Pelmewash Parkway

Big Al

Re: Pelmewash Parkway

Post by Big Al »

that name sucks from my perspective it might likely reference oyamas land formations in its translation of gravelly beach land but when the first-nations dont know what it means ... the EDC consultant working for the district cant remember or pronounce it after 20 attempts at a workshop ... locals think it goofy and will likely call it the old hwy.. how are people and especially tourists going to understand how beautiful it is... the new highway will take the traffic away from my farm business and this title will do nothing to help our 80+year old farm continue to exist... Lake country parkway means something and projects an image from comments above pelmewash is something you do to prevent hair growth or cooties
Kalamalka puts colour in Lake Country
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I wonder what some thought when some buffoon misspelled, mispronounced and mistook Kanata to be the name of this great country, Canada.
Canada. What a silly name for a country...Eh?
I wonder what some thought when Kelowna was named on another bad pronunciation.
Keh-low-nah...what the hell kinda city name is that?
Okanagan.
Haida Gwaii.
Shuswap.

You'll get used to it.
It's not all bad.
Chill.
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

[quote="Graham Adder"]I wonder what some thought when some buffoon misspelled, mispronounced and mistook Kanata to be the name of this great country, Canada.
Canada. What a silly name for a country...Eh?
I wonder what some thought when Kelowna was named on another bad pronunciation.
Keh-low-nah...what the hell kinda city name is that?
Okanagan.
Haida Gwaii.
Shuswap.

You'll get used to it.
It's not all bad.
Chill.[/quote]

You echo my thoughts!!! :rate10:
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

oh yes your right i will get used to it .. i am starting to get used to it now .. it would be helpful if i knew exactly what it really means .. i still dont like it but there is lots of things i dont like but will work with as i cant change them nor force my opinion as decree so i live and let live hope for the best and work the cards dealt so to speak..jeez i am a farmer dependent on weather dont like it when it hails even though its often a interesting and fun experience.. it may be that i appreciate it some time but for now my cards dont trump much else
Kalamalka puts colour in Lake Country

Return to “Central Okanagan”