Swalwell Park

Involved

Swalwell Park

Post by Involved »

The District of Lake Country and the Lake Country Open Air concerts put on a great show Saturday night however it was marred by a very unfortunate event. A woman in a wheelchair rolled off the un marked concrete stairs, fell out of her chair and broke her leg Saturday night at the concert. She is now bedridden for six weeks in order to heal. The district of Lake Country should make this safer for all as it is very dark and not well lit. It's is a beautiful park, just too dark when the sun goes down. Hopefully no more abled and disabled bodies injure themselves. The woman has written a letter to Mayor and Council so It should be rectified soon.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Swalwell Park

Post by Rwede »

My wishes for a speedy recovery.

Involved wrote: The woman has written a letter to Mayor and Council so It should be rectified soon.

Doubtful.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

ok I don't understand how that happened ..when you are outside AS it gets dark your eyes adjust to the light or lack of...why would someone in a wheelchair be just "rolling" along without knowing where they are ??
Involved

Post by Involved »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Sep 5th, 2014, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: try again, this time making an actual point, and without the personal attack

Return to “Central Okanagan”