Chocolate Scone Recipe

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Puppycake
Board Meister

Chocolate Scone Recipe

Post by Puppycake »

We got some delicious chocolate scones at the Cobs bakery on Spall about 2 weeks ago. We went to get more only to find out that they do not carry them every day, but rather only a few days a week. That dosen't help much when you really want one and its a "No" day!
Does anyone by any chance have a good recipe for Chocolate scones? They were not chocolate chip! But rather all chocolate, and not overly sweet, which was a good thing!
If you have a good recipe for these, I would sure appreciate you posting it, or PM'ing me with it!
Thanks in advance!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

lol i just did a google search and can't find a recipe that doesn't have chocolate chips in it! but one of them looked so darn good i thought about inviting myself over and making you bake some. :lol:

http://orangette.blogspot.com/2005/06/9 ... e-and.html
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

joyofbaking.com had a recipe. It did have chocolate chips in it, but I would just omit it from the original recipe. It shouldn't change a thing by not adding them. It would be more than chocolatey enough with the 1/4 cup of cocoa. I would have copied and pasted the recipe, however my computer skills are a little lacking.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i saw that too Smuckers, but i thought Puppycakes would yell at me. she probably would have actually, but you're safe. :lol:

also, i was going to try to teach you how to copy/paste but i found a site that would do it much better. :D

http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html
― Albert Einstein
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

Thank you I'll have to check it out. I feel like such a 50's wife, I usually just get my husband to do it for me :127:
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

ferri wrote:i saw that too Smuckers, but i thought Puppycakes would yell at me. she probably would have actually, but you're safe. :lol:

http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html

LOL I would not have yelled at you! I really appreciate the help. I have searched several sites myself. And, I have nothing against chocolate chips in them. I actually like them, but, when I searched, many of them were chocolate chip scones, NOT chocolate scones, thats what I was trying to avoid. Guess I didn't make myself clear on that :12077:
Now I have to get some heavy cream (Something I don't usually have on hand) and then I will be baking! Yippeeeeee! Thanks!

Oh, just opened my pantry and I have Bit O Honeys in there too! hint hint :1422:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Smuckers wrote:Thank you I'll have to check it out. I feel like such a 50's wife, I usually just get my husband to do it for me :127:

:lol: well that link i gave you looks pretty darn easy! and you know, if you need any help you can just ask. :D we were all learning how to run these darn machines at one time or another!

oh and before Puppycakes yells at me again...

http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateScones.html

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/1993/0.shtml

http://www.recipesource.com/baked-goods ... c0114.html
― Albert Einstein
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

Cobbs makes a mean chocolate filled croisant as well.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Smuckers wrote:Cobbs makes a mean chocolate filled croisant as well.

oh i love those! sounds like i better check this place out!
― Albert Einstein
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

It's right next to T-Bones and Quality Greens. The only thing is if you don't get there early enough they sell out of things pretty quick.
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

Smuckers wrote:Cobbs makes a mean chocolate filled croisant as well.

Ohhhhhh I saw those darn things!! It was very tempting, but looked kind of like a diabetic overload for me! lol I figured the scones would be a little splurge, but the croissants might be pushing for me! But, if you don't have to worry about that, go get em and let me know if they are as yummy as they look!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Smuckers wrote:It's right next to T-Bones and Quality Greens. The only thing is if you don't get there early enough they sell out of things pretty quick.

OH! now i know where it is!!! i have gained 20 pounds looking in the window! :lol:
― Albert Einstein
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

There's nothing subtle about the croisants. They are sweet, flaky and delicious, just like me :126:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Smuckers wrote:There's nothing subtle about the croisants. They are sweet, flaky and delicious, just like me :126:

LOL no wonder i like you!!!
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”