Kelowna RC Flying Club on Lodge Rd

Emily_l

Kelowna RC Flying Club on Lodge Rd

Post by Emily_l »

I was just wondering, does anybody know if this newly settled Kelowna RC Flying Club on Lodge Road area really comply with the bylaws of Lake Country by setting up an accessory building, having overnight camping and parking spots etc in an A1 zoning?

They even had a campfire the day there was a grassfire on sunburn hill. As far as I know the land use is restricted. Didn't know that any club could settle down wherever they want to and build whatever they want to whereas everybody else has to make sure that each and every single add-on complies with the bylaws.

I am concerned and sad, now all the Bald Eagles, Orsays, Red Tailed Hawks, Canada Geese, Great Horned Owls, Turkey Vultures etc etc are gone on these fields due to some people with noisy, annoying toys occupying the whole back section there.

Any clarification regarding the bylaws and land use in that area on Lodge Rd. is much appreciated.

Thank you..
Emily
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Kelowna RC Flying Club on Lodge Rd

Post by Queen K »

Emily, I well know the whose land they are on and yes, they have permission from the family who owns the land. I work with one of those people two days a week and she and her family have absolutely no problems with what the club is doing.

Maybe you just have nothing to do? Not busy enough?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Queen K wrote:Emily, I well know the whose land they are on and yes, they have permission from the family who owns the land. I work with one of those people two days a week and she and her family have absolutely no problems with what the club is doing.

Maybe you just have nothing to do? Not busy enough?

Hey Queen K,
I took Emily's questions as legitimate questions.
I'm not sure why you think she is not busy enough??
She seemed concerned about fire safety, the birds,etc as
I might be as well if I was out there.
This forum is for questions or concerns right?
And every poster on here has their individual concerns.
alienguy

Post by alienguy »

I was surprised to learn they were given a temporary permit by the District. I know others have complained to bylaws about different issues related to the flying club. I see this as just another non agricultural use of land. It quickly went from flying planes to overnight camping and out buildings on the land. Call Lake Country bylaws and express your concerns.

It’s about the community not the property owners and their friends.
"The World Is Run By Those Who Show Up" - Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Emily made it sound like they arrived willy nilly and just set up. Not so. No one is stopping her from expressing anything, I'm just saying she's focussed on a legit activity with legit permission. Move on.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Meeko666
Fledgling

Post by Meeko666 »

Can someone tell me if this is a "private" club? The gate is locked so who do you contact to join them?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://korc.ca/

And they've got lots of youtube vids as well.

Geez, some may think I was too harsh with Emily but look at the complaining about life in general we've got on Castanet:

Roundabouts
Boaters
Speeders
Littering
Trucks
Cigarettes
Ducks, Rabbits, Geese, Dogs, Cats, etc.
Bush parties, etc. ad naseum.

And here's a club that promotes science, physics, knowledge of the weather patterns, small engine mechanics and oh heck, clean fun. They're even stimulating the economy by ordering new jackets, duh, what could be the problem? They are legitimately set up where they are and just went about having fun. And...? Months later, get a what? Complaint. For what? And that fire thing is just surmising in the worst unscientific way, harsh gossip. So sorry folks, I just had a moment of internet rage when I read Emily's stuff. I mean, really :purefury: Remote control radio flyers?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Emily wasn't questioning what the club provides. She wanted to know if they were in compliance with the bylaws regarding accessory buildings, overnight camping, open fires, etc which are perfectly reasonable questions if the land is zoned A1.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As if I didn't read that. Why doesn't she just M.H.O.B.?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Why should she? She lives in the area and wanted to know whether the club was in compliance. Don't get your knickers in a twist because you know the owners and they have no problem with what the club is doing. The question was, and still is, if the club is complying with bylaws and any land restrictions?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Emily_l

Post by Emily_l »

I went thru the bylaws and I couldn't find anything permitted other than agriculture land use or related to it. Fine if they have the permission to do whatever they want to on the owners property, but even a club has to follow the rules set out by the district. I much rather like to watch the birds flying around than some motor driven toy making noise and emissions, but that's just my personal view.

Thank you for your input. I will express my concerns at the district.

@QueenK, I appreciate your concern about my time scheduling, but that's not the subject matter of my posting, and there is absolutely no need to raise the roof about my simple question unless I hit the target.
The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer »

Emily.... :castanet:
Never mind the Old Battleaxe...with over 18,000 posts...it's clear who has too much time on their hands.
Welcome to the forum.
EQ
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ohhh, you could say that or you could understand I don't watch hours of tv, this is my tv.

As for "battleaxe" you could see how many of my posts are made to be helpful to people. Just happen to think that the club is worthy and not it's not worth splitting hairs on by-laws. Live and let live. We have far too many legitimate complaints to be harassing good people.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Queen K wrote:Ohhh, you could say that or you could understand I don't watch hours of tv, this is my tv.

As for "battleaxe" you could see how many of my posts are made to be helpful to people. Just happen to think that the club is worthy and not it's not worth splitting hairs on by-laws. Live and let live. We have far too many legitimate complaints to be harassing good people.

Ignore it Queen, anyone that wants to *bleep* about the emissions of a RC airplane has to much time on their hands.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

If they are in compliance with the bylaws then they have nothing to worry about.
Mean while IMO people have a right to post their legimate questions without being
ridiculed. Ask yourself if you would talk that way to the persons face.
If so thats sad.

Return to “Central Okanagan”