Kelowna RC Flying Club on Lodge Rd

chmc

Re: Kelowna RC Flying Club on Lodge Rd

Post by chmc »

gw43 wrote:This whole thing is ridiculous. I live near the clubs local, and it really is not a bother for me or my neighbours. To read the article on castanet and see that $60,000, was spent by the district to "fight" for our defence is appalling to say the least. Where does this funding come from? Perhaps from the property tax raise the district passed? We are a tiny community, $60,000, is a huge amount for a district of this size to raise let alone spend on frivolous court fees. Our mayor needs to go. No community needs a spitefull, egomaniac and out of touch with reality mayor or council who's agenda has nothing to do with the citizens who they claim to represent. I've been trying to get the district to finish the ditch in front of my house for 5 YEARS! So i don't have a flood every spring. A cpl bucks from that $60,000, would do it I think. But don't worry there Baker, my neighbour with a backhoe did it for you. As for the bylaw, that is a joke as well. They need to write these meaning less tickets to get their, actually, it is our money back. What an efficient machine these power hungry, delusional men and women run for us poor citizens. I'm guessing someone on council lives near by and has no life outside the four walls of their town hall office, that we pay for as well. We need a petition to get rid of this "mayor", who hasn't done a positive thing for our community since he took office, other than for himself and his cronies.

Touche!!! Something definitely has to be done, other than blowing steam on these forums. Notyou suggested picketing, but if people are only willing to vent on forums the turnout would be nonexistent. Last year I attended a council meeting re: tax increase and the turnout consisted of myself, and three others. I expected to see a large crowd by the way everyone was posting on the forum, but I guess when it comes down to actually getting involved no one wants make the extra effort.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

It all sounds like utter foolishness to me.

Here we have a club which promotes good clean fun and science. Most of their models are electric.

It rather sounds to me like perhaps the subdivision nearby is monied, and that perhaps the mayor is bending over to make those with coin happier. Good news is that he has revealed his true colours so that when election time rolls around, people may choose with facts behind them.

It isn't often the little guy wins, and I'm pleased for the RC Club - long may you fly!
I haven't failed until I quit.
Robster

Post by Robster »

Mayor Baker claims he's tried to contact KORC without any response....as a KORC Member I recall the reverse is true....It was the club who tried to contact you without success, Mayor Baker ?
fentazelb

Post by fentazelb »

Had allot of locals come out and show their support for the club and actually had one guy from the negative side finally have the guts to show up and voice his views to us. He wouldn't give us his name or tell us where he lives in relation to the field but that part doesn't matter, I respect someone who actually shares his view and does it in a respectful way, not saying I agree with him but hes the first to actually come out and say something instead of just yelling obscenities from the road as they drive by.

I have also been informed that this will be on the docket for the next council meeting so if you plan on supporting the club there is your night to show it, if you a simply tired of the DLCs abuse of tax payers money let them know. I was informed today that there was to be no end to this till the club was shut down no matter what the cost, so even with the three madam judges blessing this may not be over yet.
chmc

Post by chmc »

Council Meetings

Council holds its Regular Meetings on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month. Meetings begin at 7 pm in Council Chambers at the Municipal Hall located at 10150 Bottom Wood Lake Road. If a Special Council Meeting is required, such as at budget time, the meeting will generally be held on the 2nd or 4th Tuesday of the month

So the next council meeting is this Tuesday, June 3/14 @ 7:00 pm. Please, please, please show your support and attend. Not only for the Flying Club, but every other bone head decision this group of clowns has made. I want to know exactly how much $$ has been spent on frivolous lawsuits, Main Street construction, etc, etc.

Oops, so sorry, it is the following week for the meeting. Not this Tuesday, but next Tuesday.
Last edited by chmc on May 26th, 2014, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

This Tuesday is May 27th. ;-)

The one after that is June 3rd.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
farmers daughter

Post by farmers daughter »

If i'm not mistaken, the fellow complaining about the dying chickens is the same person who has the semis going in and out of his acreage? If he is such a stickler for compliance to the "good for the neighborhood", my question is how is he getting these loaded semis in and out of his acreage on roads that have weight restrictions?? Hmmmm......
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I don't know, but as far as dying chickens goes, I think that's an absolutely ridiculous stretch.

