Any New Year's Eve events in town?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Royal#1

Any New Year's Eve events in town?

Post by Royal#1 »

Are any fireworks or events planned for tonight 2007 farewell?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

ha this is Kelowna we are talking about.

They didnt even fire off any fireworks for July 1st
Royal#1

Post by Royal#1 »

Oh right, for their own excitement they use tasers I guess.
Well, next New year we will most likely have to go to New York.
Spectacular event every year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :130:
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

This city is becoming more and moer a party pooper town with no fun regulations up to your ears and whining that there is nothing to do.
The wakeboard event with some changes would have been great, not something I would attend but we need a little fun for yourger folks and yes they should have a few beers in the streee like New Orleans Marti Gras.
This city depends on young people to be volunteers for all kinds of events but we as a society don't want to let them let off some steam. I may be an old guy now, but I understand that every event in the city doesn't have to be a family event. New Year could be a great series of events for both families and venues for grown ups as well but the city would have to make a few decisions and that would be terrible so no we have nothing.
Here is another reason we should vote them all out of office in November 2008 and put in a council that represents the interests of citizens and not the interests of developers, churches and a handful of movers and shakers. Now that would create fireworks
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you said it :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Royal#1

Post by Royal#1 »

Looks like City Hall cares only for developers who are targeting retirees for buyers, and that will bounce back at them very hard on next election.
Province rejected $10.00 minimum wage, sunshine tax is worthless for young workers who want some fun in return, just beaches and trails are all over BC.
It's pity to waste such a potential that Kelowna has. I can see the future of this city, unfortunately not so bright.
My kid was so disappointed last night,he does remember July 1st, this year he's graduating and my hands are tied, and mouth shut to try to convince him to stay in valley, thanks to blindfolded city councils and Mrs. Mayor.
Royal#1

Post by Royal#1 »

If they think that senior citizens will rather put up with burglars and drug traffickers than little bit noise caused by occasional fireworks and children giggling let them be it. Hopefully they will be ready to jump in and do service works instead of regular workers due to seeing the same leaving the town in seek for more affordable and exciting places to live in.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”