New company running the golf course

Pandybear

New company running the golf course

Post by Pandybear »

Drove past the golf course in winfield and we saw 2 ppl using push mowers to cut the rough areas. Is this right? Is this the right company for the job?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: new company running the golf course

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

It doesn't appear that whoever is running the show has much golf course experience.

Probably just trying to milk the land for a few more bucks before everything gets bulldozed.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: new company running the golf course

Post by LANDM »

Or, they have a one year lease on the course and they are running it on a shoestring since any investment is unwarranted and couldn't possibly produce a return in that time period.
You and 71 others Like this post
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: New company running the golf course

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Yes that could be too.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

LANDM wrote:Or, they have a one year lease on the course and they are running it on a shoestring since any investment is unwarranted and couldn't possibly produce a return in that time period.

Thanks LANDM. Took a bucket of used balls in the other day to try to help out before I golfed and they where very happy. Good to be able to play there again and have no complaints.
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

Push mowers?? I wonder how they used to cut grass on golf courses before riding mowers. Tractors would have been too heavy.

Glad to see someone keeping this little gem of a course running for another season.
SRV

Post by SRV »

Just happy the course is still open. Do wish they'd re-install the net along the 4th hole but the price is right and so far so good with my son's membership. Good guys in the clubhouse, grass is cut $17 for me to play 9...can't really ask for more.....except maybe for a magical cure for my slice :)

Return to “Central Okanagan”