Property Tax Assesments

mistyone

Property Tax Assesments

Post by mistyone »

I would be interested in finding out how much everyone's assessment changed this year. I thought I heard it was to be about 10 % increase.

Mine went up over 25 %

Please express your increase/decrease in percentages. Dollar value does little good for comparisons.

Divide this years number by last years number ...
Baulde

Re: Property Tax Assesments

Post by Baulde »

Is tax amount a mater of public record?
I would be interested to see a graph of tax rate compared to surrounding areas since LC was incorporated. And a few years prior and then the expected tax rate in the next 10 years.
I really do think LC is in serious trouble.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Baulde wrote:I really do think LC is in serious trouble.

Why? Taxes taken has absolutely nothing to do with property values, and everything to do with your property relative to the average property in the city.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Baulde

Post by Baulde »

Glacier wrote:Why? Taxes taken has absolutely nothing to do with property values, and everything to do with your property relative to the average property in the city.

Where did I mention property values? And why... because this area cannot support itself. Taxes going up now are going to appear small compared to future raises and LC will still be debt.
sunsmiles

Post by sunsmiles »

I live down on the flats and my assessment has dropped about $20 thou from last year. I don't recall the last time I have seen that. I have lived here since 1976. My friend on the westside said the same has happened with hers. A workmate I have in Kelowna has seen his increase about $24 thousand. Interesting and confusing.
Sarahml

Post by Sarahml »

Our property assessment in Lake Country went up just less than 1%. I find it interesting that our property value is $305k yet a realtor noted that it would easily sell for $350k... but I'm not complaining :)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sarahml wrote:Our property assessment in Lake Country went up just less than 1%. I find it interesting that our property value is $305k yet a realtor noted that it would easily sell for $350k... but I'm not complaining :)

Very common for properties to sell for 10-20%over assessment.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Down about 5% while all of my neighbours are up 5%.

Happy days.

Return to “Central Okanagan”