Pelmewash Parkway gravel road.

John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Pelmewash Parkway gravel road.

Post by John500 »

When are the bits and pieces being finished as to Pelmewash Parkway? There is a small stretch in Winfield that has gravel no pavement. Then near the Gatzke overpass 2 pieces with holes that get deeper and deeper. Evans Road is now a washboard. And no one is working on it. Soon someone will loose a tire or rim! The only thing that seems to be completed is the retaining wall at Tim Hortons. Can someone please finish the paving job??? Thanks
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Pelmewash Parkway gravel road.

Post by Rwede »

Why don't you ask DLC city hall and report back to us on your findings?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Deeoars
Fledgling

Post by Deeoars »

Smellmysquash Partway is all ashphalt now I do believe.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Yes all done. It took awhile but they did do a good job. Now someone got involved with the traffic light on Oyama rd Red falshing and its now a 4 way stop. Why? what is the reason? Was there a problem? I think a problem was created.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

John500 wrote: Now someone got involved with the traffic light on Oyama rd Red falshing and its now a 4 way stop. Why? what is the reason? Was there a problem? I think a problem was created.

Yes there is a problem. The usual one that keeps manifesting itself, that being the DLC always looking to fix what isn't broken, instead of focusing on more important issues.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

John500 wrote: Now someone got involved with the traffic light on Oyama rd Red falshing and its now a 4 way stop. Why? what is the reason? Was there a problem? I think a problem was created.

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Yes there is a problem. The usual one that keeps manifesting itself, that being the DLC always looking to fix what isn't broken, instead of focusing on more important issues.

That intersection was, and to a certain extent still is, "broken". There was no need to keep the lights functioning as they were (primarily green for the old highway and demand activation for Oyama Rd). And making a four way stop with flashing reds isn't the end solution either. But it is a step in the right direction.

The DLC is likely waiting until spring to make the necessary changes to the intersection infrastructure that they have inherited. I foresee a simple stop sign for vehicles on Oyama Rd/Irvine Rd. But it takes more that a wave of a magic wand to get it done.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I disagree.

There was a functional light in place, one that would no doubt still be very handy during tourist season, given the volume when the campground is filled, along with the beach, yet rather than just leave it alone, now monies are being spent to remove the light and install stop signs.

This is not my idea of prudent use of resources, nor choice of priorities to spend tax dollars on.

Then again I'm of the belief that police resources could be better directed elsewhere, than the current obsession with Pimplewash Parkway. If speeding on there is such a concern it would have been more prudent to install a few temporary speed bumps along the stretch, instead of the money and resources being wasted on traffic light removal, and opportunistic speed traps.

It makes far more sense to me to tolerate the odd person doing 70-80kph on a chunk of road that was deemed safe at 80kph, and put even more effort into nailing those who continually insist on doing 80-100kph through Winfield.

I mean the idea is to focus on areas dangerous to the greater portion of residents, is it not?
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Deeoars
Fledgling

Post by Deeoars »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

I haven't been up that way in months, so I'm not aware of whats happening with the old highway. I'm assuming that the beginning work will be left until the Spring and the new parkway will be completed over time. The signals at Oyama Road should be left in place because that is still going to be a busy intersection in the summer months. From what I can remember, this intersection has only been signalized for a few years now, so the equipment is still fairly new. I'm not sure what the plans are for the old 4 lane section from Oyama Road to the north end of the old alignment. It would make sense to downgrade it to 2 lanes and install boulevards beside the road.

Return to “Central Okanagan”