New Highway Retail Shopping Centre - Lake Country BC

SmileyEyes

New Highway Retail Shopping Centre - Lake Country BC

Post by SmileyEyes »

Wondered how long it would take before we started to see any progress...there is an add in the rentals for leasing sites in the new mall at Oceola and Hwy 97...ad says opening spring/summer 2015...not too sure if I should be happy or concerned. Live on Pretty Rd, so there will be lots of construction and probable traffic delays in the near future...
Not Bob
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: New Highway Retail Shopping Centre - Lake Country BC

Post by Not Bob »

Would be nice if they could do something about the parking lot, aka Main Street
"You're not really dead until there's no one who thinks about you any more." - Bertolt Brecht ~
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

DocHolidey wrote:Would be nice if they could do something about the parking lot, aka Main Street

That was my first reaction as well. There's already a half dead mall across the street from this new location so I'm not sure how this one is going to attract better tenants unless they are guaranteed a major anchor we don't know about.

I'd much rather see Main Street developed and the beginnings of an actual town centre as opposed to what Lake Country currently is.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Even the existing mall near the Main Street lunar landscape (IGA/BCLS etc.) is sitting partially empty, the old video store and boutique as well as the Sears/water/wine store are all for lease.
SmileyEyes

Post by SmileyEyes »

RVThereYet wrote:Even the existing mall near the Main Street lunar landscape (IGA/BCLS etc.) is sitting partially empty, the old video store and boutique as well as the Sears/water/wine store are all for lease.

Heard a new Chinese restaurant will be going in where the video store was...
jswiftkelowna

Post by jswiftkelowna »

Drove through yesterday. Looks like something happening on Main Street, well ahead of anything at the place across from the Tim Horton's. Good to see something happening on that big lot!
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

SmileyEyes wrote:Heard a new Chinese restaurant will be going in where the video store was...

Good. The other place seriously needs some competition.

Noticed this morning that there's a lot of activity on the corner across from the new TD Bank. Any word what's happening there?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

Being prepped for new Shoppers Drugs and Royal Bank on Main Street .
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

deedub wrote:Being prepped for new Shoppers Drugs and Royal Bank on Main Street .

If Shoppers is putting up a new store it would move out of the other mall leaving yet another and in this case rather large vacancy there to add to all the others.

Having a Royal Bank out here will be nice, too.

Pure speculation: Maybe the CIBC will follow suit and built their own building sometime in the future as well leaving yet more open space n the Winfield Mall.
Not Bob
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Not Bob »

They are preparing to rename main street to Baker Blvd. and are building a statue of Chairman Baker where the construction is taking place.
"You're not really dead until there's no one who thinks about you any more." - Bertolt Brecht ~
nle
Fledgling

Post by nle »

is there not a dairy queen going in across from timmies I heard that will be the "draw"
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

nle wrote:is there not a dairy queen going in across from timmies I heard that will be the "draw"

I heard that rumor. Also heard that the DQ was looking elsewhere as it's taking too long for that building to go up.

According to DLC's Facebook page, there's 4 building going into that corner that's currently being worked on, but they're tight lipped about whos taking up occupancy there.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Wasn't the DQ slated for Berry and 97?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Kalvin K
Fledgling

Post by Kalvin K »

Seems I've heard about a DQ coming to Lake Country every 6 months for the last 10 years.

Gotten to the point where I won't believe it until I see the sign.
btom

Post by btom »

The usual BC old boys commentary's. Probably better named CAVE! Citizens against virtually everything!

Return to “Central Okanagan”