Help, I need an adrenalin rush, recommend a movie

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

BriTer wrote:...then I suggest you change genre, maybe the more romantically inclined movies. Like Shrek :)

Pfft, that's not nearly as much fun!
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Jo wrote:
BriTer wrote:...then I suggest you change genre, maybe the more romantically inclined movies. Like Shrek :)

Pfft, that's not nearly as much fun!

Do you prefer the old classics or the more recent guts, blood and snot movies?

hmm...haven't seen much of the more recent ones, maybe that's why I prefer the older ones.

Nothing like a good old Basil Rathbone to set the mood. like in Hounds of the Baskervilles. You can smell the bog :200: <----for lack of a better word
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Hey you bring up a good point, I hadn't thought of the old classics. I used to love Dracula movies when I was a kid, come to think of it.

The one thing I hate about a lot of new movies is the graphic depiction of torture procedures, etc.. I am a wimp. I want my adrenalin rush but I want it delivered delicately. :lol:
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

Legend may be up your alley... With Will Smith. Not too sure when it comes to DVD, or Yahrr Ware... I saw it in the Theater, it was quite good as well.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Hmm, I can't seem to find it, is that the name for sure? I like Will Smith, he's alway good, he gets a bit of humour into even the most serious movie, which I like.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Jo wrote:Hey you bring up a good point, I hadn't thought of the old classics. I used to love Dracula movies when I was a kid, come to think of it.

The one thing I hate about a lot of new movies is the graphic depiction of torture procedures, etc.. I am a wimp. I want my adrenalin rush but I want it delivered delicately. :lol:

...also, the old Mummy movies. No, not Laurel and Hardy meet the Mummy. We have several vhs movies here. Might still have the original Predator too.
Yes, some of the more recent are way too much.
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

Jo wrote:Hmm, I can't seem to find it, is that the name for sure? I like Will Smith, he's alway good, he gets a bit of humour into even the most serious movie, which I like.

It's called "I Am Legend" and I think it's still in theaters. I do want to see that one though. It definitely qualifies as your end of the world movie, as he's the last man on the planet...so he thinks. :)
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Thanks!!!!
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

Yes, that was the name, Thanks Gordian. It's kind of a zombie, end of the world type of movie... It did leave me wanting more though... hopefully a part two some day.....
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

COOL!!!!! I love zombie movies, and what could be better than a zombie movie that is also end-of-the-world? Well okay, it could be better if Kiefer Sutherland was in it, but I won't quibble. :lol:
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

Jo, I can't remember if you like sci-fi at all. There is a series on DVD called "Firefly" that is excellent. Wry humour, great characters, blow em up stuff. There is also a movie that goes along with it "Serenity" which I thought was also excellent.

Just a though, but for some reason I think that you aren't as much into the sci-fi stuff.....
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I do like some sci-fi, for sure. I'll take a look at that one! We just watched Sunshine the other day, and liked it a lot.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”