The Circle

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

The Circle

Post by TreeGuy »

Mrs Tree and I watched this movie on the weekend.

How close are we to this? Is Google or Apple the “Circle”?

“They” already have us addicted to smart phones. Now people are inviting Google Home into their homes. Is your Smart TV watching and listening to you?

This movie really makes you think. George Orwell was ahead of his time back in 1949.

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: The Circle

Post by vinnied »

I dunno about the smart TV. Probably. but your smart phone is for sure.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh yes, 1984 is the best novel to read right now. I read it a year ago and it's frightening to see how prophetic Orwell truly was.

I see The Circle is on Netflix.

We will watch it soon. :up:
Last edited by Queen K on Jan 9th, 2018, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Newer TV's do have a small camera eye pointing right at you. Covered mine with happy face sticker. Look for a very small fisheye in lower edge of screen frame.

Watch the movie about Snowden and how these little cameras can be turned on by snoop organizations and of course, criminals, without you knowing it, to listen and watch what you do (from phones, tv's, baby monitors, all other smart gear attached to you, your home and vehicle)"

1984 was a prophecy rather than a work of fiction.

So, let's dance and entertain big bro. :135:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Funny, I put a couple layers of tape over the camera on my lap-top years ago. [icon_lol2.gif]

It creeps me out...
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Creepy is right.

We are like the cattle that are eartagged to track the route from land to plate so that if a disease like bovine encephalopathy turned up, the source could be quickly tracked down and dealt with.

We just "eartag" ourselves and pay a pretty penny to do so.

Perhaps someday, implants placed under our skin at birth, will track us down should we deviate into forbidden zones of action or thought against existing government.

I recently read a book by a hacker turned honest who now teaches, lectures, checks out big and small businesses for cyber security flaws and tests computer code for planted bugs. Really interesting. I think it was titled "how to protect yourself in the computer age" or something like that. If you want me to be more specific I can check my library loans records, which is on the net and therefore will NEVER be lost or erased! Ha ha
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

If these guys cover up their cameras and microphones there is probably a good reason to.

castz.JPG
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

TreeGuy wrote:“They” already have us addicted to smart phones. Now people are inviting Google Home into their homes. Is your Smart TV watching and listening to you?

Put custom firmware on them = problem solved?

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”