Climate change is job 1

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Climate change is job 1

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
Queen K posted this link on another thread, but I think it deserves repeating. Climate change is not measured entirely by reviewing past weather reports from various cities.

Yawn. Here's the question you keep ducking. What can Canada do about it????? And actually see a benefit???
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Glacier wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:^^Again you're confusing climate with weather.

You've got to be kidding. Weather is what we have today. Climate is what we've had in the past. Climate change is how the climate changes over time. If you make a claim, and cannot offer a shred of evidence to back it up, you're in the same camp as a 9/11 Truther.

Please read the links I posted this morning. There's much research to be done on climate change before posting rude, condescending remarks.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Please stay on topic and don't start squabbling.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

The very idea of "man made climate change" is a scam perpetuated by the likes of Gore and Suzuki, to make literally millions off of the truly gullible.

There seems to be no shortage of the gullible that seem to live and breath the nonsense these two scam artists pass off as fact.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:The very idea of "man made climate change" is a scam perpetuated by the likes of Gore and Suzuki, to make literally millions off of the truly gullible.

There seems to be no shortage of the gullible that seem to live and breath the nonsense these two scam artists pass off as fact.

To me, it's not about whether this hoax is real or not. It's when Castanet posters state that Justin Trudeau and Christie Clark aren't committed to "slowing down man-made climate change" but then won't tell us what Canada can do to slow down this fake climate change. True cowardice.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote: There's much research to be done on climate change before posting rude, condescending remarks.

I agree. And every time some AGW cultist screams the word "denier" at anyone who doesn't buy into every single stupid prediction and every stupid policy dreamed up by doomsaying AGW-believing boneheads to "slow the acceleration" I think the same thing - how rude and condescending these AGW cultists are being. Just horrible people.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Green Barbarian wrote:To me, it's not about whether this hoax is real or not. It's when Castanet posters state that Justin Trudeau and Christie Clark aren't committed to "slowing down man-made climate change" but then won't tell us what Canada can do to slow down this fake climate change. True cowardice.

Mathematically and scientifically speaking, we would need to increase the gas tax to something like $6/litre and support Site C, of which the most ardent climate change believers want shut down.They want us to get off fossil fuels (and I agree), but they refuse to accept future clean energy production that's needed to replace gasoline cars with electric ones.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Glacier wrote:Mathematically and scientifically speaking, we would need to increase the gas tax to something like $6/litre and support Site C, of which the most ardent climate change believers want shut down.They want us to get off fossil fuels (and I agree), but they refuse to accept future clean energy production that's needed to replace gasoline cars with electric ones.

Excuse me, but it's not the climate change 'believers' who are against future clean energy production. We support ALL sources of clean energy, including wind, solar, geothermal, tidal, etc. It's only the rabid partisans who support only that 'one-trick pony', the Site C dam.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 113235.htm (This is for you, GB).
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/212312 ... hwy-closed

How many more extreme weather events must occur before people begin to realize that we must stop relying on fossil fuels to power our vehicles, homes, businesses, etc?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/212312/Slides-still-have-hwy-closed

How many more extreme weather events must occur before people begin to realize that we must stop relying on fossil fuels to power our vehicles, homes, businesses, etc?

You are confusing weather and climate. Extremes happen every day. Always have, always will. That's weather. The important question is, are they increasing, and there's no evidence this is the case.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:Excuse me, but it's not the climate change 'believers' who are against future clean energy production. We support ALL sources of clean energy, including wind, solar, geothermal, tidal, etc. It's only the rabid partisans who support only that 'one-trick pony', the Site C dam.

I notice that you didn't list support for hydro. The fact is, if we are to electrify, we will need LOTS of power, far more than wind, solar, geothermal, and tidal can provide. Those should be part of the picture, but BC is not very windy nor very sunny, and geothermal is still decades away from being a reality. That leaves hydro as the primary clean source for power today; therefore, you do not think climate change is very important to address today. If you did, you would support clean power projects that actually increase our supply in a significant way. Climate change and pollution are important jobs to address, which is why I support Site C and any other clean energy projects on the go.
- Douglas Murray
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

It appears some people do not understand Geothermal. You do not just throw down some pipe and get "instant cheap heating and cooling"..........I have Geothermal and it is not cheap to put in and add to that IT RUNS ON HYDRO!
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

lesliepaul wrote:It appears some people do not understand Geothermal. You do not just throw down some pipe and get "instant cheap heating and cooling"..........I have Geothermal and it is not cheap to put in and add to that IT RUNS ON HYDRO!

Please read this link. There's a big difference between geothermal energy and geothermal heat pumps.
http://www.geothermalgenius.org/blog/ge ... heat-pumps
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Glacier wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Excuse me, but it's not the climate change 'believers' who are against future clean energy production. We support ALL sources of clean energy, including wind, solar, geothermal, tidal, etc. It's only the rabid partisans who support only that 'one-trick pony', the Site C dam.

I notice that you didn't list support for hydro. The fact is, if we are to electrify, we will need LOTS of power, far more than wind, solar, geothermal, and tidal can provide. Those should be part of the picture, but BC is not very windy nor very sunny, and geothermal is still decades away from being a reality. That leaves hydro as the primary clean source for power today; therefore, you do not think climate change is very important to address today. If you did, you would support clean power projects that actually increase our supply in a significant way. Climate change and pollution are important jobs to address, which is why I support Site C and any other clean energy projects on the go.

It's a given that hydro is in B.C.'s renewable energy portfolio. It's been there for more than half a century, but it's time to move on to newer technologies, don't you think?

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”