Memorial Benches at Aspen

Meeko666
Fledgling

Memorial Benches at Aspen

Post by Meeko666 »

Good to see the golf course in Winfield stay open BUT what happened to the memorial benches that were there? I know for a fact that the one for Addy Vanderwerf was not passed on to the family. IMHO, that is like removing and stealing a headstone!! They were jack-hammered out of the concrete that held them in place!

What gives anyone the right, whether you buy a piece of property and sell it or not, to remove something as sentimental as a memorial bench and not at least offer it to the family???

I noticed that every yardage sign from every tee box has been removed as well and even the huge oval "Aspen Grove" sign on the front of the clubhouse is gone. The inside of the building was was raped, even the light bulbs were removed..... WOW, what a moron, is all I can say!!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Memorial Benches at Aspen

Post by Bsuds »

Well he did sell it to the School Board. Probably figured it would all be bulldozed under.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jpmaltais

Post by jpmaltais »

I know the bench got give to city or holiday park
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

Meeko666 wrote:Good to see the golf course in Winfield stay open BUT what happened to the memorial benches that were there? I know for a fact that the one for Addy Vanderwerf was not passed on to the family. IMHO, that is like removing and stealing a headstone!! They were jack-hammered out of the concrete that held them in place!

What gives anyone the right, whether you buy a piece of property and sell it or not, to remove something as sentimental as a memorial bench and not at least offer it to the family???

I noticed that every yardage sign from every tee box has been removed as well and even the huge oval "Aspen Grove" sign on the front of the clubhouse is gone. The inside of the building was was raped, even the light bulbs were removed..... WOW, what a *bleep*, is all I can say!!!

You don't know what happened with the benches. You don't know anything. But you go off on a rant. They were saved, and offered, and then forwarded to the families that requested them. You are very embarrassing.

As for the building and light bulbs (lmao) being raped, that is up to the school board, who paid millions of dollars for the property. Yardage signs? WOW.

Really? Light bulbs and signs? Rape? Nice adjective...
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Sadly, this rape goes on every day......homes being purchased and renovated. Lighting removed, bulbs taken.....in some cases even thrown away!!!
There are even TV shows which depict this rape. I heard that a fellow named Mike Holmes is apparently a major perpetrator of this rape which goes on within our society on a daily basis......filming it for the perverse pleasure of others. Even instructing others on-camera on how to conduct such rapes of not only lighting, but decks, walls, and more unspeakable parts. It makes me wonder if he is a relative of John Holmes.
The school district must be brought to task on this and made to return the light bulbs, the tee boxes, and yes, even the Aspen Grove sign! They need to realize that they can't just pay millions of dollars to a landowner and then take down that former landowners defunct business sign. It must be kept up in perpetuity to confuse generations of people that this was a business in the past....one that no longer exists.
Oh, and maybe you should just call the district about the benches. And if they don't know, just call the former owner. Between the two of them, someone knows.
You and 71 others Like this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LANDM wrote:The school district must be brought to task on this and made to return the light bulbs, the tee boxes, and yes, even the Aspen Grove sign!

I don't think the claim was that the School District perpetrated this but the previous owner.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

My tongue was planted very firmly in cheek so I wasn't overly concerned whether the OP was accusing the buyer or seller.....it was a private transaction and where the light bulbs, sign, and tee boxes went are nobodies concern. A resolution was offered for the benches as it was pretty clear that the OP was reacting without checking.
You and 71 others Like this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I knew you weren't being overly serious but wasn't sure if you missed that factoid.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Meeko - Come back the earth here buddy.

1st off - You know nothing other than the bench isn't where you saw it last. You ASSUME it was treated badly. How about you actually gather some information before making accusations and trying to shame someone? Shame on YOU!

2nd - It's called the right of ownership. That's what give the new owners the right. They own the benchs and can do whatever the heck they please with them. I agree that it's probably in poor taste to junk them without at least trying to find a new home. But that's about it. Nobody expects memorials to be maintained by new owners - well, nobody except you it appears.

If anything - it's the previous owners who are most responsible for these memorials. They set them up and they sold them (or did they?) with the property. If they actually cared about it, THEY would have found them new homes or added something to the terms of sale.

Return to “Central Okanagan”