Kudos to city workers

Kalvin K
Fledgling

Kudos to city workers

Post by Kalvin K »

Gotta say, I'm impressed with how all this snow was managed.

Like most of LC, our garbage day was monday morning. I drug my bins out through 2' of fresh snow and left them in the snowbank fully expecting to not have them picked up. To my surprise, when I got home from work they were empty.

Also impressed with the plowing/snow removal. Reading in Kelowna threads and people haven't had their side roads plowed yet. I certainly live on a side road without a lot of houses (not on a buss route, etc) but our street was in very good shape this morning and i don't think we went longer than 12hrs without a plow rolling through even during the worst of the snow.

I don't know what everyone else's experience has been, but I must say that I'm pretty happy with the services we've received considering the circumstances.
danmartin
Board Meister

Re: Kudos to city workers

Post by danmartin »

I live in Carrs Landing and though garbage day was Monday they still haven't been emptied? I understand there are delays so this is meant to gather information rather than complain. Are they still going to make it this week or should we simply bring our bins in? I was told by a friend that they will get here eventually but if they have lost three days will they manage to catch up before next Monday?
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

danmartin wrote:I understand there are delays so this is meant to gather information rather than complain.

I think the OP was just giving a compliment.
V!
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
mistyone

Post by mistyone »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 7th, 2015, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Derailing thread - start a new one for complaints, thanks.
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

I think the OP was just giving a compliment.
V![/quote]

I understand that and never suggested otherwise? I just mentioned that I wasn't making a complaint as I didn't want my comment to be taken that way. I fully appreciate the difficulties the heavy snowfall was causing but was simply wondering if there was a directive or plan for garbage pickup.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I apologize Dan, I must have misunderstood.
There are a couple threads going around that are full of negativity about the recent snowfall and cleanup efforts. I thought it was great to see a positive appreciation of the jobs that were done.
Wasn't sure you were heading in the right direction, again I do apologize.

V!
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Great big Kudos to the staff of Lake Country's snow removal.
I called this morning to have snow cleared from the Woodsdale Communtiy Center's access from the road, AND for the sidewalk exit off of Woodsdale to cross Btm. Wd. Lk. Rd. Wheelchair folks had to wait on the road for the bus as they couldn't get up onto the sidewalk for the bus to pick them up.
Here it is 1:30 PM and it is done!!! Kudos to Sukh, I believe he said his name is. Beautiful big smile that lit up the whole street. LOL He came with his snow blower and cleared the areas in no time.
Thank you to all who have worked so hard in this VERY unusual heavy snowfall that we have in this region. We all appreciate the efforts you all have made to make our roads clear and safe.
Just another reason I love living here.
Happy New Year to all and hopefully the rest of the Winter will treat us all well. Stay safe and keep up with those great smiles. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

I called the District 2 days ago to have a plow come in just too widen so we could get access and egress. I was told to phone the Contracter and I said you hired him why do I have to talk to him why don"t you phone and she hung up. Since when do we have to phone someone that they hired so I can just have a road widened, and yes this is Thursday. And it is still one lane.

Return to “Central Okanagan”