Willow Park Church: Living Nativity

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Papa Bear
Fledgling

Willow Park Church: Living Nativity

Post by Papa Bear »

I took my family to the Living Nativity for the 2:45pm show. We normally go to this event every December. I have to say that I am never disappointed with this event, as it seems to give the right dose of christmas spirit every year.
I'm not a church goer, but I appreciate the christmas message that comes out of the play. Its like reading a child's novel, simple and to the point, but very enjoyable. I love the real live mannequins, and cannot imagine the work that goes into this. And how nice to be served up hot apple cider and cookies at the end. A great way to warm up after being in the cold!

I would like to send out a big thank you to the people involved in creating this wonderful event every year. Its just fantastic. I especially liked the modern twist on Mary and Joseph!
cubafreak
Board Meister

Post by cubafreak »

I agree, I have only gone twice but I found this year was really good! The amount of talent that we see is amazing! I am an emotional person and I am always brought to tears over the whole event... I find such a welcoming good feel about the church and the people.. In my view this is the best Christmas event going!!!!
Tiggy

I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Post by Tiggy »

We went to the last show last night, and I am sooo glad I didn't miss this event this year-I'd heard a lot of comments that last year was "too heavy" and "depressing", but this year was anything but!!! It was funny, entertaining, and definitely appealing for all ages. I cannot believe the amount of work and talent that went into the whole production.
My favorite part was the old 1930s hockey game and the live "manequins" depicting hockey scenes.
Thank you, Thank you, everyone at Willow Park Church for this amazing experience. They don't even take any donations, it is a completely free event, and it is so well worth it!!!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I should take my daughter to check that out. What times are the shows at?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

I dont know, I found everything perfect except for the play.. This years musical had a good heart behind it, but the acting fell short.. very bad timing with lines... Besides that it was all good. Last year the musical had much better actors.
To be inspired.
donna_mgc

Post by donna_mgc »

oh wow, so glad I saw this thread!! I was one of the volunteers. For the past few years I have done this. Some of the people who volunteered (about 400 volunteers in total) have been doing it for all 14 years of the Nativity! This year's show was very cool, modernized and fun. I am so happy you enjoyed it. Hope you don't mind me showing this thread to a few others. :123:
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Hi Donna,
It was the highlight of my Christmas season, and I can't say enough about all of volunteers who gave sooo much of yourselves to put the whole thing together. This is the first time I've stayed to go into the Grande Hall with all the "manequins", and we were so impressed-especially with the hockey rink/game!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
And, please do show this thread to more of the volunteers, so they know how much this means to those of us that got to enjoy it!!!
Tiggy

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”