Sweeney Todd

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Sweeney Todd

Post by fluffy »

Different. Entertaining, but really different.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

that's one movie i would like to see. i just read the story of the real Sweenie Todd on http://www.crimelibrary.com a few weeks ago. CREEPY!!!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Yes, it's worth the trip to the theatre, that's for sure. Bear in mind what you will be seeing is a big screen remake of a Steven Sondheim musical, with a considerable helping of blodd and gore. And you get to see Johnny Depp sing.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

har har...some of my favorite movies are Friday the 13th...all 84 of them, Texas Chainsaw Massacres, Halloween...all 84 of them... :lol: so blood and gore don't bother me. lol i am SO tough! :140:
― Albert Einstein
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

I thought it was great! While there is a lot of blood and gore, I found that they didn't make it look as realistic as is usually done in movies (the blood wasn't quite as red, the throat slitting a little too clean). I took this as a bit of a throw back to how it would look on stage.

The casting was awesome as well. I needn't say anything about Johnny Depp's greatness, obviously, and Sacha Baron Cohen was fantastic!

I do tend to have rather...dark...tastes, though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Can't wait to see what Tim Burton does with Alice in Wonderland! :badgrin:
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

ferri wrote:har har...some of my favorite movies are Friday the 13th...all 84 of them, Texas Chainsaw Massacres, Halloween...all 84 of them... :lol: so blood and gore don't bother me. lol i am SO tough! :140:

:200: My god, what happens to those wings and halo when you come away from watching stuff like that? The Dark Side of Mod St. Ferri (ominous music inserted here).
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

the wings and halo stay in place. :140: when i watch stuff like that i really am the purest one there!
― Albert Einstein
Fleshfailures
Board Meister

Post by Fleshfailures »

I love this movie! The casting and acting were great, and the songs are catchy and entertaining. Also, it has a few funny moments.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”