Anyone Else Tired of the Petty Theft/Crime in LC?

jmacbeth1

Anyone Else Tired of the Petty Theft/Crime in LC?

Post by jmacbeth1 »

My garage was broken into last Monday night and thieves made off with some valuable sporting equipment including my DH mountain bike. I live in Sage Glenn and I'm surprised... moving here I didn't really expect to have my house broken in to... never mind while it was obvious I was sleeping inside! My neighbor had a window in his car smashed out that same night and I know vandalism has always been a problem in the lakes... Does anyone know who's doing these kind of things? Crackheads? High school kids? Any pointers as to where my stuff might turn up for sale?
mullyman
Board Meister

Re: Anyone Else Tired of the Petty Theft/Crime in LC?

Post by mullyman »

where is sage glenn?
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

I'm new to the area and have been following some of the reports in the news regarding break-ins and property theft in the area. It's surprising, as well as disappointing that there is so much crime and theft going on around here!

You could keep an eye out on Kijiji.ca, craigslist and Pinkbike.com for your DH bike. Also call the bike shops in Kelowna, Vernon and Kamloops to give them a description of your bike. It might just turn up for sale somewhere.
jmacbeth1

Post by jmacbeth1 »

Thanks for the pointers Rusty! I've already posted an add to Pink Bike and I've checking the local classifieds daily.

Sage Glenn is the newer housing development right off of chase - its the project build neighborhood.

I've heard these criminals have been making their rounds over the past week. Apparently there's been a lot of theft all over LC even down in OK Center and Carrs Landing.
Taranis1964

Post by Taranis1964 »

Apparently homes on Hallum have been hit as well. Looks like whoever's responsible is making the rounds of LC.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You do realize this happens everywhere. It's not restricted to just LC.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Bsuds wrote:You do realize this happens everywhere. It's not restricted to just LC.

I would hope they do.I have been robbed and live in this area, I think they are just reaching out for answers in our little town and are finding it's not that little. Just saying.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It would be nice to catch some of these people but they just get a slap on the wrist and sent on their way to do it again!
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

It's pretty sad. I didn't think that I would need to worry about that sort of thing when I moved here. Not sure what can be done to prevent this sort of thing other than to lock doors & windows and not leave valuables in vehicles etc... I hope to get to know my neighbours. Perhaps we can all keep an eye out for each other.
jmacbeth1

Post by jmacbeth1 »

Ya it's definitely not just Lake Country but it seems as if we've had a bit of a crime wave lately. I agree - keep your eyes open and watch out for your neighbors... hopefully they do the same for you.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Central-Ok ... m-vehicles

Everything listed in this story could have been saved from theft by "Not leaving them in your car"!
Kalvin K
Fledgling

Post by Kalvin K »

Hi all,

Another reminder to lock your vehicles. They arn't just hitting cars packed on/near the street.

They went through my Mom's tuck on Saturday night/sunday morning along with at least one of her neighbors. She's near the corner of Camp and Davidson roads.

Her truck was parked well off the road behind her house. Truck was not even visible from the road. They climbed a steep embankment and hopped at least one fence to get to the truck. Could easily follow their footprints in the snow.

Luckily she keeps nothing of value in her truck, so all it cost her was some peace of mind and some time to cleanup after the mess they made of her truck.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Time for the cops to set up a trap! Leave a "bait vehicle" somewhere and bust these low life scumbags. Not that they'd suffer any serious consequences as a result, but at least they'd be off the streets for a night or two.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

RVThereYet wrote:Time for the cops to set up a trap! Leave a "bait vehicle" somewhere and bust these low life scumbags. Not that they'd suffer any serious consequences as a result, but at least they'd be off the streets for a night or two.

That works if the steal the bait car but they are just taking contents.

Maybe some rat traps in glove boxes would work or some exploding ink.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

^^^ It could work with "just" the theft of contents, too. Just leave the "trap" sitting in a certain area unlocked and have a silent alarm go off when the door is opened, or have the cops sitting nearby monitoring the vehicle. I bet they'd nab these *bleep* in a night or two

Return to “Central Okanagan”