Sick of NDP attack ads

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
Al Czervic
Guru

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by Al Czervic »

Nabcom wrote:
Ya, isn't it a shame that in modern politics much of the time the difficult decisions are avoided, and they look for the easiest, most misleading, and most convenient way out of making them?

Nab

Precisely ! The problem with making difficult decisions is that they invariably end up ticking someone (or a whole group of someone’s) off. Hence why they are called “difficult” decisions. Unfortunately too many politicians are so obsessed with their own personal approval ratings they end being fence sitters as they are unwilling to make the unpopular decisions that make some people angry with them.

This only leaves the dirty work for someone else to do. What really get’s me is when the next person in office is busy cleaning up the mess from the previous fence sitter all while the fence sitter complains about how the mess get’s cleaned up.

Kind of like moving into rental accommodation after the tenant before you got thrown out for basically destroying the place. The evicted tenant ends up moving across the street and each day while you are out in the yard cleaning up the mess they left behind; they are outside yelling at you telling you how your cleaning approach is all wrong and really they know better how to keep a place clean. That of course begs the question why they got thrown out and evicted in the first place; but that is a discussion best left for another day.
Back with a vengeance
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Al Czervic wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Ya, isn't it a shame that in modern politics much of the time the difficult decisions are avoided, and they look for the easiest, most misleading, and most convenient way out of making them?

Nab

Precisely ! The problem with making difficult decisions is that they invariably end up ticking someone (or a whole group of someone’s) off. Hence why they are called “difficult” decisions.

One thing Gordon Campbell has never had a problem with is making decisions that will make life difficult for someone. Like all right-wing politicians, he is great at telling the poor and middle class it is time to make sacrifices and tighten our belts - so that his buddies on Howe Street can protect their "hard-earned" wealth during these tough economic times. While this Carbon Tax, for example, will barely be noticed by people with seven figure incomes, it hurts the working poor and middle class - never mind those living outside of the lower mainland, Kelowna or Kamloops who have access to nothing this tax supposedly provides. Oh, and by the way, feel free to insult us further with a $100 cheque. Think I'll buy a cheap horse.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

By the way, I didn't get the $100 cheque!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

CaptainAwesome wrote:By the way, I didn't get the $100 cheque!

Awww :-( Howcum?

A bit of an aside... I was chatting with another voter yesterday (who incidentally was complaining about the only two local candidate choices, Liberal and NDP, both being rather useless %(&_*'s) in his view although reserved most of his venom for the incumbent Liberal candidate - when he raised an issue I wasn't aware of..

He claimed he had seen a report that eleven of our high priced Liberal representatives, presumably among those who had voted themselves a fat pay raise and retirement benefits package last year, were retiring from politics and not running in this election. Fair enough, be gone and move on, ...but if I understood him correctly the report indicated that each of those individuals has been (or is to be) given a chunk of taxpayer money ($11,000.00?) for "re-training".

Huh?

Can anyone confirm or refute this allegation, or is it just another attempt to start a rumour?

Nab

Edit: ...oops, it appears to be even worse than he said....

From: http://www.theprovince.com/Taxpayers+ho ... story.html

""Taxpayers on hook for millions to help ousted politicians get new jobs""

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Bellevuejim wrote:The constant attack ads on the TV are driving me nuts. Can't this party ever focus on what they have done or maybe even, what they can do?

Non stop attacks on the best government that B.C. has had in a long time...just not working on winning me over.

Could anyone really imagine James as premier? We would be the laughing stock of the country, continent...maybe the world? A premier with a permanent scowl on her face, pro union, anti business...people and industry would leave B.C. in droves. We would be doomed!!!

You're the pitiful one. You aren't actually criticizing the NDP's attack ads, but rather simply using this thread to attack the NDP. Which is ironic, because that's what you're complaining about.

The current party with Campbell is a disgrace. Campbell is a criminal (DUI), and most of the NDP "attack ads" are based in reasonable fact. Get passed your shameful bias then maybe you'll see that your party isn't all sunshine and butterflies.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

FreeRights wrote: The current party with Campbell is a disgrace. Campbell is a criminal (DUI), ...

If only that (DUI) was the only reason many people consider Campbell to be a criminal, then it could just be a shameful embarrassment for Liberal supporters (who try to pretend it's not). However, if the criminal investigations currently underway into collusion, insider trading and defrauding taxpayers ultimately lead to the head of the snake, I can hardly wait to see how the Liberal sheeple make excuses for him then (as he's being led away in handcuffs).

:skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”