The View newspaper

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

The View newspaper

Post by Rwede »

I stopped by to visit an old timer I know who lives out in Winfield, and he was telling me that the local newspaper is all but shut down. He didn't know much more than that.

Anyone able to shed some light on that? What's the story with The View?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: The View newspaper

Post by Poindexter »

Can we shut the West Kelowna newspapers down too, where do we sign up? What a waste of paper, nothing of interest to read, they're simply a vehicle for flyers.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Don't know what happened, but noticed it stopped being delivered with Friday's mail around 3 weeks ago. Calling it a 'newspaper" is a it of stretch IMO, the last paper I received had at least 4 typos on the front page alone.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Yeah I haven't seen it in my mailbox for a couple of weeks now, but then I generally just toss it into the recycling bin on the way by anyway. I agree, a waste of paper.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
gummibear

Post by gummibear »

I think they were having some staffing issues (hence all the typos...) and heard they will be back up and running at some point.
rexvirtue

Post by rexvirtue »

is it possible to opt out of receiving the view? i occasionally use it to start fires, but thats about it. don't waste the paper on me. to me, it's not worth opening.
gummibear

Post by gummibear »

Yeah at least the competition between the two papers is keeping advertising prices fairly low. Looked into advertising in the Peachland paper a while back and it is crazy expensive!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

rexvirtue wrote:is it possible to opt out of receiving the view? i occasionally use it to start fires, but thats about it. don't waste the paper on me. to me, it's not worth opening.

Of course. You can opt out of getting any paper that is delivered to you. Call their circulation, or the best way, is to put up a sign requesting no newspapers. You can put one on your mail box for junk mail too.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

It does not have a circulation that you can opt out of. It is delivered via bulk mail. You can, however, opt out of all bulk mail but not only some bulk mail.
You and 71 others Like this post
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

So it was back under "new/different" management for a couple of issues on a bi-weekly basis, but yesterday's issue was not delivered, at least not to my mailbox. Does that mean they're done again or was it an oversight on CP delivery person? Anyone know what's happening? Not that I miss it terribly, just more curious than anything.
gummibear

Post by gummibear »

It said their distribution is the second and fourth Friday of every month so that would be this Friday. I didn't get it either last week so doubt it's Canada Post.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

gummibear wrote:It said their distribution is the second and fourth Friday of every month so that would be this Friday. I didn't get it either last week so doubt it's Canada Post.

Oh, thanks for that info, I thought it was every other Friday...
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

gummibear wrote:It said their distribution is the second and fourth Friday of every month so that would be this Friday. I didn't get it either last week so doubt it's Canada Post.

And here it was again with the mail today, every 2nd and 4th Friday is what it is.

Return to “Central Okanagan”