Memorial on Bottom Wd Lk Rd

M and M

Memorial on Bottom Wd Lk Rd

Post by M and M »

The ditch digging and constuction on BWL Rd, is almost up to the memorial cross.
I expect the memorial is going to be dissassembled and moved or worst.
Please ask whoever maintains the memorial to maybe lift it out until they are done so it can be saved.
damama55
Übergod

Re: Memorial on Bottom Wd Lk Rd

Post by damama55 »

The Memorial is still in tact. We drove by yesterday, Sunday, June 29/14, and the crew has been very careful to not disturb it. It looks like they are going to work around it. Very thoughtful of them. Thank you, and our hearts go out to the family and friends of the young lady that was killed there. Hopefully, with the new improvements they are doing on Bottom Wood Lake Rd., plus the new lighting along there, we will not need to put any more memorials up along that busy road.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
BoyBlunder

Post by BoyBlunder »

news flash:
we don't NEED roadside memorials.
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

the memorial has been there for over 3 years maybe its time to come down...and she wasn't killed because there wasn't sidewalks , she lost her life because she was walking with her back to traffic on a horrible night during a torrential downpour , 93% of fatal pedestrian accidents are cause by the person walking with back to traffic...time to remove it I believe
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Please let the people that love me NOT put up a plastic flower laden memorial if I am killed in an unfortunate car accident. That is all.
sunsmiles

Post by sunsmiles »

Maybe not for those that have not experienced that type of grief to say.. but I tend to agree that perhaps the family may wish to remove the memorial from this location. If it was for my loved one..and this is just my thought for myself.. I might prefer to place a memorial in a location of happiness and love where I could visit and remember times of joy. I would also prefer to remove on my own rather than have that decision made for me or through necessity. This roadway area will be so much improved for the future for all our residents that we can pray no other persons of families will experience this type of tragic event ever again. With greatest respect for all, this is just my thought.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

As tragic as loss of life is, and without any intent to belittle that, I still feel that memorials belong in Cemeteries. That is sort of what they are there for, to fill that need I believe.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

I've told my wife that if I happen to die in a car accident, I would prefer a handful of wildflowers scattered there. My ashes, in the meantime, will be strapped in an open box on the back of her Harley and I'll be scattered all over the damn place LOL.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Sige wrote:I've told my wife that if I happen to die in a car accident, I would prefer a handful of wildflowers scattered there. My ashes, in the meantime, will be strapped in an open box on the back of her Harley and I'll be scattered all over the damn place LOL.

But but................ I don't want to inhale you. 8-O
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

BA HA HAAA...just hold your breath!

Return to “Central Okanagan”