Atonement - Book & Movie (Possible Spoiler)

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Yellow Sprinkles
Board Meister

Atonement - Book & Movie (Possible Spoiler)

Post by Yellow Sprinkles »

Has anyone read Ian McEwan's novel, or seen the movie? Maybe you can enlighten me about the ending? I have not yet seen the movie, but I just finished the book and I can't figure out if Cecilia and Robbie live or die - and if they die, when?

Hahah hope I'm not too much of a nerd for talking books...
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
- Emerson
broadspectrum

Post by broadspectrum »

Big Spoiler...
He dies during the war. It has been a while since I read the book but I believe that she dies shortly after the war. The story that Briony has created is her atonement for separating the couple and ultimately causing their deaths. The story allows them to live on. At least that was my interpretation of the book.
Now how is that for a spoiler!
I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not sure if it will be the same. Why won't this movie come to Kelowna?!?!
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Thank You!!! I cannot for the life of me get into this book.... It makes me sleepy!

A friend of mine saw the movie and loved it.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
petspal
Fledgling

Atonement

Post by petspal »

Just saw the movie and it was great!!!!! Everyone played their parts so well.....sure makes WW 2 look horrible( as I am sure it was)

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”