What has happened to 630 ckov radio?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
friedemann
Fledgling

What has happened to 630 ckov radio?

Post by friedemann »

Is that station still going or what. It is badly run. Mostly dead air. 1150 is not much as the sole source of what is happening in Kelowna."up to the minute reporting". It is unfortunate.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

CKOV went off the air in November. I believe it has become a country station at 103.1 FM. called "B 103". It retains the CKOV call letters I think. This was well-covered on the Castanet forums, you should be able to find some threads on it if you search. I rarely listen to radio so I didn't pay much attention.

Interestingly, you said AM 630 is *mostly* dead air. Is there anything at all being broadcast on that frequency?
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

Interestingly, when 630 AM went off-air in November 2007, I e-mailed Shaw Cable to have one of their techs change the source frequency for the 104.3 Cable FM frequency from 630 AM to 103.1 FM so they'd continue broadcasting the local station on their FM cable line-up. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but in other areas of the country, I've read anecdotally they'd fix this ASAP. So, because of Shaw's ineptness, B-103 is the only local station not available on FM cable and because of that, it may affect their overall listenership and standing in the ratings. When you include, AM 1150, they rank only marginally ahead of AM 1150 in the ratings and well behind Silk, Sun and Power.

Cheers,
Doug

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”