A & B

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
ralphrob
Board Meister

Post by ralphrob »

ABC restaurants are OFF our lists permanently.

We went to our last one in Abbotsford and my wife's chicken breast had been sliced in 2 to make smaller portions!! It also took about 45 - 1 hour to get the meal.

They offered us a free coffee as compensation NEXT TIME we visited

We put a complaint to head office and are still waiting a reply (2 years). So much for customer service.
machine
Fledgling

Post by machine »

gardengirl wrote:I wouldn't judge a place on quality right when it opens. That is always a tough time as everyone is learning the flow. Give it a couple of months and try again.

If this place is a chain of some sort than a second chance is not deserved! They are supposed to be streamlined before they open, and have any kinks worked out. As far as running out of food, well that is just poor planning on the manager/chef's part. I have been in the restaurant industry for over 10 years, you run out of something you get your *bleep* to the closest grocery store and buy it!
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

I'm actually very surprised ABC Country Restaurant opened up in Kelowna. They generally are considered "truck stop cafe" material and are located in rural towns in southeastern B.C. and Alberta. I guess, since they've partnered with Accent Inns to be their house restaurant for the guests of Accent Inns, they may be able to make a go of it where similarly-themed Smitty's and The Pantry have failed. Plus, they're located in a low- and moderate-income senior citizen's area. So, they've got a decent chance - I just hope they don't let their food quality be sub-par just because they're not priced like a fancy schmancy joint such as nearby Kelsey's or even Ric's Grill or The Keg.

Cheers,
Doug
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dmehus wrote:I'm actually very surprised ABC Country Restaurant opened up in Kelowna. They generally are considered "truck stop cafe" material and are located in rural towns in southeastern B.C. and Alberta. I guess, since they've partnered with Accent Inns to be their house restaurant for the guests of Accent Inns, they may be able to make a go of it where similarly-themed Smitty's and The Pantry have failed. Plus, they're located in a low- and moderate-income senior citizen's area. So, they've got a decent chance - I just hope they don't let their food quality be sub-par just because they're not priced like a fancy schmancy joint such as nearby Kelsey's or even Ric's Grill or The Keg.

Cheers,
Doug

With 17 of their 33 locations being in the lower mainland and Vancouver Island!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

And there used to be an ABC Family Restaurant in Kelowna 20 years ago. I think it was in Mission Park where The Pantry is now...or was it next to Gold's Gym??? :-k
GreyGoose
Fledgling

Post by GreyGoose »

Fancy wrote:
Snowbaby wrote:
Fancy wrote:Isn't it similar to White Spot or The Panty?

I'm with you Westsidemom.....lost my appetitie!! LMAO

Boy now we know where Fancy gets all her fancy dress ideas from! LOL

Sorry Fancy, just had to tease ya!

Guess I'd better retire some of my housedresses now - so passe. Think I'd rather eat at Boston Pizza. Maybe give ABC a chance a few months from now :)

ABC is disgusting........always has always will.....well maybe not always.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Well, scratch that one off our list.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I've eaten at the ABC in the Holiday Inn in Osoyoos a number of times (it's a central location and a bunch of us from all over use their facilities for luncheon meetings) and I've never been disappointed. Of course I didn't have particularly high expectations as I knew I wasn't going to be laying out the coin I would have been at a Keg or something similar. It's a medium cost, nothing fancy, family type restaurant and fills that order quite well. Lots of choices at ten bucks a plate or less and the food I had was prepared satisfactorily. Can't speak for the one in Kelowna, but the Osoyoos one is fine if you aren't looking for a night-on-the-town impress-the-new-gal sort of place.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

fluffy wrote:I've eaten at the ABC in the Holiday Inn in Osoyoos a number of times (it's a central location and a bunch of us from all over use their facilities for luncheon meetings) and I've never been disappointed. Of course I didn't have particularly high expectations as I knew I wasn't going to be laying out the coin I would have been at a Keg or something similar. It's a medium cost, nothing fancy, family type restaurant and fills that order quite well. Lots of choices at ten bucks a plate or less and the food I had was prepared satisfactorily. Can't speak for the one in Kelowna, but the Osoyoos one is fine if you aren't looking for a night-on-the-town impress-the-new-gal sort of place.

We'll have to get together some time. You are a veritable fount. :)
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

We ate at ABC last night. They were not very crowded, probably due to the weather. But, the service was quick and friendly. The food arrived in a very short amount of time, steaming hot. The portions were plentiful and the price was reasonable. My only complaint was, it seemed like they just dumped the fries right on the plate without draining them at all. I did have to take my napkin and "pat" them dry. Other than that, everything was quite tasty and we will not hesitate to go back again. Prices seemed to range from about $8-$15 with the average around $10. And, I think the fries might be "all you can eat" although they give you enough the first time around. I couldn't finish mine.
Its not fancy like The Keg, its more of a family type place, Just like Fluffy said! :smt023
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

onestop67 wrote:And there used to be an ABC Family Restaurant in Kelowna 20 years ago. I think it was in Mission Park where The Pantry is now...or was it next to Gold's Gym??? :-k

It was next to Gold's. We use to eat there all the time when I was a kid. I loved it back then.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”