The ditches on Residential Roads

Gennarosity

The ditches on Residential Roads

Post by Gennarosity »

Am I the only resident of Lake Country who finds the ditches on either side of the road on mostly all the roads in Lake Country are hazardous and could be better used? This morning, I was late to class because I backed into a ditch on the side of my driveway and had to call a tow truck to get out. The ditch there, as most places, would be better used if it were filled and made into a parking space.
Attachments
Please fill the ditches
Please fill the ditches
2manyfords
Übergod

Re: The ditches on Residential Roads

Post by 2manyfords »

Hmmm....

Looks like Cheryl Road by the top of Twana......Most of the ditches up there are already filled and "non-functional", full of parking spaces. ( my former property being one of them) At best, the remaining "ditches" are merely catch basins.
Trying to think of something profound, and full of wisdom to place here...any suggestions?
jswiftkelowna

Post by jswiftkelowna »

I have also noticed that the ditches tend to slope. Other notable slopes include hills and mountains. While they may be difficult to navigate, I tend to avoid driving directly off of slopes. Additional features of the landscape that I avoid are: gravel shoulders, boulders, ponds, lakes, and anything that you could describe as "avoidable".

It seems as though this rural community has a number of rural features, such as ditches. Nonetheless, I am pleased that the ditches exist, as they are excellent at preventing flooding and aiding drainage. I think of ditches like I think of lakes: they may damage my car or be an inconvenience when I drive directly into them, but they certainly are easy to avoid.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jswiftkelowna wrote: I think of ditches like I think of lakes: they may damage my car or be an inconvenience when I drive directly into them, but they certainly are easy to avoid.

Apparently not for everyone.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Central Okanagan”