New Chinese restaurant: Chopsticks

Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: New Chinese restaurant: Chopsticks

Post by Phoenix Within »

Its more no negative business reviews than no negative comments.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

neamster wrote:Puzzled by the comment that no negative reviews allowed. Does this apply to all postings on the Lake Country forum, or just this one? I have read some mighty negative comments on this forum. On the one hand I get tired of repeated, nasty negative comments on all manner of issues. On the other hand, if all negative comments are to be removed, well that's not much of a forum

Read the rules pertaining to business revies.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Dec 17th, 2014, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Thanks Jo. So they are not perfect, I am sure in time they will come around to satisfy most of the people. I went to a drive thru that has been here along time and came home with out my wife's burger and they have been doing this business along time. Upset? Not me but my wife was, just saying they deserve a chance and will go there soon!!
Deeoars
Fledgling

Post by Deeoars »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Dec 17th, 2014, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Deeoars
Fledgling

Post by Deeoars »

*this needs to be dealt with via pm with Jo*/ferri
Last edited by ferri on Dec 17th, 2014, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: questioning moderator decision READ THE RULES
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I have an idea. If you have a problem with a business, how about talking to the manager/owner and see if your constructive suggestions might be appreciated and implemented by them?? As this is a small town, our friendly folks here will definitely help a new business succeed, I'm sure.
Good luck to the new Chopsticks restaurant. I am anxious to give them a try. Nice to hear their food is good.
Give them a chance, and, if you do have a problem, talk to them and tell THEM. See if they can and will fix it. I'm sure they will do their best. It is their livelihood, and word of mouth goes a long way. Like other businesses say, "If you are happy with our service, tell others--if you aren't--tell us."
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lucky2beme
Fledgling

Post by lucky2beme »

I popped in there yesterday to get a takeout menu. I know they just opened about half an hour before I got there, and there were already a good bunch of people there. I got a few whiffs of food being cooked-smelled so yummy. I looked at the menu when I got home and noticed that some items are kind of pricey. I wonder if the portions are generous? I saw the combination for one lets you choose what food items you would like. That is a knock on some other places that have set combos.

With that being said, I can hardly wait to try their food. I might see what their buffet is like?? When I try their food I will write my review.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Tried their food this evening and must say I enjoyed it.

Portions are very generous and price reasonable.

The thing I liked best was that the food didn't taste the same as every other Chinese food joint in the Okanagan, which is something I feel most do.

They don't use MSG and the food wasn't greasy as I find so much Chinese food to be.

Some growing pains yet, as to be expected, but all in all well worth visiting.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Would like to take the family there, has anyone tried their smorg yet?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

metallica wrote:Would like to take the family there, has anyone tried their smorg yet?

They told me the buffet is on the weekend so I guess the answer would be no.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Talked to a fellow dog walker this morning and he and his wife went to the "Buffet" Smorg last night and other than a very long wait to get in the food was excellent!! Very good to hear. And LoneWolf the smorg is Friday,Saturday and Sunday. 4:30 to 8:00 and Dim Sum Buffet Saturday and Sunday 11:30 till 2:00pm. He brought me a menu and prices are comparable to any of the others we have been to in Vernon and Kelowna. My mouth is watering just thinking of what I want to try. I wish them all the luck.
tiredofthebitching

Post by tiredofthebitching »

Does anyone have a web address for the restaurant. I would like to see the menu.
doughboy251

Post by doughboy251 »

Just came back from Chopsticks, had the smorg. It was awesome, service was good and the food is actually better than I expected. and I would recommend it to everybody
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Are they related to chop stix in west kelowna?

Return to “Central Okanagan”