What's up with this

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

What's up with this

Post by GordonH »

What a bizarre/creepy find in Beasley Park beach.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Central-Ok ... rths-dolls
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jo
Slot 16

Re: What's up with this

Post by Jo »

I don't find it creepy at all, it's funny and kinda cool. I would like to have been there with a camera, good photo op. I mean really, it's likely a grad prank or something like that. What is creepy about ti?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Would be worse if they actually had womens names associated to each doll
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Would have been funny if a strong gust had blown all the dolls into the lake. Imagine the distress a bunch of floating bodies would have caused.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

It could have been an art installation.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Jo wrote:I don't find it creepy at all, it's funny and kinda cool. I would like to have been there with a camera, good photo op. I mean really, it's likely a grad prank or something like that. What is creepy about ti?

For me the creep factor is each one appears to be grave marker, since each one is on a mound.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:For me the creep factor is each one appears to be grave marker, since each one is on a mound.

Unless they brought a shovel how else would they have planted them. But it does show that the way each of us interpret art is a window into our mind. So in your case Gord, youre one morbid bugger. :):)
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

GordonH wrote:For me the creep factor is each one appears to be grave marker, since each one is on a mound.

Poindexter wrote:Unless they brought a shovel how else would they have planted them. But it does show that the way each of us interpret art is a window into our mind. So in your case Gord, youre one morbid bugger. :):)

Well there's another way to look at it too, the older we get the more of an aversion to "mounds" we develop. LOL
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I've made one of the pictures my cover photo on facebook. It really is that good, I like the warped mind that thought of it.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Unless they brought a shovel how else would they have planted them. But it does show that the way each of us interpret art is a window into our mind. So in your case Gord, youre one morbid bugger. :):)

Thank-you for good laugh Poindexter
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

You're welcome. Glad you took it the right way. My use of sarcasm is usually pretty hit and miss.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Its almost as creepy as that "Tree of Tranquility" in Oyama with all the clowns and dolls hanging from it.

On a side note, after seeing those pictures, I feel like watching Criminal Minds LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I keep trying to see what is so creepy about it, and all I can see is how funny it is.

I think some people have seen too many horror movies!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

What I see is the representation of a bygone era during which photos had been taken showing people strolling along shores of a lake, or ocean side, dressed in street clothes instead of bathing wear.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Those Barbies look very retro. They must be worth quite a bit of money. I wonder how one person managed to have so many, and of the same Barbie model.

Return to “Central Okanagan”