Again you're confusing climate with weather.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Again you're confusing climate with weather.

You've got to be kidding. Weather is what we have today. Climate is what we've had in the past. Climate change is how the climate changes over time. If you make a claim, and cannot offer a shred of evidence to back it up, you're in the same camp as a 9/11 Truther.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:^^Again you're confusing climate with weather.

Thank you for having the courage to answer my question. NOT! What else did I expect. It's always about the fear-mongering, not about the cost/benefit. Always.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:Check out this thread, and provide me with a single place in Canada where the climate change is accelerating. Here's a list of all long term weather stations in Canada. Download the date, and graph.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but I'm just asking for any evidence whatsoever. You say you can prove it, but I'm not even asking that. I'm asking for evidence showing at just a single weather station that shows acceleration.

Unlike Al Gore's farce of a sequel to his Inconvenient Lie original movie, you are speaking actual truth to power Glacier.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/per ... -1.4068755

Queen K posted this link on another thread, but I think it deserves repeating. Climate change is not measured entirely by reviewing past weather reports from various cities.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Here's another interesting link from another thread:
http://arctic-news.blogspot.ca/2016/12/ ... ocean.html

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”