Moving back to Winfield.

danmartin
Board Meister

Re: Moving back to Winfield.

Post by danmartin »

It is interesting to see the people that use every opportunity to complain about the Lake Country elected officials! They resort to childish name calling and or putting down in some way in every topic they comment on. Obviously the majority of those that vote don't agree with their opinion and like the way things are being run. I realize that this may not always be so in the next election but time will tell. As far as moving here I think that the area has much to offer and within easy driving distance you'll find nearly everything one's heart desires.
Last edited by danmartin on Jan 15th, 2014, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThursdaysChild

Post by ThursdaysChild »

Well at least you can change out Politicians, the location is forever,,, The angst in America is for real, and in the big cities it is reaching epidemic proportions. The difference in how Canadians interact with each other, is so noticeably better.

We are hard working Entrepreneurs so while there may be new challenges there may also be new opportunities.

Plus being parents of a 9 and 6 yr old. I want my kids out of here.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

As with every situation, a big part of any decision is--attitude, I do believe. You have a great attitude and the love you have for your family and the area here will go far in making this a great move, I'm sure.
As for the negative comments?? Well, we can all find bad, if we look hard enough. I choose to find the good and try to build it bigger. The negatives can be worked on to make things better.
One thing here is, people do care and are proud of where they live and it shows, generally, in how they take care of where they live. Things don't usually change overnight, but gradually, and we should all do our best to make things better--for ourselves and our families AND for our neighborhoods. The world is NOT that big anymore, and every little stone thrown, or insult hurdled, makes big ripples felt wider than we can imagine.
Again, good luck in your move and I sincerely hope you don't get caught up in the "Jones" theory and trying to keep up with them. Do what is going to make you and your family happy with more time spent with them and not so much time in trying to "keep up".
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

I wish I never left winfield. I'd move back in an instant if I could get work in my field
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Well the biggest down side is that most can earn a better living elsewhere, so choosing to live here permanently often means a level of sacrifice.

Cost of living is significant here compared to other places.

Sunshine Tax is virtually unavoidable.

What LW said...

However I should specify that I wasn't talking about Lake Country specifically, more like the Kelowna and surrounding area. I love Lake Country, but the Okanagan does have it's challenges.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I love the Okanagan, Lake Country in particular because it's a bit smaller, and don't regret the decision I made to move here back in 88, but I knew there was a cost involved and accepted it.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”