Crash highway claims another one.

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Crash highway claims another one.

Post by vinnied »

What a distasteful and misleading headline. wonder how many people thought there loved ones possibly died when they first read that and saw the picture of the red car.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#121783
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: Crash highway claims another one.

Post by KL3-Something »

I agree. The title was in poor taste given the history of people losing their lives on this stretch of road.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

I agree in bad taste but why has there been so many serious collisions there ? Want has been the causes of these collisions ?
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
mwalsh

Post by mwalsh »

According to the castanet update, this was a speed and alcohol related crash, the driver apparently four times the legal limit.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

ixler8 wrote: Want has been the causes of these collisions ?

Well , that one was caused buy a drunk speeding.
Most others , like the one today that claimed the life of someone from Manitoba , are caused by some idiot driver crossing the center line. In my opinion , holding the steering wheel of a 4000 pound chunk of steel traveling at 100 km/h is no different than holding a loaded handgun. Both are deadly weapons , and it is time we started charging drivers , who cross the center line and kill someone , with homicide.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's sad that people are dying on a seemingly simple stretch of road, couldn't get much less complicated compared to other cities.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I'm getting more and more alarmed at the increase in instances where I note an oncoming driver coming several feet over toward my side before suddenly correcting.

I've seen a marked increase in such behaviour on my many excursions to calls in Armstrong, Enderby, Lumby and such.

I for one will breath a sigh of relief when they get those centre barriers installed on the remaining stretch of Hwy 97 between Oyama and Vernon.

I much prefer that these texting and/or inattentive morons bounce off a solid chunk of concrete, as opposed to my vehicle.

Killing themselves due to stubbornly continuing to engage in illegal distractions whilst driving is one thing, but taking out innocent others in the process is simply unacceptable.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
bidwell2
Fledgling

Post by bidwell2 »

Nothing will change until the laws (and more importantly the penalties) change.

At this point the legal system is a complete joke, all because we are terrified as a society to point the finger at anyone.
I just read the news story where a 24 year old killed a young lady 3 years ago when he was doing 160 km/h in West Kelowna and ran a red. Leniency given because he cried in court. Two years suspended driving. There's the joke right there.

The former attorney general of BC recently pointed to the fact that three years later BC is still processing the rioters at the 2010 Olympics.

And I agree with another poster, every day I travel the local highways I see a vehicle drifting over lanes, often more than one, and I can see they are not watching the road.

When I started driving a head on collision in perfect driving conditions was a very rare event, now it is becoming commonplace, and unless something is done to counteract it very soon, it will become accepted as 'something that just happens, better get used to it'.

Everyone knows why these head on crashes and store front drive-throughs are happening. We need the authorities in charge to address it publicly. The next innocent victim will be one of us ...
ddiiaanne
Übergod

Post by ddiiaanne »

After not driving for a while, a trip on the highway past Vernon today was stressful.
I suggest more policing.
It's terrible how fast the traffic is through there!!
It seems like if you're doing the actually speed limit, then you're in the way.
Doing what I can, with what I have, where I am.

Return to “Central Okanagan”