Lake Country Honesty by Young Man

damama55
Übergod

Lake Country Honesty by Young Man

Post by damama55 »

Yesterday, Jan. 28/14, about 6:20 PM, on the 23 Lake Country bus, an honest young man turned a wallet into the bus driver. A guy had gotten off the bus and somehow dropped his wallet on the seat. The young man, about 18-20, spotted it, and turned it into the driver.
I was sooooo impressed, I never even thought to ask his name although I did thank him for his honesty. He just gave me a big smile and hoped I had a great evening. Young man, you made my evening so much better.
We often complain about our young people, and don't give enough attention when they do something that makes us so very proud of them. This young man is a fine testament to his upbringing and his sense of values.
I know the bus driver is a "fine young man", too. He will get a chuckle out of that, I'm sure, and I know he will be sure to get the lost wallet to the rightful owner.
It is always a beautiful day in the neighborhood when our faith in humanity is restored and preserved.
Thank you, to the Honest Young Man from Lake Country. :) ♥
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
KnoxVille450

Re: Lake Country Honesty by Young Man

Post by KnoxVille450 »

Thank you very much for sharing that, it is very nice to read an up lifting, positive post. Sometimes the put downs and negativity in this forum makes me wonder but thank you again for passing on your positive experience and sharing it with us.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I have found out that the young man goes by J. He told his Mom about what happened when he got home, and she is very, very proud of him, too. Thank you, J, for being you, Dear, and for being such a fine example of what we all hope our children will turn out to be.
You are an awesome young man. :) ♥ You definitely treat others as you would like to be treated, and you never know how you will be repaid one day. All the best to your future endeavors and your pathway through life.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

damama55 wrote:I have found out that the young man goes by J. He told his Mom about what happened when he got home, and she is very, very proud of him, too. Thank you, J, for being you, Dear, and for being such a fine example of what we all hope our children will turn out to be.
You are an awesome young man. :) ♥ You definitely treat others as you would like to be treated, and you never know how you will be repaid one day. All the best to your future endeavors and your pathway through life.

If you know his parents, they too deserve a Thanks for raising a fine young man! Good to hear!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Already done. I did speak with his Mom. She is a lovely lady, too.

Not quite the same thing, but, the other day I was coming out on the bus and a young lady gave me her seat.

I do love the young people around our area. Most of them are very considerate, very polite and will give up their seats to us older ones. The young lady that did for me, had a beautiful smile and made my heart happy with her smile and her gift of her seat. Thank you.
♥:)

Return to “Central Okanagan”