As has been stated most of these planes are electric and relatively quiet, and the ones that are louder, still aren't any worse than a lawn mower, weed whacker, or leaf blower. So were these chickens croaking every time the grass gets cut also?

Perhaps the guy would be better off checking for bird flu, instead of blaming model airplanes, or maybe the chickens died from diesel exhaust fumes from the semis.
fentazelb

Post by fentazelb »

Lonewolf the actual complaint brought to me was that the supposed chickens were dying from the fear of seeing predatory birds flying over, and that chickens cant tell the difference between the birds and our planes. The noise compaints are more in the focus now only since the DLC and the select few against the flying club using the property lost one of the few straws they could grasp onto. I have always said that when we were to win the case they will try a different course of action and they have seemed to not want to disappoint me.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

^ I am so sorry that a club based on science, the great outdoors, fresh air and bringing many generations together is being quite frankly bulldozed into the ground by a mayor who acts like he was told he can't play.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

fentazelb wrote:Lonewolf the actual complaint brought to me was that the supposed chickens were dying from the fear of seeing predatory birds flying over, and that chickens cant tell the difference between the birds and our planes. The noise compaints are more in the focus now only since the DLC and the select few against the flying club using the property lost one of the few straws they could grasp onto. I have always said that when we were to win the case they will try a different course of action and they have seemed to not want to disappoint me.

I really really hope that you and the club prevail in the end.

Baker and his little crusades have got to stop, and I think one way to accomplish that, is to not let off informing and reminding people how much tax money is being literally tossed out the window, in pursuit of frivolous cases.

Fall isn't that far off. Hopefully people will remember this and demonstrate their displeasure where it really counts.

As to the chickens dying, having at one point lived quite close to that area, I'd have to assume they were dying previously as well, since red tail hawks adorn the sky regularly.

Wouldn't the planes have to literally be buzzing around the barn continuously?
fentazelb

Post by fentazelb »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Wouldn't the planes have to literally be buzzing around the barn continuously?

I am sure they would have to be yes, it was shown even in the Global News coverage that the claims of us being out there at all hours of the day 7 days a week is a bit far fetched. If you watched the footage the news crew was shooting from the road with noone in the field at noon. I had to open the gate to do the interview that day. I commented to Kelly just how nice of a day it was and that it sucked to have to be going back to work, if were not there on a really nice day it means on junk days we arent there either usually.

Yes its true most of the club is not made up of retired old men that play with toys, a large majority of us are working stiffs that enjoy a nice relaxing evening or weekend at the field, usually with our families. The notion that the infernal buzzing planes is no stop is simply not possible or true, there might be a wave of it each day but thats hardly all day. Last fall when we requested and receive the complete list of complaints against us I had to laugh as it was reported a noisy gas powered plane with lights on it was being flown late at night in the dark, there was a plane and its my plane, and its all electric.
Robster

Post by Robster »

Unfortunately , the complainers who are trying to make a point feel its necessary to always exaggerate, and most of the claims by Mr chicken farmer are exactly that. Do a google search and you'll find there are many factors that could cause poor egg laying near the lodge rd site.....

How about factors like changing daylight hours throughout the year...what about bird mites that drive the birds crazy at night leaving them sleep deprived....How about the Locomotives that (used to) thunder through blasting their horns for traffic at the Lodge road crossing....How bout the kids ripping around the on the miniature (on property) dirt bike circuit......How about the Aircraft constantly flying overhead or even those huge trucks moving on an off the Reiswig property....... Oh yes and the Hawks, lets not forget about them...on any visit to the flying field I see Hawks...Red tailed, Turkey Vultures, Coopers and sharp shinned and the bald Eagles...Sorry, they were there before you Mr Chicken farmer, why would anyone even consider raising chickens in such a (previously) raptor populated locale, any way....see where this is going ?

The claims made by Mr Collins on the CHBC segment that "Its like having someone hanging over your garden fence with a weed whacker or chainsaw ALL DAY while youre trying to have a BBQ". are an asinine exaggeration and he knows it...if you were to spend a week sitting at our field you'd be lucky to hear that supposedly continuous racket......

The fact that 95% of the club fly quiet electric planes is repeatedly ignored by the complainers......What part of our club fly 95% quiet electric planes is it that some seem to be unable to absorb ?

Return to “Central Okanagan”