Greek House

damama55
Übergod

Re: Greek House

Post by damama55 »

I have heard that they have now shut their doors. I heard that New Year's Eve was their last night. I hope it was only for 2014, not for this year. So sad if we have lost yet another business!! Does anyone know for sure??
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
sunsmiles

Post by sunsmiles »

A member of my family was working there and yes they have closed and staff now on lay off. Too bad. I enjoyed the meals I had there and it is nice to have various eating options other than fast food.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

That is really sad to hear, for the restaurant and for your family member. But, with the great staff they had, I am sure your family member will find a good job, maybe at the new restaurant that opened. I hear it is pretty busy, AND their food is good, too.
Thank you for the update. :)
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

sunsmiles wrote:they have closed and staff now on lay off

Is this permenant or just until Tourist season starts?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I was wondering that also. Some restaurants close for the month of January to escape the dead month and take a rest from the business.
However, if they are permanently closed, jan 1 is the best time to do it. Why lose more?

If they aren't closed permanently, hopefully they will clear it up as rumours run rampant and it wouldn't be positive for them.
You and 71 others Like this post
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Stopped to look at a sign on the front door today. It would appear the former owners will not be back? The sign says closed due to renovations and that Christos will be back. I feel bad for the people who tried to make a go of Mezedes and am not sure if it reverts back to The Greek House??
neroas
Fledgling

Post by neroas »

metallica wrote:Stopped to look at a sign on the front door today. It would appear the former owners will not be back? The sign says closed due to renovations and that Christos will be back. I feel bad for the people who tried to make a go of Mezedes and am not sure if it reverts back to The Greek House??

It is a shame when things don't work out. The restaurant business is pretty tough and takes a lot of work to make successful.

The sign says Christos is coming back?
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

neroas wrote:The sign says Christos is coming back?
Yes.
cherylynn26

Post by cherylynn26 »

Hi Everyone

I happened to run into this feed just the other day and I thought maybe I should offer some explanation for the closure of Mezedes Grill to the public. Due to personal and financial reasons we unfortunately had to shut the doors and therefore the previous owner has reopened the restaurant as The Greek House. I want to extend my sincerest gratitude to the people who took the time out of their days to comment on how much they enjoyed Mezedes. It was our dream and unfortunately losing it has been tough but reading some of your words has made me feel satisfied knowing people did enjoy their experiences at our restaurant. I hope the Greek House continues to be a great dinner location for the town.

Cheryl
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

We hope you all are doing well, Cheryl. My friend and I enjoyed our visit to your restaurant and the service you gave us. The food was really good, too. We complimented you and your husband on everything. We wish you much success in your future endeavours. Take care and keep smiling that beautiful smile. All the best. :)
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

I did make the trek out to "The Greek House" because of the reputation that I had heard of. I was NOT disappointed and really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.

Return to “Central Okanagan”