Why is Castanet's news so far behind?

damama55
Übergod

Why is Castanet's news so far behind?

Post by damama55 »

Sorry, Castanet, but it seems your news is so late in getting out. I mean, I check out the North Okanagan news, and there is still clips there from Aug. 1. Where is the story about all the smoke in this area?? Why do we have all the smoke in the area?? It is bad enough when we watch the news from the TV and see the same news 3 days in a row. Never mind, I just saw Wesla tell us why there is so much smoke. Fires around Quesnel, and the smoke is coming down from there. Thanks, anyway.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Why is Castanet's news so far behind?

Post by Bsuds »

They don't read posts on the forum. Send them an email with your complaint.
I believe it's [email protected]
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank you. Done. I know they do read the posts, but it is frustrating when they used to have the news before other Media sources, but, lately, it gets frustrating when you have questions from tourists, and you can't help them with answers. Maybe they have a lot of staff on vacation??
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

This is the great reply I got from an editor at Castanet--
"Interesting note. Did you see our smoke story that was posted before 2 p.m. and then updated at 2:43?

You also might have missed our live broadcast from the fire in West Kelowna last night, we went live from 11:45 at the fire line. I don't think CHBC even mentioned the fire that was only a few 100 yards from homes. We had it up at 11:30 and we updated it with a video story at 2 a.m. - only Castanet does that kind of coverage.

Did you also see our story about the police officer who was hurt in a crash? We had it up with photos - that nobody else had - six hours before other media even mentioned it.

In Vernon, a week ago, Castanet was the first to have the story about the plane crash along Westside Rd. - hours before other media. We were also the only ones to have photos and video of the plane and of the Dr. who helped save the pilot. We were in the forest at 5 a.m. to make sure our readers were up to date - no other media even bothered to try and get to the crash site.

You can bet if it's happening in the Okanagan we will have the news on our site.

Sincerely," (The Editor)

My sincerest apologies to Castanet and their staff. They do do a great job, and, as I told them, it is always Castanet that I go to for the news. I think I was just sooooo frustrated that I couldn't find out about the smoke. I was really scared it was in the valley here. I found the link, after, in the forums list. UpdatedSmoky skies advisory issued, followed it and it is under the Central Okanagan section.
Once again, sorry, Castanet. I will leave now with my tail between my legs. :)
madadam
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by madadam »

This is a good site to check to see where the smoke may be coming from. This morning it was coming up from Washington.

http://www.bcairquality.ca/bluesky/west/index.html
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank you. :) I have saved that site to my favorites. Thanks, again. :)

Return to “Central Okanagan”