Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Post by JayByrd »

I'm prepared to be the only Castanetter who gives a hoot about this, but 2008 tour dates for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers include shows in Calgary in Edmonton this August. No dates for Kelowna or Vancouver. TP rarely comes to Canada, and has not played the western provinces since approx. 2001. As TP doesn't tour heavily anymore, and his most recent tour was rumoured to be the last one ever, this may well be the last chance to see the band, at least out here. Is anyone else excited about this? :123:
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Sorry, nasal off-pitch singing is not my thing.
I guess you can tell I'm not a Bob Dylan fan either.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
fallin'
Liked that one:) No idea what the new stuff sounds like.
tawnylee
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by tawnylee »

I'm not a huge fan of his voice, but I love the music and lyrics... I'd definitely go see the show if my schedule permitted!!
Oh, Bob Dylan... His son came close, but not close enough!! Again, more about the lyrics and the scene than the voice.
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe
wingnut1970

TOM PETTY......I GIVE A HOOT!!

Post by wingnut1970 »

ALready got my tickets for Calgary...AUg 11 baby....row 20. Could've had row 2 but did not want to spend $260!!!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”