Vintage Room at the Capri...any opinions?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Vintage Room at the Capri...any opinions?

Post by JayByrd »

My wife and I received a GC to the Vintage Room as a wedding gift, and we're finally getting around to using it. Have any Castanetters been there, and if so what did you think?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I've been there and the service and food was good.

I was however glad that the bill was covered by one of our manufacturers when I saw it. :200:
Snowbaby
Lord of the Board

Post by Snowbaby »

My company took us out for the Christmas lunch buffet a couple years ago. It was delicious...loads of items to please anybody.
Though I do agree with LoneWolf...glad someone else was footing the bill!
sas11109
Fledgling

Post by sas11109 »

If you want some great food try the Vintners Lounge at the Capri Hotel. A more relaxing atmosphere and not as pricey as the Vintage Room. And the great part is both places share the same kitchen. We've never had a bad meal there. We discovered this a few years ago while visiting different restaurants participating in the Okanagan's annual Wine & Dine event- here's the link:
http://www.bcrfa.com/Text/1163099774756 ... 6232-5611/

Keep checking back on this link as some of the restaurants haven't added their menus yet.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I used to preform security duties at the Capri Hotel. It's actually a great place, as far as food goes, and they actually put safety first, which is a great change.

When I worked there, the night chef was the same as one who worked at Manhattan Point, at Prospera Place. The clientele tend to be of a more tolerable, reasonable kind than some of the motels I've provided security for. ;)
LeifH
Fledgling

Post by LeifH »

Where do bands play in Vintner's? Is there a stage or something?
guicho

Post by guicho »

The food is top notch, as good as the best in Vancouver. I have been several times. The Sunday brunch is quite the spread. I've been a few times, never had to pay though.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

=P~
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

LeifH wrote:Where do bands play in Vintner's? Is there a stage or something?

They play right in the lounge. In the summer, they sometimes set up on the patio.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
BGV666
Übergod

Post by BGV666 »

Typical high end fare, more attention spent on presentation than quantity. have a snack before hand so you're not hungry when you leave.
STUPID PEOPLE MAKE MY HEAD HURT.
MADGE
Fledgling

Post by MADGE »

I did not find it as good as the food in Vancouver. I find the food in the Restaurants in Kelowna, have a long way to go to compete with Vancouver even though they charge an arm and a leg.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Loveee wrote:I did not find it as good as the food in Vancouver. I find the food in the Restaurants in Kelowna, have a long way to go to compete with Vancouver even though they charge an arm and a leg.

You must be going to the wrong restaurants.

There's some pretty top notch fare to be had around these parts if you know where to go.

I think there's more effort made around here since it's wine country than any place I've ever eaten at in Vancouver though I grant you I don't do that often.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Thanks to all who replied. We used our GC and had a very good meal. My friend (we used the GC to take two friends out to dinner) said the lamb was as good as any he's ever had, and he has it often. I'd agree with BGV666...the Vintage Room is what you'd expect from an upscale restaurant with entrees typically in the $25-40 range. We were very happy with the food and service.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”